[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ranking Tiers Between Positions

hagler

When drafting (using a Tier system)....how do you determine which is the best player available when

comparing different positions?

For example:

You're faced the following left on the board:

Mid level Tier 2 WR

High level Tier 3 RB

Low level Tier 2 QB

-----plenty of other scenarios you could come up with, also......

----which is the best player available?

I realize that you must fill starters, but what if it's only the 4th or 5th round and this is what's left?

Suggestions on determining best player available between Tiers of different positions?????

Appreciate the input!

Obvisously Tier 1 RB's rule the World. I rate the tier 2 rb's and tier 1 wr about the same, depending on what I need, the type of league, point system, etc. I usually do not take a QB until I have 2 or 3 good rb's and 2 good wr's and maybe a te, so I usually end up with a tier 2 or 3 qb. I hoped this helped.

P.S. Do not always base your draft on the cheat sheets, they are guides for your help.

Lots of factors.

First is my primary team need. If I have no QB and have my starters at RB and 2 of my WRs, then the QB value goes up a bit, but that must be tempered with:

Look at what is likely to go after you so you can plan your picks accordingly to maximize their value, something that is easier if you are at one of the ends of a round. If all the teams after you have their QB, no point wasting a pick on a QB as you are near certain to get whichever one you want on the come back, so you can focus on determining your greatest value from the other positions.

When drafting (using a Tier system)....how do you determine which is the best player available when

comparing different positions?

For example:

You're faced the following left on the board:

Mid level Tier 2 WR

High level Tier 3 RB

Low level Tier 2 QB

-----plenty of other scenarios you could come up with, also......

----which is the best player available?

I realize that you must fill starters, but what if it's only the 4th or 5th round and this is what's left?

Suggestions on determining best player available between Tiers of different positions?????

Appreciate the input!

The best way to use a tier system is to keep track of how many players are left in that tier.

In your example, it looks like the tier 2 QB's are almost gone, but there's plenty of tier 3 RB left. If you pick a QB, you're getting a better player than if you wait a round and have to pick a tier 3 guy. Conversely, you can probably wait on the RB and get another guy of the same tier (meaning about the same value) with your next pick.

In most cases I try to get one of the final guys in the tier, not one of the first guys. This does NOT apply to tier 1 of course.

I usually go into a draft knowing who I want and when (for at least the first 5-7 rounds) and then only have to adjust when those player's aren't available so for me this situation always happens later in the drafts. I always wait on QBS sometimes I only even bother drafting 1. This strategy has yet to burn me, BTW. I consider my #3 RB as important as any starter.

So... the only time I'm in the spot you are describing is when I'm filling out the end of my roster. For me it's always the best WR on the board unless there's a RB I can't pass on for a 4th RB.

Hope that helps.