[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Should this be vetoed?

NEPats

Not that it matters one iota in the argument being made about whether the trade should be allowed or not, but anyone who thinks Maroney is an unproven quantity has not seen him play this year.

Dude I'm a pats fan.. I think he'll be great, but 9 weeks in a RBBC does not make him a proven back in my eyes..

Dude I'm a pats fan.. I think he'll be great, but 9 weeks in a RBBC does not make him a proven back in my eyes..

No, but the way he runs, the burst into the hole, the combination of speed & power, the way he relishes contact & then smiles after a good hit - the kid has the "it" factor going on.

I'm not a Maroney owner in any league, I'm a DEN fan, and I'm a Wisconsin alum so I don't have any post-college love for him either. The kid can play, plain & simple. He's a future star emerging. If you're going to wait as a FF owner until a guy has actually put up a 1500 yd/15 TD season, you're way too late on him - he's on someone else's roster by that time.

Edited by Bronco Billy

No, but the way he runs, the burst into the hole, the combination of speed & power, the way he relishes contact & then smiles after a good hit - the kid has the "it" factor going on.

I'm not a Maroney owner in any league, I'm a DEN fan, and I'm a Wisconsin alum so I don't have any post-college love for him either. The kid can play, plain & simple. He's a future star emerging. If you're going to wait as a FF owner until a guy has actually put up a 1500 yd/15 TD season, you're way too late on him - he's on someone else's roster by that time.

I agree with you, i think (hope) he'll crush it.. But the term "proven" is time-oriented, and takes more than 9 weeks.. Alexander has shown he can handle the load and produce. If Dillon is out of the picture next year I have all the confidence in the world that Maroney will step in and dominate.. But, the fact is we don't know if Dillon will stay or go, and we haven't seen Maroney handle 20+ carries/game over the course of a year..

I'm wondering where Maroney would go in drafts next year if Dillon is out? Before Alexander? What do you think?

I wish you were in my league so you could tell me how to run my team. I know it's my money and all, but I'm afraid to make decisions that I believe will make my team stronger. I need someone like you to talk me through trades, the draft, and how to deal with my wife during that time of the month. I'm not really all that competent and clearly, someone with your vast knowledge and insight into fantasy football would be a great asset. Perhaps I could give you money to be my personal fantasy football assistant? That would be great. All decisions I would leave to you. Thank goodness for people like you. I wish I was in a league where someone would tell me if my trade was acceptable or not. I'm stuck having to think for myself.

I'm wondering where Maroney would go in drafts next year if Dillon is out? Before Alexander? What do you think?

In a 2 player keeper league? I'd take Maroney somewhere in the top 5 unless I knew for a fact that Dillon was coming back, in which case I might let him fall to around 1.08. I'd let Alexander slip to someone else in the 1st round and look at him if he were around in the top of the second round.

Alexander had dramatic evolutions in his O-line, and we saw the effects immediately. His ypc & ypr both fell off the table dramatically earlier this year. When he ran behind Jones & Huchinson on the left side he was money. Now he doesn't have those guys there anymore & he can't create anything for himself at all. He's coming up on 30 yrs old in a year or so, so that's another knock against him. I honestly think a great portion of his success was running behind the best half-line in the NFL. Don't get me wrong - he's got talent no doubt. He's just not a first rounder without his hosses in front of him. That left side of the line just killed people.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I wish you were in my league so you could tell me how to run my team. I know it's my money and all, but I'm afraid to make decisions that I believe will make my team stronger. I need someone like you to talk me through trades, the draft, and how to deal with my wife during that time of the month. I'm not really all that competent and clearly, someone with your vast knowledge and insight into fantasy football would be a great asset. Perhaps I could give you money to be my personal fantasy football assistant? That would be great. All decisions I would leave to you. Thank goodness for people like you. I wish I was in a league where someone would tell me if my trade was acceptable or not. I'm stuck having to think for myself.

From what I'm gathering lately outta you, sounds like you need the help.

Yeah PM me and maybe we can work something out.

Yeah it's a pay league ($125 each). If it was a re-draft league I would have NO problem with it. Or, if it was a 1-player keeper it would be fine too. However, LT and SA on the same team may dominate..

The guy getting Maroney MAY also dominate....that's why the trade is fair.

If was the LT owner, I'd rather go into next year with LT & Maroney than go into it with LT & SA.

Maroney is a flat-out beast, with his best days ahead of him. SA is turning 30, with most of his best days BEHIND him.

Has not been addressed, so i'm guessing forever..

So given your choice ... in a high money league. Would you rather take a "proven" vet who may benefit you but obviously only for a couple years at max, or take a promising young player who has shown flashes of great running who will most likely be playing for more years?

If you can keep the players for a period of time longer than 3 years I would assume most people would go after Maroney since they would have a potential "stud" locked up for some time to come.