[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tap the Keg

keggerz

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted this but want your take on it too.

My WRs are Harrison, Boldin, Moulds, Lloyd, Samie Parker and my RBs are Gore, Mike Bell, T Jones, and LenDale White.

I'm trying to work a 3 way trade that works as follows:

I would trade Boldin, Jones, and Steelers D to Team A and I would receive LT, choice of Giants D or Cowboys D, and one of these WRs - Henry, Mike Clayton, Mark Clayton, or Braylon Edwards.

I'll leave team B out of it, but he will get an upgrade at WR and Chris Brown and send Benson to Team A.

Before the trade my starters would be

RB - 2 of these: Gore, Mike Bell, or Thomas Jones

WR - Harrison, Boldin, Moulds

DEF - Steelers

after the trade it would be

RB - LT, and choice of Gore/Mike Bell

WR - Harrison, Moulds, Lloyd or Edwards/Clayton(s)

DEF - Giants or Cowboys

My keepers were Harrison and Boldin and drafting 11th I drafted best available RBs which were Gore and Bell. Mike's a high risk pick since he may/may not start. If I do the trade I get a stud in LT but at the expense of my WR depth. If Jones would stay the starter and Bell or Gore pans out I would be ok not doing this trade, but it's tough to resist getting LT. Thoughts???

And the LT owner is a Bears homer, and he's jonesing to get some Bears on his team.

Starting requirements and scoring is in my sig

I posted this but want your take on it too.

My WRs are Harrison, Boldin, Moulds, Lloyd, Samie Parker and my RBs are Gore, Mike Bell, T Jones, and LenDale White.

I'm trying to work a 3 way trade that works as follows:

I would trade Boldin, Jones, and Steelers D to Team A and I would receive LT, choice of Giants D or Cowboys D, and one of these WRs - Henry, Mike Clayton, Mark Clayton, or Braylon Edwards.

I'll leave team B out of it, but he will get an upgrade at WR and Chris Brown and send Benson to Team A.

Before the trade my starters would be

RB - 2 of these: Gore, Mike Bell, or Thomas Jones

WR - Harrison, Boldin, Moulds

DEF - Steelers

after the trade it would be

RB - LT, and choice of Gore/Mike Bell

WR - Harrison, Moulds, Lloyd or Edwards/Clayton(s)

DEF - Giants or Cowboys

My keepers were Harrison and Boldin and drafting 11th I drafted best available RBs which were Gore and Bell. Mike's a high risk pick since he may/may not start. If I do the trade I get a stud in LT but at the expense of my WR depth. If Jones would stay the starter and Bell or Gore pans out I would be ok not doing this trade, but it's tough to resist getting LT. Thoughts???

And the LT owner is a Bears homer, and he's jonesing to get some Bears on his team.

Starting requirements and scoring is in my sig

the answer i gave about this question in hugh one's thread

again I am not hugh one but my take is this

I would probably do the deal that netted me LT and Mike Clayton, while i really like Mark Clayton I think that its heap and mason that are gonna be the big dogs in the passing game in balt and as far as edwards goes, I know he has looked good but I dont like the knee injury he is coming back from and I think you wont really see him hit his stride until much later in the year

oh and i like the Giants D better then the cowboys

will lindale white start and if he does how good will he be?

i do not think that LenDale starts this yr but he will play...however with that said I

expect the titans to suck this yr so you shouldnt expect much from the running game

they play

@ Mia

Indy twice

@Wash

Jax twice

Balt

@Philly

NYG

right there are 9 tuff teams to run on

Drop 1 (or maybe 2):

Landon Johnson, Gerald Hayes, Piso Tinoisamoa, Lavar Arrington.

