[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Raiders change name to "The Al Davis".

Bushey

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd give my left nut to see the Jets have as much success as the Raiders have enjoyed over the years.

Actually, they've probably been living in the same general neighborhood for the past 20 years.

Just keeping it in perspective with how the rest of the thread was running before you stopped in.

Yup! We were talking about the sadness of having to live in the past to find any level of self worth. :lol:

:D Shouldn't this have been moved to The Tailgate :D

Yup! We were talking about the sadness of having to live in the past to find any level of self worth.

Shouldn't this have been moved to The Tailgate :D

So... what doesn't qualify as the "past" to you? Certainly our glory years of the 60's, 70's and early 80's do... and apparently so do the entire 20 season's since. So it MUST be the absolute present then. Not even last years Charger collapse, that doens't count either. Just the present. Charger fans HAVE no past to look back to happilly, just the sad, depressing realization that they will always, forever and ever, be losers.

When Boog says" Raiders suck", it has nothing to do with wins, losses, Superbowl wins, appearances, playoffs, etc. It's all about attitude. It's just a rival fan mentality, one in which every fan should have toward most teams. It's the same as when everybody says the Chargers are Losers. Sure, they may have had a few winning seasons here and there, or even be in one the moment you say it. It has nothing to do with that. It's attitude. They're losers just for that reason; they're LOSERS, always have been and always will be. Just ask Boog. :lol:

Never go to the tailgate... is this the type of thread that is in there? Figured it was all non-football talk.... :D

Edited by The Vatican Hitsquad

So... what doesn't qualify as the "past" to you? Certainly our glory years of the 60's, 70's and early 80's do... and apparently so do the entire 20 season's since. So it MUST be the absolute present then. Not even last years Charger collapse, that doens't count either. Just the present. Charger fans HAVE no past to look back to happilly, just the sad, depressing realization that they will always, forever and ever, be losers.

When Boog says" Raiders suck", it has nothing to do with wins, losses, Superbowl wins, appearances, playoffs, etc. It's all about attitude. It's just a rival fan mentality, one in which every fan should have toward most teams. It's the same as when everybody says the Chargers are Losers. Sure, they may have had a few winning seasons here and there, or even be in one the moment you say it. It has nothing to do with that. It's attitude. They're losers just for that reason; they're LOSERS, always have been and always will be. Just ask Boog. :lol:

Never go to the tailgate... is this the type of thread that is in there? Figured it was all non-football talk.... :D

Well said! :D

Last I checked, the Raiders were in the Superbowl less than 4 years ago.

And, they may very well have won it if their idiot coach had the wherewithall to change the friggin' verbiage on the audible calls so that the opponent's head coach (who created the verbiage the year before) wasn't aware of EVERY PLAY YOU WERE ABOUT TO RUN!!!!!

Continue....

Last I checked, the Raiders were in the Superbowl less than 4 years ago.

And, they may very well have won it if their idiot coach had the wherewithall to change the friggin' verbiage on the audible calls so that the opponent's head coach (who created the verbiage the year before) wasn't aware of EVERY PLAY YOU WERE ABOUT TO RUN!!!!!

Continue....

Thanks for the salt, Vet... here I thought that wound had healed.

I couldn't resist jumping in on a Davis/Raider bashing thread.

Let me first preface my comments by saying that I am not a Raiders fan. But I am by no means a Raider hater either, and I could be...the Steelers have had their fair share of playoff battles with them.

Any way you slice it, you have to give the Raiders and Davis their due. They might suck now, but there is no denying that the Raiders are one of the most storied franchises in NFL history. Al Davis taught them how to win, so he deserves the benefit of the doubt when the franchise has a couple down years.

They are a losing franchise and will remain that until Al Davis dies.

As for Davis dying, have u seen him lately? I think he is already dead, and has come back as a brain eating zombie who thinks it is 1997. That must be why he brought back Shell and signed George...

Just eat brains baby!

:D

...Monday night is gonna be ugly brah! Be ready! Chargers 30-13 :bash:

Well I was dead on about the "ugly" and pretty close with the score! I overestimated the ability of the FAIDERS! I drafted Randy Moss thinking he would be deadly with Brooks arm strength :yay: Well, they almost scored against the Chargers second string Defense! :pop: But got marched on by the Chargers #2 O :bash: .

