[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade CJ for the #1 pick and take Bush?

I'm in a 14 team keeper league and we start 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1K, 1D. WR's score 1pt for 3 recpt, 1pt for 10yds rec., 6pt for rush/rec. td's and a bonus 1pt at 100/150/200yds rec. RB's score 1pt for 3 recpt, 1pt for 10yds rush, 1pt for 20yds rec., 6pt for rush/rec. td's and a bonus 1pt at 100/150/200yds rush.

Right now I have Rudi/CJ/Fitz/Shockey protected. The owner with the #1 pick would trade that pick for CJ and I would then take Reggie Bush. I would also have the 1.08 pick and could get a WR like Chambers/Driver/Kennison with that pick. What would you do and why? Give me a link to your post and I'll answer yours. Thanks in advance.

No way I make that trade. CJ could very well end up the top WR this year. He has that much potential. With your starting requirements of 3 WR's that gives you a big point advantage with 2 of the Top 10 WR's (possibly Top 5) on the board with CJ and Fitz. Bush will be on the field often and line up as a WR and RB but still won't give you the points advantage of your stud wideouts.

May I ask why you would take Bush with that pick. What other RB's are available?

Despite Bush's talent, he is still unproven. CJ produces year in and year out. Even if Bush becomes great, you could trade CJ at a later time for Bush. Id hold on to CJ.

Seems like a lot of guys in keeper leagues overvalue rookies. Your #1 priority should always be to win the championship THIS YEAR. You want guys who are proven and have their starting job locked up. Of course you should always look for ways to build your team for next year also, but you don't win the $$$ for having a team that looks like it will kick ass next year. I don't think Bush is a lock to have a better career than Addai, D. Williams or White. In fact I would prefer to have any of those guys this year over Bush, especially Addai and Williams.

I always play in re-draft leagues, so I'll confess to not being adept at keeper strategy.

But this seems like a very bad move to me. Yes, Bush will help down the line, but what about this year? (As another poster said). Rudi has been uber-solid for 3 years, and you arguably have 2 of the top 5 WRs. Why mess with that? Further, all of those players are still young, anyway. You'd be betting the farm that Bush is the next Barry Sanders. Maybe he is... but why throw away your team to figure that out?

Although maybe you're a gambler at heart...

Good luck!

I always play in re-draft leagues, so I'll confess to not being adept at keeper strategy.

But this seems like a very bad move to me. Yes, Bush will help down the line, but what about this year? (As another poster said). Rudi has been uber-solid for 3 years, and you arguably have 2 of the top 5 WRs. Why mess with that? Further, all of those players are still young, anyway. You'd be betting the farm that Bush is the next Barry Sanders. Maybe he is... but why throw away your team to figure that out?

Although maybe you're a gambler at heart...

Good luck!

ditto :D:D:D:D

Wow....I can't believe what I'm reading. You're in a keeper league!!! You already have a solid no. 1 WR and a good core team. And you have a chance to take potentially the next M. Faulk/B. Sanders? You ABSOLUTELY make that trade and take R. Bush. He'll get you as many REC points as rushing. He won't have to rush the ball 25 times a game to be valuable. And it'll only get better. He's a LOCK for a keeper next year and years to come. Don't get me wrong I'm as big of a fan of CJ as the next guy. He's top 3-5 fantasy WR, but I'd give that up for a franchise back anyday (in a keeper league).

I say you go after BUSH!!!!