[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michigan / OSU

chiefjay

OSU

USC

FLA.

Michigan

ARK.

ND

This my top 6 and Michigan most likely better than anyone in that bunch with the exception of OSU.

I think ND is now done they can never make a argument that will allow them to leap frog Michigan.

IMO I think OSU plays USC for all the marbles. Fla is another strong possibility. I have been saying that

I would love a Buckeyes vs. Gators match up. I just don't see a USC loss the rest of the way out. USC thumps ND at USC and beats the Bruins and face OSU in Glendale.

Like your pecking order, however I would have to give the Hogs a shot in the NC game before Michigan. IF and that's a "RUTGERS BIG IF" the Hogs win their last two games against LSU and Florida. To me the winner of the SEC would make a better NC than another Big 10 conference championship.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not so fast my friend :D

These two teams have outstanding balance of offense and that lead to the defense playing poorly.

USC will gets it first opportunity of the season to see an offesne that is on the near the same level as Michigan and OSU, in ND. Let's see how well your D looks after that game. :D Michigan held ND to 21 points AT Notre Dame, if USC can do as well AT home, i'll be impressed, otherwise it's just another year of horrible Pac10 D's.

ok, Corso Jr. USC has outstanding talent, speed and their D is really coming along. They held a potent Cal O in check yesterday. As much team speed as OSU has, USC is still faster across the board, which as you kow, has bitten some Big 10 teams in the ass before. I think that is The game now, and would be the best matchup.

I agree--I don't give a rat's ass when in the season the losses occurred, but if you have a group of teams with only 1-loss each and one of them's only loss was by 3-points to the #1 ranked team in the nation on the road, it seems to me that that would be the least worst loss of them all.

There should be a rematch for the national championship--no other one-loss team deserves it more than Michigan.

completely agree. SC or Florida would get crushed by Michigan, Notre Dame already has.

I'd rather play someone lese other than Michigan. It's not that I'm concerned about a re-match since we have the best coach and the best individual player in the nation, BUT, it is very unfair for the team to have to beat their ARCH RIVALS twice in 50 days. Think about it. It's enough of a blood-bath to beat those guys once. A lot of emotional energy goes into a game like that; and doing it again after 50 days is excessive.

And while USC's one loss is worse than Michigan's, but if they win out, their slate of victims will be much more impressive than Michigan's. To me, the quality of victories matters more than the quality of the loss; since everyone can have the occasional bad day.

Actually, you know Michigan can beat OSU, and SC cant. So of course you dont want to see Michigan again. Im not saying Michigan is a better team than OSU, but they proved yesterday they can beat them.

ok, Corso Jr. USC has outstanding talent, speed and their D is really coming along. They held a potent Cal O in check yesterday. As much team speed as OSU has, USC is still faster across the board, which as you kow, has bitten some Big 10 teams in the ass before. I think that is The game now, and would be the best matchup.

Cal is an average at best team. Tenn rocked them, SC couldnt. SC is not in the class of the OSU or Michigan, and its a crock of sh*t that you lose to teh #1 team on the road by 3 pts, and you dont deserve a re-match.

Fact is, Notre Dame was destroyed at home by Michigan. Its unlikely SC will beat Notre dame as convincingly and they will be at home. SC lost to unranked team, while OSU loses to the #1 team.

Actually, you know Michigan can beat OSU, and SC cant. So of course you dont want to see Michigan again. Im not saying Michigan is a better team than OSU, but they proved yesterday they can beat them.

They proved nothing of the sort. The only way they could've proven they can beat OSU, would've been by beating OSU. As it turns out, they didn't.

I wouldn't want to play Mich cuz it's not fair for us to have to beat them twice to win the NC; while they'd only need to beat us once to do the same. :D Having said that, I have zero doubt that the Jimster, Superman (Troy Smith) and the rest of the team will be ready to deliver another beating to Big Blue, if that's what ends up happening. Tressel will get to further pad his record against Lloyd and the wolvies. :D

Edited by Glabra

Cal is an average at best team. Tenn rocked them, SC couldnt. SC is not in the class of the OSU or Michigan, and its a crock of sh*t that you lose to teh #1 team on the road by 3 pts, and you dont deserve a re-match.

