[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who would you keep?

Klinger

Who would you keep?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you keep: Julius Jones or Antonio Gates

• Julius Jones
    • Antonio Gates

I am in a 12-team keeper league. I am drafting 12th and I am keeping LJ and Peyton as my first two keepers. I am trying to decide on who should be my 3rd keeper which would be the 36th overall pick (last pick of 3rd round). Something also to consider is that in this league, you cannot select bench players until starters are filled and there are only 2 starting RB positions so no one can hoarde up on RB until late rounds.

Scoring is:

Rushing Yards (10 yards per point; 2 points at 150 yards)

Rushing Touchdowns (6)

Receptions (1)

Reception Yards (20 yards per point; 2 points at 150 yards)

Reception Touchdowns (6)

So here is the question: Do I keep Antonio Gates or Julius Jones?

I could say pick Gates because he is the obvious #1 TE and I won't have to worry about TE's all year. My concern would be picking up a 2nd RB in round 4 though. I predict that my best available RBs will be in the category of K. Jones and W. Parker at best and Dillon, Lewis, Dunn, and Foster at worse. I could probably get someone like Foster or Benson as a backup, but I could potentially have a question mark at RB2 all year.

I could say Jones because he could do very well this year and RB is always a premium. Though Larry Allen is gone and Barber is still around, he now is healthy and has TO to spread the defenses.

Let me know what you think please.

gates hands down. take the #1 TE to go with your #1 QB and #1 RB. if KJ, FWP, etc. are there for your RB2 pick, you are set. i like both these guys over jones.

Agreed. If you can keep the #1 player at three different positions you do it. No question. :D

Having the #1 player at any position is huge, especially when you have that guy as a keeper. You definitely don't wanna put him back in the player pool and give somebody the opportunity to franchise him.

I have no doubt that you can find another RB to get you similar #'s to Jones, preferably one that isnt in a position battle with Marion Barber.

I actually won the league last year and was stacked. I already traded Rudi Johnson and Boldin for a 4th round pick. I ended the season with Peyton, Boldin, DJackson, Driver, Andre Johnson, LJ, JJ, Rudi, and Gates. I guess that sorta helps to make a winning team.

Alrighty, it looks like Gates is the winner. Now to see if I can unload Jones.