That was pathetic! :brew:

In all seriousness, I don't like to see teams in the division look bad (even the Raiders :lol: ). It is much more fun when the teams are good, the games are good and the victories are sweeter/loses more bitter.

This was not a fun game to watch! If you are a true Total Raider Hater and want nothing but them to lose, then maybe you enjoyed it. I did not. I have always respected and "hated" the Raider franchise until about the 90s and that wierd smoke and mirrors blip under chucky in the 90s. Even when the Chargers were one of the three best inthe NFL under Coryel, the Raiders always seem to have had our number :yay: Even in years they were just OK.

This was six in a row, going on seven and the first shutout by the Bolts over the Raiders since 1961! :D These types of runs hurt the intensity of the rivalry. These teams are historically tied in so many ways, ownership, players, coaches, the inception of the AFL. Few teams have the same historical connection that the Raiders and the Chargers do! This is what makes "Raider Week" such a big deal. It is almost like twins, one "the good" one the "evil"! :yay: If you love the OVERALL history of the NFL, you have to like the path these two teams have had to share!

This is a franchise that has won nasty for decades. I always admired that style of football and have coached it as well. It is dead. The franchise is dead, at least for now, and it will be a long time before they fix that train wreck. It actually does not make me feel good to say this. The NFL, to be right, has to have a nasty, competative team playing in Oakland, it is the way it should be and it isn't :yay: . It is no where near as fun for me as a Charger fan to not get "really" worked up before these games, lacking the fear and angst leading up to the games! I know enough about the game to know that this game was not going to be close. I wish it were, but it wasn't! :brow:

Sure it is fun to shoot smack with the thin-skinned Raider fans during Raider week! :lol:

Thought I'd come in here to gloat didn't you?!?! Nah! Just happy to see my team looking SOLID :yay: .

Oh and by the way... :woot::D:lol:

:lol: THE RAIDERS SUCK! :lol:

:bash:

Just to add to the way these teams share history!

:D to article :lol:

San Diego beat the Raiders for the sixth straight time and shut them out for the first time in their last 90 regular-season games. When the Chargers won 44-0 in 1961, Al Davis was still an assistant with San Diego.

Interesting :D

That is all! :lol:

Aaron Brooks was sacked 9 times. That is 144 times over a 16 game schedule, which I don't doubt will happen given how friggen dumb Aaron Brooks is. I could only watch the game until midway through the 3rd quarter before I threw my tv out the window. I give props to the Chargers, because they embarrassed the Raiders with ease. Shottenheimer's Pop Warner like script of plays worked magically. The Raider defense did their job for the most part. They are not a very good unit, but they made LT earn his yards. It's the clueless offense that made stars out of every player on the charger defense. I kept hearing how Merriman was the next LT. Aaron Brooks held onto the ball too long as usual, and has absolutely no pocket prescence. He always has that stupid grin on his face when coming off the field just like when he was in New Orleans. :D

You better believe that every team on the schedule will use a similar script on offense and defense against the Raiders. Someone let Al Davis know that Rob Johnson is still available. I think he may be the only QB that holds the ball longer than Brooks.

I am beating a dead horse with this, but they had a chance to get Leinart. That would have been cool as hell if Leinart was called upon in the 3rd quarter. The second coming of Kenny Stabler. The crowd would have gone beserk and maybe that would have woken up the team. Certainly would have scored points and maybe take Shotty out of his Pop Warner play book to put some pressure on Rivers.

Boog, what kinda man would I be not to show the next morning to take my lumps? To say the least, that was painful to watch... and I watched the entire thign, east coast time. Can't ignore it by looking away...

LT, as I have always said, is the best RB in th eleague and he was a monster last night. Rivers surprised me, he DOES look good after all (but then again, Ryan Leaf won his first game too... :D )

Congrats Bolts fans, a$$ kickin accepted.

...LT, as I have always said, is the best RB in th eleague and he was a monster last night. Rivers surprised me, he DOES look good after all (but then again, Ryan Leaf won his first game too... :woot: ...

You BASTAGE of a Raider fan :lol: How dare you invoke his name :D . The devil, the Devil I tell you! :D

There are a lot of similarities to tools and size, but the heads area VERY different! :brew:

Props to you for coming in! :lol: