[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Theismann Haters Go Way Back

Rockerbraves

Billy Kilmer former Redskins QB noted that he did not get a long well with Joe Theisman. Coach Allen obtained Theismann in a trade for a draft choice with the Miami Dolphins and expected him to back up both Kilmer and Jurgensen. Kilmer said, "Theisman started off on the wrong foot. In 1974 he was brought in and there was a players' strike so the rookies played two or three exhibition games without the veterans in camp. Theisman had a good game in one of those exhibitions and a reporter with the Washington Post asked him, `What do you think is going to happen when Jurgensen and Kilmer come back to camp.' Theismann said, `I'm going to put those two old men on the bench.' And it was quoted in the paper. Kilmer called Sonny and said, `Did you see what he said?' Sonny laughed and said, `Yeah, well we'll have him catching punts at the end of the year.' And my God we did."

On the Theismann subject, did anybody hear the interview on Dan Patrick yesterday where Theismann stated that QBs in the NFL shouldn't be considered for steriod testing? :D I couldn't tell which sounded dumber, that statement or his explaination.