[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Portis hurts shoulder

Muggsy

Redskins' Portis leaves with shoulder injury

NFL.com wire reports

CINCINNATI (Aug. 13, 2006) -- Running back Clinton Portis partially dislocated his left shoulder during Washington's opening series of the preseason, a significant setback for the Redskins' revamped offense.

An MRI test detected the injury, which involves the bone popping out of place temporarily in the shoulder socket. Standard treatment involves rest and strengthening exercises.

There was no immediate indication how long he will be sidelined.

This is the sort of injury that can nag all season. Does this affect his value in seasonal re-draft lagues?

Edited by Muggsy

Redskins' Portis leaves with shoulder injury

NFL.com wire reports

CINCINNATI (Aug. 13, 2006) -- Running back Clinton Portis partially dislocated his left shoulder during Washington's opening series of the preseason, a significant setback for the Redskins' revamped offense.

An MRI test detected the injury, which involves the bone popping out of place temporarily in the shoulder socket. Standard treatment involves rest and strengthening exercises.

There was no immediate indication how long he will be sidelined.

This is the sort of injury that can nag all season. Does this affect his value in seasonal re-draft lagues?

it does for me. all injuries matter. i would drop him a few notches. if he drops too far, then he could become a nice bargain. still very early on this injury and we will all have to watch the reports to understand the full extent of the impact.

He played with an injured shoulder for a large part of the season last year. If you remember, he missed a lot of the Seahawk game in the playoffs because of it.

I am not sure it is the same shoulder, but it will impact his time on the field if it is sore all season. Question is...how far should he drop in the rankings. I would drop him from #4-6 to somewhere #9-12.