Lavar without a shred of doubt

if you had to pick a second one to drop it gets much more difficult but I would probably say Landon Johnson simply because when Odell comes back simmons most likely moves back to the weak side and Landon is a backup again, but i would try to not cut any of the remaining 3 if i could help it

Tight 5 man bench; 9 required starters, which include 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR flex, 1 K, 1 DEF. Chris Brown is my #4 RB (behind LT2, Kevin Jones, and Mike Bell). My 5 bench spots currently looks like this:

1. Chris Brown

2. QB2 (Ben)

3. WR 3 (I. Bruce)

4. WR 4 (E. Wilford)

5. M. Turner (LT2 handcuff).

Lendale White is currently available. Is anyone above worth dropping to add White, in order to better corner the unstable Titan's backfield? If not, what do you think about adding Cedrick Cobbs instead, to better corner the Denver backfield?

Please keep in mind that am currently carrying no back up TE, K, or DEF.

And no, I've never been to a Turkish prison, nor do I like gladiator movies.

Edited by yo mama

Which WR

Lee Evans Vs NE

Or

Jurevicius Vs NO

Scoring:

1 pt every 10 yards rushing/receiving

6 pts per td.

well both have dicey QB situations but I think the NO defense is in shambles(outside of the DL) and I actually look for JoeJ to have a very nice year this yr...evans has the upside but I wouldnt want to rely on evans with Losman at QB vs a BillB coached team in week 1

Tight 5 man bench; 9 required starters, which include 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR flex, 1 K, 1 DEF. Chris Brown is my #4 RB (behind LT2, Kevin Jones, and Mike Bell). My 5 bench spots currently looks like this:

1. Chris Brown

2. QB2 (Ben)

3. WR 3 (I. Bruce)

4. WR 4 (E. Wilford)

5. M. Turner (LT2 handcuff).

Lendale White is currently available. Is anyone above worth dropping to add White, in order to better corner the unstable Titan's backfield? If not, what do you think about adding Cedrick Cobbs instead, to better corner the Denver backfield?

Please keep in mind that am currently carrying no back up TE, K, or DEF.

And no, I've never been to a Turkish prison, nor do I like gladiator movies.

I really have a hard time believing that the titans are gonna be able to do much at all on offense...at some point they are gonna have to go to Vince Young, arent they? when that happens you sorta have to seriously downgrade the entire offense...with all that I would not drop anyone for White or Cobbs

On Cobbs, he tore it up in the PRE-SEASON vs what 6th stringers :D with such limited roster space I would be hard pressed to tie up another spot on the Denver Running game, also fwiw on cobbs the main reason he was evidently let go in NE is that he was to "stupid" to pick up the playbook...maybe he took hooked on phonics for playbooks and he figured it out but I wouldnt expect much if anything at all from cobbs this yr...its Bells gig til he is injured or fumbles it away IMO

I really have a hard time believing that the titans are gonna be able to do much at all on offense...at some point they are gonna have to go to Vince Young, arent they? when that happens you sorta have to seriously downgrade the entire offense...with all that I would not drop anyone for White or Cobbs

On Cobbs, he tore it up in the PRE-SEASON vs what 6th stringers :D with such limited roster space I would be hard pressed to tie up another spot on the Denver Running game, also fwiw on cobbs the main reason he was evidently let go in NE is that he was to "stupid" to pick up the playbook...maybe he took hooked on phonics for playbooks and he figured it out but I wouldnt expect much if anything at all from cobbs this yr...its Bells gig til he is injured or fumbles it away IMO

Thanks, that's what I figured. But the voices in my head aren't always 100% dependable. :D

Why do people hate Edge so much on this board? Is he really set to fail in your opinion? :D

well i can't speak for everyone but I can tell you why i am a bit down on edge...

1. if its a keeper or dynasty league he has age/carries going against him

2. he is in arizona and they had a god awful OLine last yr.

3. he is in arizona and they had a god awful OLine last yr.

4. he is in arizona and they had a god awful OLine last yr.