Fact is, Notre Dame was destroyed at home by Michigan. Its unlikely SC will beat Notre dame as convincingly and they will be at home. SC lost to unranked team, while OSU loses to the #1 team.

\

Love the unbiased view/ Cal average at best? ok, whatber you say. Overrated, underacheived - bingo, average? they would have given Texas a run for the Big 12 championship. If SC beats ND and UCLA they will jump over Mich- and they should. The BCS is abviously driving us batty, but you cannot actually think that USC losing to Oreg. State, while OSU losing to Mich proved that Mich should play in the NC game? what are you in 3rd grade? SC not in the class of MICh. or OSU? crazy talk here, OSU and both MIch are good, but not convinced they are the 2 best by a longshot. You can compare these things all you like, the realit is USC will have 1 L against a MUCH tougher sched - end of story. Go Sooners!

They proved nothing of the sort. The only way they could've proven they can beat OSU, would've been by beating OSU. As it turns out, they didn't.

I wouldn't want to play Mich cuz it's not fair for us to have to beat them twice to win the NC; while they'd only need to beat us once to do the same. :D Having said that, I have zero doubt that the Jimster, Superman (Troy Smith) and the rest of the team will be ready to deliver another beating to Big Blue, if that's what ends up happening. Tressel will get to further pad his record against Lloyd and the wolvies. :D

Superman. More like a poor mans Vince Young. Dude definately benefitted the most by Vince coming out early last yr.

Jimster, lmao, this dude has more talent than any team in the country. Even he couldnt affectionate that up.

Fair, lmao. So if SC beats Ohio St is it fair since both will only have one loss. Trust me, OSU wants someone else but Michigan in that title game, because they know Michigan is the only team in the country that can hang with them, and take away a Championship, and you sure as hell no it too. SC would get spanked and so would Florida or anyone else but Michigan. Im not a Michigan fan, by any means, but as a college football fan, I want to see the best game, and OSU-Michigan again would be the best game.

Had OSU lost that game, Id be saying the same thing, they are a top 2 team, and deserve to re-play that game for all the marbles.. And if OSU lost, you would be agreeing with me, so dont bring that weak ass fair sh*t in here. There is no playoff system, but if there was, those 2 teams would be meeting again, whether you like it or not. And the BCS is suppose to put the 2 best teams in the country in the title game, and those are the 2 best teams. So save us with the fair, doughnuts. because you know that Michigan is the only team in the country that could wreck OSU's season, and you obviously fear that very thing. LMAO, Fair, what a joke.

\

Love the unbiased view/ Cal average at best? ok, whatber you say. Overrated, underacheived - bingo, average? they would have given Texas a run for the Big 12 championship. If SC beats ND and UCLA they will jump over Mich- and they should. The BCS is abviously driving us batty, but you cannot actually think that USC losing to Oreg. State, while OSU losing to Mich proved that Mich should play in the NC game? what are you in 3rd grade? SC not in the class of MICh. or OSU? crazy talk here, OSU and both MIch are good, but not convinced they are the 2 best by a longshot. You can compare these things all you like, the realit is USC will have 1 L against a MUCH tougher sched - end of story. Go Sooners!

How the hell will SC have a tougher schedule than Michigan. Michigan spanked #2 Notre dame back in September, and just lost to the #1 team in the country. SC, played a bunch of over-rated punching bags in the Pac-10, and lost to an unranked Oregon St team. SC's biggest win, is vs Arkansas on the opening weekend of the season. Arkansas has improved tremdensously since then, and SC hasn't put up as many pts in any game, as they did week 1. So its safe to say their best performance of the season came in week 1.

