[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is this the year to trade away LT?

I am in a 3 man keeper league(look at sig line). Two years ago I traded away R Moss and ended up with C Johnson. Last year I got rid of Culpepper for Palmer. I usually do my trades more towards the middle of season but I was thinking this year maybe draft day.

The player that I think is the next big thing is Cadillac and the team he is on holds the 8th pick. With that pick I can pick up a RB like Droughns, K or J Jones and maybe McGahee. There are other better RB's available but my mock shows that 2 of these should be available when I pick, with the team with the 6th pick taking unprotected Holt to match up with his QB. If I don't do this trade I will probably have choose from a receiver in the D Jackson range with my first pick.

I have been very lucky when I made my trades in the past but am I thinking of LT's start of his decline too early or should I ride out a couple more years? :D

I would continue to ride it out, Carnell is very promising but he had a few weeks on the sidelines last year with problems in his feet and hes a RB so its not the best place to take an injury, i would wait to see how carnell williams performs this year although he started off really hot last year he faded quick at the end and tomlinson has been a steady performer throughout his career and has shown he can shoulder a full load.

I am in a 3 man keeper league(look at sig line). Two years ago I traded away R Moss and ended up with C Johnson. Last year I got rid of Culpepper for Palmer. I usually do my trades more towards the middle of season but I was thinking this year maybe draft day.

The player that I think is the next big thing is Cadillac and the team he is on holds the 8th pick. With that pick I can pick up a RB like Droughns, K or J Jones and maybe McGahee. There are other better RB's available but my mock shows that 2 of these should be available when I pick, with the team with the 6th pick taking unprotected Holt to match up with his QB. If I don't do this trade I will probably have choose from a receiver in the D Jackson range with my first pick.

I have been very lucky when I made my trades in the past but am I thinking of LT's start of his decline too early or should I ride out a couple more years? :D

U could ride him this yr. But I dont see him staying in the Top 3 outside of the next 2-3 yrs. U can see it down the stretch what is happing.

LT is 26, almost 27. He's in the best shape of his life. He added 10 pounds of muscle in the off-season. He will continue to do well this year and into the near future. I'd ask this question again in 2 or 3 years, but I would advise you to hang on to him for now.

IMO, LT is more than just a fantasy stud over the last few seasons.

In that time, he hasn't played on a team with a dominant line. With the exception of Brees in '04, he hasn't played with a stud QB. SD has not had any star WRs since LTs been there.

He's been as good as he has been because he has an awesome set of skills - vision, balance, instinct, power and speed that make him really special. I enjoy watching him carry the ball more than anyone else since Barry.

LT is remarkably durable. Rivers may be all he's cracked up to be, but the Chargers will lean on LT pretty heavily this year and I think he'll pick up an extra 30 receptions as a safety valve this year.

So to recap - no, I wouldn't trade LT. :D

IMO the next big thing is Steven Jackson. Look for this guy to make the top 3 RB's after the season is over and into next years draft. :D