[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Doug Gabriel still on your WW?

Bronco Billy

Brady obviously loves this guy. He's getting 11 targets per game, way more than the 2nd best NE WR on the roster, Troy Brown with 4.8 tpg, and even way more than Brady's 2nd favorite target, TE Ben Watson, with 6.8 tpg. And Brady likes to look at him near the end zone also, since he's a lot bigger than most CBs.

Brady usually puts up awfully large passing numbers each year, and if Gabriel's games so far are any indicator, he could be a genuine stud emerging right now. If he's still on your waiver wire, you ought to be asking yourself why he isn't on your roster.

While I'm happy to say that Gabriel is already on my roster (and I even played him this week), I'm not quite as rosy about this as you are, long term.

Chad Jackson has been battling some stupid hammy injury since camp. As the season progresses and if he can shake his boo boo, I think Jackson will cut into those numbers somewhat for Gabriel.

While I'm happy to say that Gabriel is already on my roster (and I even played him this week), I'm not quite as rosy about this as you are, long term.

Chad Jackson has been battling some stupid hammy injury since camp. As the season progresses and if he can shake his boo boo, I think Jackson will cut into those numbers somewhat for Gabriel.

Interesting thoughts.

My response would be that I would expect the TEs & Troy Brown to suffer much more than Gabriel. The TEs are currently the #2 & #4 targeted players on NE's roster, and Jackson should cut directly into T Brown's playing time. Brady really looks at Gabriel a lot anywhere on the field, and C Jackson as a rookie still has a sharp learning curve to negotiate.

You may be right, and only time will tell. But Gabriel looks to me like one of those guys who could wind up as a legit low #1/high #2 FF WR, maybe even better as he & Brady get their communication/timing/trust down pat.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Brady obviously loves this guy. He's getting 11 targets per game, way more than the 2nd best NE WR on the roster, Troy Brown with 4.8 tpg, and even way more than Brady's 2nd favorite target, TE Ben Watson, with 6.8 tpg. And Brady likes to look at him near the end zone also, since he's a lot bigger than most CBs.

Brady usually puts up awfully large passing numbers each year, and if Gabriel's games so far are any indicator, he could be a genuine stud emerging right now. If he's still on your waiver wire, you ought to be asking yourself why he isn't on your roster.

I totally agree. I think Gabriel is as physically gifted as any WR the Pats have had in recent history. He's a big, tall target and he can get deep and win jump balls. In fact, Brady's so happy with him that the Pats are now throwing some deeper inside routs (deep in, deep curls) and other routes that he never felt comfortable throwing with the smurfs.

I think he'll be a standout producer this season given all of the attention pass D's are giving Watson.... particularly when the Pats face tougher rush D's and Dillion becomes get worn down.

Gabriel was either drafted or taken off the waiver wire in all 5 of my leagues after he was traded to the Pats.

As far as his fantasy value I wouldn't expect more from him than Branch or Givens who were both inconsistant producers week to week. Brady has looked his way a bunch the last two weeks though.

I real leagues, he should have been drafted. If he is on your ww, shame, you shouldn't play in free leagues.

I guess I don't play in a real league. :D

Real leagues must thrive on drafting #3/#4 WRs on teams, because that's where Gabriel was after being traded away for all of a 5th round pick.

Real leagues must thrive on drafting #3/#4 WRs on teams, because that's where Gabriel was after being traded away for all of a 5th round pick.

No, real fans knew the potential, by this thread, it appears you now agree with me.

If you ever need any tips, let me know, I'll be happy to help you. I strive to help the new guys, you can count on me. :D