[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Help

tyleruw0202

I am in a 12-man league that starts 2 RBs and 2 WRs and was recently offered....

Domanick Davis and Hines Ward for Clinton Portis and TJ Duckett

My current RB and WR situation is as follows:

RB- Clinton Portis, Chester Taylor, Cedric Benson, Mike Bell, and TJ Duckett

WR- Marvin Harrison, Rod Smith, and Nate Burleson

The trade would leave me with:

RB- Domanick Davis, Chester Taylor, Cedric Benson, and Mike Bell

WR- Marvin Harrison, Hines Ward, Rod Smith, and Nate Burleson

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. I know with this trade I take a hit at RB, especially with the fact that Davis is not usually that durable. The question I need help answering is do I already have enough at WR to pass up on the chance to acquire Hines Ward? Is Rod Smith and Nate Burleson good enough as a #2 WR? The guy also has Anquan Boldin and LaMont Jordan. Would a Jordan and Ward/Boldin for Portis and Rod Smith be a more even trade that would help both teams out?

Thanks for any and all feedback.

Not a good trade for you. If you are going to trade Portis (though you shouldn't) you should at least be getting two solid RBs (which you aren't) or a solid RB and a top 3-5 WR. Ward doesn't qualify. CJ, Holt, Smith, Moss, and Fitz or TO may qualify. Even then, I'd want an RB with a better prospect than the currently injured Dom Davis. Like Brown or Caddy.

Edited by DO Jaded