[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tap the Keg

keggerz

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the input, here is one that I am thinking about offering that the other owner might bite on

I give

W. McGahee

M. Bell

T. Bell

L. Coles

I get

R. Brown

JJ Arrington

G. Jones

L. Fitzgerald

His other RBs are F. Taylor, D. Foster, W. Green, M. Moore

If I were him I would be very worried about RB depth. He really only has 1 RB that can be considered "stable". I know I am asking a lot, and might have to switch L. Coles w/ D. Driver.....

considering you said this was a 1st yr dynasty I would offer up driver anyway...you will be able to start SSmith/Fitz for the next god knows how long, Driver will take a major step back next yr if favre retires...so offer coles first and if it works then fine but if not dont worry about it since Clayton should be a nice fill in

Interesting... Rudi is generally not known as a pass catching back. :D

Rudi still managed to finish as the #8 RB in GMX last yr a PPR league

so I see that as his downside and think he has the upside to be #5

some will call me crazy but I think its a legit possability and a much safer bet then

what and how edge will do on a new team with a new scheme

considering you said this was a 1st yr dynasty I would offer up driver anyway...you will be able to start SSmith/Fitz for the next god knows how long, Driver will take a major step back next yr if favre retires...so offer coles first and if it works then fine but if not dont worry about it since Clayton should be a nice fill in

Do you think this would leave me with little depth at RB? I did acquire an extra 1st and 2nd round pick in next years rookie draft, so I could improve if I suffer an injury or two.

I have been offered Chester Taylor for WR Roy Williams.

I am in a 12 team league.

My rb's are Edge,Thomas Jones,DeAngelo Williams

My WR's are S.Smith,R.Wayne,Roy Williams,D.Mason and M.Jones

Should I do this deal ? or try for a more established RB. Need advice quickly.

i like chester a ton so i am a bit biased

but even if i remove my rose colored glasses you have the WR depth to make that deal

and considering Roy has a propensity to miss some games due to injury I think its a good risk to take to secure chester

Do you think this would leave me with little depth at RB? I did acquire an extra 1st and 2nd round pick in next years rookie draft, so I could improve if I suffer an injury or two.

i look at the bells as one RB

you still have Parker and Gore(even if I am not fans of those 2 they are still solid depth)

Rudi still managed to finish as the #8 RB in GMX last yr a PPR league

so I see that as his downside and think he has the upside to be #5

some will call me crazy but I think its a legit possability and a much safer bet then

what and how edge will do on a new team with a new scheme

And I assume it's Westbrook's injury concenrs that keeps you from liking him here in a PPR league?

My RBs are portis, Dillon, FTaylor, and DFoster. I have been offered Maroney for Foster. What do you think?

(I would have bye week problems in week 6 with only one RB with roster requirements)

i would do it in a hearbeat and then worry about week 6

what are the chances dillon makes it all yr healthy?

if he does then fine cause you own him and if he doesnt then fine cause you will

own maroney...have you looked at the schedule NE faces at the end of the yr?

I think you will like what you see.

How long til foster is dinged or injured?

do the deal and dont look back but you could try and wiggle a bit more out of it since Foster is technically a starter....and you should sell it like that too!

Hi Keg,

This is my roster in my IDP dynasty league. You are familiar with the format, as it was modeled pretty much directly after Fusion.

I am almost ready to make Roster moves to get the team ready for the season. This is what I am considering:

Cutting:

Marcel Shipp RB Az (creates a dead contract year)

Aaron Elling PK BAL

Albert Haynesworth DT Tenn (creates a dead contract year)

Phillip Buchanon Hou CB (creates a dead contract year)

Andre Woolfolk Tenn CB (creates a dead contract year)

This brings me down to 34 players.

I am also looking to cut Will Poole from the DTS. He's not on an NFL roster.

So, then I can promote one player from the DTS. The leading candidates are DeMeco Ryans, Mike Bell, Vernand Morency, and Mark Bradley. Ryans is the one most likely to get nice numbers, but I am not sure I need him, or want to carry that many LBs. I thought I might give a year to Seau and see how he does, but look at the year playing Brooking and Peterson, and then seeing which of Bell, Spragan, and Webster might jump forward. I can always promote Ryans later if I need to.

I think I might want to just keep the spot open for a few weeks to see how things play out in Houston and Denver.

Mike McMahon and Junior Seau are closest to the chopping block if I end up needing to cut more players.

Any thoughts would be appreciated :D

Posted this question before but would like another opinion:

I left for vacation just after Portis got hurt and have literally had no internet access during the past 2 weeks. I have my big local draft tomorrow night (had only just decided that Portis was the pick a couple of weeks before his injury and now am undecided on the path to take) and wondered how much has changed in the rankings and in Huddlers' thoughts on this spot. I took a look at the cheat sheet on the Huddle home page and Tiki appears to be the accepted #4 overall pick now. I think S-Jax (great schedule) and Brown (the man in Miami now) deserve consideration as well.

Sorry if I missed posts on this topic but who would you take at 4?

Tiki - tough schedule and getting older but has been superb 2 years running

S-Jax - great talent and nice schedule but does seem to get hurt

R. Brown - unproven somewhat but a great situation now with Ricky gone

I like Rudi J. and Cadillac but 4 seems too high for either.

