[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft Pick Trade

I have the number one pick in a 12 team performance yearly redraft league. It is a normal serpentine type draft where my next two picks will be 24 and 25.

The league plays 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF each week. Each roster has 18 players with no IR. Rushing and receiving is 1 pt per 10 yds, passing is 1 pt per 25 yds. We also get points per TD based on number of yds with 6 being the minimum and 10 being maximum.

I love the idea of S. Alexander or LJ being on my roster, but then my second RB could be weak and I would probably draft a WR with pick 25.

The team with pick number 12 offered me his 1 (12) and 2 (13) for my 1 (1) and 4 (48). I performed the pick value calculator in Footballguys.com and it told me the trade was a good value for me.

Any thoughts on this. I could end up with a combination of of two between R. Johnson, McGahee, Jordan, Westbrook and still get a late WR 1 with pick 24 or 25.

Thanks for your responses.

Trade 1.01 and 4.01 to get 1.12 and 2.01

I probably make that trade. I would also like the idea of having SA or LJ or LT on my squad at the 1.01 pick. But IMO the value of picking up an extra 2nd round pick by dropping down 11 spots and giving up your 4th is worth it. Not only that but you get the back-to-back picks at 12/13.

I would play hardball with him. I would say if he wants the most elite stud in football, then he gets my 5th round pick back in return!

Wow.. a whoppping one spot move, now that is some serious hardball there.

I think I would do the deal.

But, I wouldnt be considering Manning at the 13.

I'd probably plan on going RB/RB only because you only have to start 2 WRs, and you will still have great WR value at the 24/25 picks and possibly Gates on the board there to as well to consider, so you come out of the deal getting two of top 13 RBs, assuming everyone goes RB in round one which is not neccessarily a given, then you land some top 10 WRs or a top 10 W and the top TE. To me that is a lot more appealing than a top RB, a late 2nd round RB and a top 10 WR or Gates then a late 4th round WR for your top 4 picks.