5. :lol:

6. he is in arizona

7. IF warner goes down they have to go to Lineart and teams will make Matt have to beat them(which he probably will) but that will eat into edges numbers too

8. Fitz/Boldin there is only so much offense to go around

9. he is in arizona

10. did i mention he is in arizona?

oh and i forgot to mention that the Defense in zona doesnt make me see a bunch of low scoring games for the cards...i see some shootouts and that means less 4th quarter carries for edge

but some good things for edge is that he will get the lions share of the carries and the 3rd down work too, he could have a great yr but I think there are some slightly safer picks that I would make over edge(i think) :D

Edited by keggerz

well i can't speak for everyone but I can tell you why i am a bit down on edge...

1. if its a keeper or dynasty league he has age/carries going against him

2. he is in arizona and they had a god awful OLine last yr.

3. he is in arizona and they had a god awful OLine last yr.

4. he is in arizona and they had a god awful OLine last yr.

5. :D

6. he is in arizona

7. IF warner goes down they have to go to Lineart and teams will make Matt have to beat them(which he probably will) but that will eat into edges numbers too

8. Fitz/Boldin there is only so much offense to go around

9. he is in arizona

10. did i mention he is in arizona?

but some good things for edge is that he will get the lions share of the carries and the 3rd down work too, he could have a great yr but I think there are some slightly safer picks that I would make over edge(i think) :D

so assuming the big three, tiki, Sjax, Brown go before edge who would be your next 2 picks at RB?

First year dynasty league, standard scoring

We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DEF

QBs

P. Manning

C. Pennington

C. Frye

K. Clemens

RBs

W. McGahee

W. Parker

F. Gore

T. Bell

M. Bell

M. Anderson

S. Williams

WRs

S. Smith

D. Driver

Mi. Clayton

L. Coles

A. Bryant

S. Parker

E. Parker

TE

C. Cooley

R. McMichael

T. Scheffler

Im thinking either an upgrade at RB or WR. Not really sure what I can improve on, except getting a better RB # 1. Thanks for any advice.

so assuming the big three, tiki, Sjax, Brown go before edge who would be your next 2 picks at RB?

RUDI(I think he could approach 15+ TDs this yr) hands down then i have to think about it but I probably go Portis(even with the injury concern)

Edited by keggerz

First year dynasty league, standard scoring

We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DEF

QBs

P. Manning

C. Pennington

C. Frye

K. Clemens

RBs

W. McGahee

W. Parker

F. Gore

T. Bell

M. Bell

M. Anderson

S. Williams

WRs

S. Smith

D. Driver

Mi. Clayton

L. Coles

A. Bryant

S. Parker

E. Parker

TE

C. Cooley

R. McMichael

T. Scheffler

Im thinking either an upgrade at RB or WR. Not really sure what I can improve on, except getting a better RB # 1. Thanks for any advice.

I think you have the depth to either land a stud WR or a stud RB

fwiw I am not a fan of any of your RBs:

Willis will struggle because the buff offense is gonna struggle

Parker I am not a fan of

Gore some really like him(i dont) try and find someone that really likes him

Mike Bell has tons of upside but there is inherent risk there

i think that because of the depth you have I would go fishing and see what you can come up with...if you get into the negotiation of a deal then stop back and I will tell you what i think

good luck

I think you have the depth to either land a stud WR or a stud RB

fwiw I am not a fan of any of your RBs:

Willis will struggle because the buff offense is gonna struggle

Parker I am not a fan of

Gore some really like him(i dont) try and find someone that really likes him

Mike Bell has tons of upside but there is inherent risk there

i think that because of the depth you have I would go fishing and see what you can come up with...if you get into the negotiation of a deal then stop back and I will tell you what i think

good luck

Thanks for the input, here is one that I am thinking about offering that the other owner might bite on

I give

W. McGahee

M. Bell

T. Bell

L. Coles

I get

R. Brown

JJ Arrington

G. Jones

L. Fitzgerald

His other RBs are F. Taylor, D. Foster, W. Green, M. Moore

If I were him I would be very worried about RB depth. He really only has 1 RB that can be considered "stable". I know I am asking a lot, and might have to switch L. Coles w/ D. Driver.....