[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Never lost like this before...

Cunning Runt

To give you some perspective, an average quarterback score in our league is maybe 20 points. A stellar performance can be around 45.

So I'm golden going into tonight's game up 125-123 and both of us are done except I have Grossman. The only question is whether I can overtake another guy for high points for the week as well as win my game.

I crash out on the couch a little early, get up a couple minutes ago to check if I won the high points, and yep, not only had I managed to not win high points, but my QB scored -3 points and I've lost 123-122.

Nice one. :D

Edited by Cunning Runt

I'm thinking you didn't wish hard enough for your opponent to get more injuries. If one of his key guys would have blown out a knee, you'd be golden.

Better luck next week.

Whatever... I'd be happy to have that discussion all over again, but it's been discussed ad nauseum so why waste my time.

But for what it's worth, Tatum Bell and Jamal Lewis are REAL high on my current wish list.

Edited by Cunning Runt

Whatever... I'd be happy to have that discussion all over again, but it's been discussed ad nauseum so why waste my time.

Yes. Whatever. What do you expect? You come across as a heartless prick and you expect sympathy from losing and instead you get kicked like the dog you are. Ad nauseum. :D

Yes. Whatever. What do you expect? You come across as a heartless prick and you expect sympathy from losing and instead you get kicked like the dog you are. Ad nauseum. :D

Tell me Gil, how do you really feel? Let it all out...ahhh... that's it.

It's all good though. I can take it - probably even deserve it some.

To give you some perspective, an average quarterback score in our league is maybe 20 points. A stellar performance can be around 45.

So I'm golden going into tonight's game up 125-123 and both of us are done except I have Grossman. The only question is whether I can overtake another guy for high points for the week as well as win my game.

I crash out on the couch a little early, get up a couple minutes ago to check if I won the high points, and yep, not only had I managed to not win high points, but my QB scored -3 points and I've lost 123-122.

Few years back I was leading the game going into Monday Night by a couple of points. I had Payton Manning left to play while my opponent had no players left. It crossed my mind to bench Manning to assure myself the win, but of course I decided to run up the score. You guessed it Manning got negative points and I lost the game. Lesson learned.

I thought for sure I lost this week - had all but conceded. I was down a few points last night and had Edge starting. He had Rex and TJ to play.

Neither Edge nor TJ did anything special, but Rex gave my opponent -7. I won 121.5 to 119. Whatta flukey win :D But I'll take it!

I was actually on the beneficiary side of Grossman's turnovers last night:

League 1: Up by 4 and I have DesClark playing against his Grossman. Going into the game I feel sunk and I know I'm going to lose (and that feeling is compounded knowing that he had LDT and Coles on his roster who scored 17 TD's each, while the rest of the players on his roster scored no higher than 6 points...) Clark gets 6 points, Grossman and his turnovers get -6 points. I win!

:D

League 2: Down by 3 and my opponent has Grossman and Jones vs. my CHI D/ST. I'm worried but I feel good with the defense. You know what happens... I win!

:D

I've never had everything I need to have happen, happen, in a game to positively affect two different leagues for me. The Fantasy Football Gods, they are fickle...

On a similar note, sort of, I had Grossman and the Bears D going last night so I got REALLY LUCKY and got the win thanks to the Chicago D and the fact we don't have negative points.

Not to mention, I am ecstatic for taking that defense early despite all the advice about not doing it.

Sure - could have started Leinart. :D

Crazy... I started Grossman over Leinart as well (and lost). My third QB was Culpepper...

I was down 26 points before the MNF game, and my opponent had Dansby and Berrian left to play. I, however, still had Adrian Wilson, Muhsin Muhammad, Anquan Boldin, Robbie Gould, and, you guessed it, Grossman. Boldin scores me 21, Wilson gets 12, and Grossman's -14 finishes me... I lose by 8.

Leinart would've been a 30 point swing and I would've blown him out. :D