Any thoughts appreciated, thanks

Hi Keg,

This is my roster in my IDP dynasty league. You are familiar with the format, as it was modeled pretty much directly after Fusion.

I am almost ready to make Roster moves to get the team ready for the season. This is what I am considering:

Cutting:

Marcel Shipp RB Az (creates a dead contract year)

Aaron Elling PK BAL

Albert Haynesworth DT Tenn (creates a dead contract year)

Phillip Buchanon Hou CB (creates a dead contract year)

Andre Woolfolk Tenn CB (creates a dead contract year)

This brings me down to 34 players.

I am also looking to cut Will Poole from the DTS. He's not on an NFL roster.

So, then I can promote one player from the DTS. The leading candidates are DeMeco Ryans, Mike Bell, Vernand Morency, and Mark Bradley. Ryans is the one most likely to get nice numbers, but I am not sure I need him, or want to carry that many LBs. I thought I might give a year to Seau and see how he does, but look at the year playing Brooking and Peterson, and then seeing which of Bell, Spragan, and Webster might jump forward. I can always promote Ryans later if I need to.

I think I might want to just keep the spot open for a few weeks to see how things play out in Houston and Denver.

Mike McMahon and Junior Seau are closest to the chopping block if I end up needing to cut more players.

Any thoughts would be appreciated :D

ok ernesto is really Fn with the power here...so short and sweet and if you need to find me on AIM later I know you have my info

I think you need to assign Ryans a good size contract and activate him...he is gonna be your LB2 no questions asked and actually he could approach brooking as LB1 for you

also with what you have at RB and WR I think you need to find a way to give Mike Bell a contract too

McMahon is very cutable(word?)

if you are hoping to get something out of spragan well just dont

seau may be productive but i wouldnt bank on it but anything is possible in NE and you know that team better then I, but if tedy cant go i would think its vrable that is the valueable one

oop lights flickered take this for now

Posted this question before but would like another opinion:

I left for vacation just after Portis got hurt and have literally had no internet access during the past 2 weeks. I have my big local draft tomorrow night (had only just decided that Portis was the pick a couple of weeks before his injury and now am undecided on the path to take) and wondered how much has changed in the rankings and in Huddlers' thoughts on this spot. I took a look at the cheat sheet on the Huddle home page and Tiki appears to be the accepted #4 overall pick now. I think S-Jax (great schedule) and Brown (the man in Miami now) deserve consideration as well.

Sorry if I missed posts on this topic but who would you take at 4?

Tiki - tough schedule and getting older but has been superb 2 years running

S-Jax - great talent and nice schedule but does seem to get hurt

R. Brown - unproven somewhat but a great situation now with Ricky gone

I like Rudi J. and Cadillac but 4 seems too high for either.

Any thoughts appreciated, thanks

I think that if you pass on Portis then RUDI is the safest pick(least upside but far less risk)

Rudi was #8 last yr in a PPR league I was in and knowing he doesnt catch the ball much at all that speaks volumes to what he does....I agree tiki has a tuff schedule and I think last yr was a career yr for him and his age also concerns me....I LOVE Ronnie Brown and he has HUGH upside but there is some risk considering he hasnt carried a full load yet....Caddy and his penchant to get dinged make me not consider him and I like SJax but not over Rudi Portis or Brown....if you want to role the dice on serious upside you still take portis and hope that his injury doesnt limit him...if you want a safe pick with top 5 ability and low side of top 10 then RUDI is the pick...you want to roll the dice on a younger upside guy then its Ronnie Brown

Thanks for the advice in Hugh's column, and in the IDP forum. I am really posting to say I like your name and will be tapping the keg quite a bit this season.

considering you are from brew town i understand why you like the name and glad i could help

ok ernesto is really Fn with the power here...so short and sweet and if you need to find me on AIM later I know you have my info

I think you need to assign Ryans a good size contract and activate him...he is gonna be your LB2 no questions asked and actually he could approach brooking as LB1 for you

also with what you have at RB and WR I think you need to find a way to give Mike Bell a contract too

McMahon is very cutable(word?)

if you are hoping to get something out of spragan well just dont

seau may be productive but i wouldnt bank on it but anything is possible in NE and you know that team better then I, but if tedy cant go i would think its vrable that is the valueable one

oop lights flickered take this for now

I considered doing this, and was thinking that it might be worth my while to wait a few weeks and see what develops with other players. It's still on the table, of course, which is why I haven't made the roster moves yet.

I considered doing this, and was thinking that it might be worth my while to wait a few weeks and see what develops with other players. It's still on the table, of course, which is why I haven't made the roster moves yet.

i just had a nice post typed up for you and poof power went out for a second

I would cut:

McMahon

Elling

Carter

Spragan

Webster

Woolfolk

i just had a nice post typed up for you and poof power went out for a second

I would cut:

McMahon

Elling

Carter

Spragan

Webster

Woolfolk

Why not Haynesworth and Buchannon?

And I would think at DE, Carter has the potential to one of my more valuable players at that position.

Why not Haynesworth and Buchannon?

And I would think at DE, Carter has the potential to one of my more valuable players at that position.

simply put save the dead years....carter is well past his prime and you could pick up a bunch of guys via waivers that will produce just like carter will if not even better

and yeah i would cut buchanon but only if the dead year wont be a hinderance otherwise just park him and cut him after this yr