[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Teams covering 9+ point spreads

Mark5

Since I don't professionally gamble on games (cause basically I know my limitations in these areas) what is the record this year of teams covering spreads of more than a touchdown? This is for our local ESPN Pick'em league which I am leading and actually have a chance at winning this puppy :D

The Chicago/SF game is the particular game I am refering to at 16 1/2. I'm guessing the Bears cover after the Arizona meltdown and taking teams lightly..

I need the EXPERT HUDDLER'S advice

Since I don't professionally gamble on games (cause basically I know my limitations in these areas) what is the record this year of teams covering spreads of more than a touchdown? This is for our local ESPN Pick'em league which I am leading and actually have a chance at winning this puppy :D

The Chicago/SF game is the particular game I am refering to at 16 1/2. I'm guessing the Bears cover after the Arizona meltdown and taking teams lightly..

I need the EXPERT HUDDLER'S advice

Underdogs of 9 points or more are 9-11 this season. The Bears are 3-0 against the spread at home.

This is the second largest spread of the season. The largest was 18 when Chicago barely beat Arizona 2 weeks ago.

I wouldn't take Chicago this weekend to cover. Have you taken INDY yet? They are underdogs this weekend and I think they are lock of the week @ DEN. DMD has Peyton only throwing 1 TD. He's wrong, Peyton will throw 3+ and Colts will win. Bank it.

I wouldn't touch that Chicago game either. Not so sure about that Indy pick either.

I'm looking Jets +2 and Rams +9.

I like the Bears to demolish them this week. the money(vegas) will be with the 49'ers this week because of how badly the Bears did against the spread their last game. the oddsmakers know this and factor that into their line. I bet the actual line without adjusting for the betters was even higher.

Of course I could be wrong and this is JMO but this is how I look at it and I like the Bears as well as the Seahawks this week.

coming off the bye week, playing against a horrible secondary, and being at home should be enough to put the bears in the 27-0, 24-3, range. the bears will get out to a lead early and then tee off and throttle them. they don't have a hard game next week so its not like they will be looking ahead to something.

Underdogs of 9 points or more are 9-11 this season. The Bears are 3-0 against the spread at home.

This is the second largest spread of the season. The largest was 18 when Chicago barely beat Arizona 2 weeks ago.

Hate given that many points to any NFL team. Too much parity as we saw in the Cards game. However the Bears are a different team at home and with that defense I can understand the reasoning behind the high spread. Still can't see giving 16. Take the points and at least enjoy the first quarter.

I don't see how the Rams are 9 point dogs. I don't bet often, but that line just seems off to me.

Tell me about it. There is something fishy about that line. Power lock of the week is Rams +9.

I don't know if you guys have heard of the Gold Sheet but it is a handicap service and they predict the Chargers to win by 14. They also say to take the over (44) which isn't a bad bet.

49ers traveling to Chicago, 2 hours difference in time, cold weather, lack of sleep, playing outdoor. Everyone knows, cold weather sucks. But not having at least a week for your body to adjust to it makes it even worse.

Bears, escaped out of Arizona with a near win, they will not overlook San Franciso as a result of this. Grossman played poor in that game, needs to prove himself once again. Better offense, better defense, and homefield advantage.

Same result like the Buffalo vs Chicago game.

Bears win, possible shutout.

It's supposed to be 60 degrees this Sunday.

Tell me about it. There is something fishy about that line. Power lock of the week is Rams +9.

I don't know if you guys have heard of the Gold Sheet but it is a handicap service and they predict the Chargers to win by 14. They also say to take the over (44) which isn't a bad bet.

Unless the gold sheet has changed I consider that more like of a racing form. Providing information but not necessarily picking winners. Alot can happen between game time and the time the gold sheet hits the newstands which they can't possibly take into account aka weather injuries etc.

Unless the gold sheet has changed I consider that more like of a racing form. Providing information but not necessarily picking winners. Alot can happen between game time and the time the gold sheet hits the newstands which they can't possibly take into account aka weather injuries etc.

Very true. I think they have some good analysis but I don't always agree with their picks. Either way, I just don't see how STL can lose by more than 9 points.

Very true. I think they have some good analysis but I don't always agree with their picks. Either way, I just don't see how STL can lose by more than 9 points.

I've watched betting trends for many years. It's amazing how often most people bet on the same teams and in most cases they are wrong. Rarely are the wagers even out between the two teams.

This week everyone seems to love the Rams plus 9 which makes it look like a classic sucker bet. However what I am beginning to see now is that everyone is starting to believe it is a sucker bet and are talking about taking the Chargers and laying the 9 points. Hmmm.. These kind of games are very interesting. Got to wonder on game day which side of the so called sucker bet are the sucker bettors gonna take.

My advice is to stay away from any game that looks to good to be true.

Interesting movement on the Rams game. First, the money started to come in on the Rams and drove the -9 to a -115. Then the spread moved down to 8.5 as more money rolled in on the Rams. And within the last 24 hours money poured in on the Chargers driving the spread to 9.5.

Not sure what to make of all this, but I am still on the Rams regardless.

for those that can get it, the college and profootball newsweekly is probably the best handicapping mag out there. always insightful and full of info. sportsform, and covers.com (mag) are pretty good as well.

as a yearly, i always buy jim feist's college magazine. the guy has been around a long time and his mag is the best. as far as betting info goes. it has ats records for every division 1 school for the last 10 yrs.