[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade - Deal or No Deal? I need your help

SpinalTapp

12 team league. standard performance scoring. 1 qb, 2 rb, 2wr, 1rb/wr flex, 1 te, 1 dst.

My current keepers

K.Jones

J.Galloway

D.Branch

J.Witten

Other possible keepers on my roster - Mi and Ma Clayton, E.Moulds, C.Houston, Indy DST, J.Porter

Here is the trade offer

I give J.Galloway and D.Branch

I get Julius Jones

I would then keep

K.Jones

J.Jones

J.Witten

Micheal Clayton

Two questions - what is your confidence level in Julius Jones putting up good numbers this year (health/competition) and would you make this deal?

Thanks

12 team league. standard performance scoring. 1 qb, 2 rb, 2wr, 1rb/wr flex, 1 te, 1 dst.

My current keepers

K.Jones

J.Galloway

D.Branch

J.Witten

Other possible keepers on my roster - Mi and Ma Clayton, E.Moulds, C.Houston, Indy DST, J.Porter

Here is the trade offer

I give J.Galloway and D.Branch

I get Julius Jones

I would then keep

K.Jones

J.Jones

J.Witten

Micheal Clayton

Two questions - what is your confidence level in Julius Jones putting up good numbers this year (health/competition) and would you make this deal?

Thanks

Depends a lot on your draft position, who the other guys are keeping, and who you expect will be available. If you can get a top 20 WR with your first pick, I'd do it. If not, you're already thin at WR and this makes you even more so. Although I doubt Galloway will repeat last year's performance and I think Clayton is going to be much improved. Branch I don't think is a huge loss. He's too inconsistent regardless of his talent because Brady spreads it around. Another consideration here is whether you can get Marion Barber. Julius has been injured his first two seasons and Parcells did not hesitate to use both backs last year. I'm borderline on this deal but would lean yes with the above caveats.

If you don't take the deal, what do you think the banker will offer next?

j/k, I think I do the deal, unless you think you would be able to get a comparable RB in the draft. Starting 2 RB/2WR plus one flex means RBs will have a lot of importance, and it will be easier to fill in WRs than RBs most likely.

I have the seventh overall pick in the draft. I would not be comfortable going into the season with KJ and JJ as my #1 and #2 Fantasy backs. With that said, I would want to draft an RB in round one. The following RBs will most likely still be on the board at 1.7 - Caddy, Rudi, or R.Brown. I believe either M.Harrison or H.Ward will still be on the board when I pick in the second round.

If I went RB, WR...my team would start with

QB - TBD

RB - Rudi/Brown or Caddy

RB - K.Jones

RB flex J.Jones

WR Harrison.Ward

WR - TBD or M.Clayton

TE Witten

I would do this deal if I had a lot more confidence in J.Jones. Thoughts on his prospects for this season?

toronator -

I did not mention that our league only allows owners to keep players that were draft in the fourth round or later. So all the usual suspects at RB and WR are in the redraft with the exception of LJ (one lucky owner picked him up two years ago and held), WMcGahee, and S.Jackson at RB and Boldin/Fitzpatrick at WR.

My keeper roster, compared to some, is actually ok. Next year, all original keepers are dumped back into the pool so I am literally playing for this season only.

toronator -

I did not mention that our league only allows owners to keep players that were draft in the fourth round or later.

that is good to hear!

i'd rather have julius vs. the other two receivers. you can always draft more receivers in the same group as these guys. if jones keeps the job, you will be able to get much more if you deal him later. i'd take the bet on julius and see what happens.

I have the seventh overall pick in the draft. I would not be comfortable going into the season with KJ and JJ as my #1 and #2 Fantasy backs. With that said, I would want to draft an RB in round one. The following RBs will most likely still be on the board at 1.7 - Caddy, Rudi, or R.Brown. I believe either M.Harrison or H.Ward will still be on the board when I pick in the second round.

If I went RB, WR...my team would start with

QB - TBD

RB - Rudi/Brown or Caddy

RB - K.Jones

RB flex J.Jones

WR Harrison.Ward

WR - TBD or M.Clayton

TE Witten

I would do this deal if I had a lot more confidence in J.Jones. Thoughts on his prospects for this season?

I still do the deal, Julius is a great back when healthy and the Dallas offense will be big this year.

My thoughts on Julius' prospects for the season hinge on his health. If he stays healthy, he's a no brainer. It's impossible to predict a player's injuries though. If you make the deal, landing Barber should be one of your top priorities in the draft.

Edited by matt770

This would imply his league does waivers that way, which most do not.

Most do not?? Most of my leauges start with reverse draft order and bump you to the end with every waiver pick. Thus the owners who are patient move to the top.

I would make the trade. This gives you two running backs listed in the top 15. That's better then the 1 rb and 3 recievers you would start off with. Yoy can still make a 3rd rb as your first pick. Unless you have a shot at one of the top 3 recievers, rb's are going to keep you playing all season.

If I can make the trade happen....the other owner is about 70:30 yes to the deal....I would have the ability to draft any one of the following players (most likely):

Caddy

Rudi

S.Smith

T.Holt

R.Moss

TO

Chad

MHarrison

H.Ward

P.Manning

Who would you grab first? As much as I would like to take a #1WR, I still feel like I would be better served going for Caddy or Rudi and then grabbing either M.Harrison or H.Ward as my #1WR in the second round. Unfortunately, once we get to the third round, there aint much talent around.

I still feel like I would be better served going for Caddy or Rudi and then grabbing either M.Harrison or H.Ward as my #1WR in the second round. Unfortunately, once we get to the third round, there aint much talent around.

i like your thinking here. i'm not thrilled with ward as a #1 however.

I hear ya tonorator and agree Ward is not a great #1, especially when backed by mediocre #2s and threes. I really believe M.Harrison will be available to me in the second round, however, I have to be prepared to settle for Ward if I execute the RB/WR strategy.