Just to set the record straight. Here is the breakdown of all the teams both have played in the BCS top 25.

Michigan has beaten #5 Notre Dame, which will be SC's biggest win as well, if they can do it.

Michigan has beat #8 Wisconsin, who is 11-1

Michigan has beaten #25 Penn State

Michigan lost on the road to #1 OSU, by 3 points

SC has beaten #6 Arkansas who is 11-1 and

SC has beaten #19 Cal

SC has beaten #22 Nebraska

And SC's biggest game of the season will be vs a team Michigan has already destroyed 47-21 in south bend, while Sc gets them at home.

Michigan has played the current 1,5,8,25 team in the BCS, and lost to #1 OSU to be 11-1

SC has played the current 6,19,22 and about to play #5, and lost to an unranked team to be 9-1

The Big 10 has 3 teams in the top 8, and 4 in the top 25 as the Pac 10 has 1 in the top 8, and 2 in the top 25

Tell me how again, SC has played a more difficult schedule. :D

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

very good post sarge. well researched. I think that kinda ends the argument that USC has the toughest schedule in the country. I do disagree that the Pac 10 is a bunch of punching bags. I think the Pac 10 will prove to be pretty good in the bowls this year. I do think Michigan is better than USC, but I can also see why people wouldn't want to see a rematch. I would be a hypocreit if i said I wanted to see a rematch, as I feel, to be in a National Championship game, you should be a conference champion first. Michigan isn't, USC is. I would feel differently if there was a playoff, but since the BCS is an exclusive way of finding a "national champion" I feel that a conferece championship should be on your resume if you want to be a national champion.

Call me crazy, but I think USC should/will hammera soft Notre Dame team at home, but wouldn't at all be surprised to see UCLA get them. UCLA is due.

Edited by GWPFFL BrianW

There is no playoff system, but if there was, those 2 teams would be meeting again, whether you like it or not. And the BCS is suppose to put the 2 best teams in the country in the title game, and those are the 2 best teams.

The NFL and MLB don't always put their so called two best teams in their championships. And if I'm correct they both have playoff systems.

I feel, to be in a National Championship game, you should be a conference champion first. Michigan isn't, USC is. I would feel differently if there was a playoff, but since the BCS is an exclusive way of finding a "national champion" I feel that a conferece championship should be on your resume if you want to be a national champion.

this is hands down the best argument against a rematch. How can you be declared the National Champion if you weren' even the best team in your own conference?

this is hands down the best argument against a rematch. How can you be declared the National Champion if you weren' even the best team in your own conference?

So if you dont win your division in the NFL, you shouldn't be able to win the SuperBowl. Hog wash. It so happens sometimes the 2 best teams are in the same conference. Obviously that is the case with Michigan and Ohio St this yr.

Guys, the BCS is set up to do one thing. Put the #1 team in the country against the #2 team. Doesnt matter if they played already, doesnt matter if they are in the same conference. The BCS was created to have the 2 best teams play for all the marbles. You can hate the system, and I do. But the BCS will again get ir wrong if OSU and Michigan dont play in the NC game, as they are both clearly the best teams in the country.

The NFL and MLB don't always put their so called two best teams in their championships. And if I'm correct they both have playoff systems.

The BCS was specifically created to pit #1 vs #2, because they dont have a playoff system. If college football had a playoff system, this would be a moot case because Michigan and OSU would meet again, somewhere and the only way SC would get into that game, would be if they somehow avoided both of those teams until the title game. Which is basically what is happening here. IF SC lined up to play Michigan or OSU, they would lose by 2 TDs to either team. They dont have to play those 2 teams, but those 2 teams had to play each other, thus Michigan has 1 loss. If Sc was undefeated and didnt get ripped up by an unranked Oregon St team, we wouldnt be having this argument, as SC would be deserving. But if you lose to an unranked team, and your SOS isnt better than a team that also has 1 loss, and that team lost to the #1 team in the country, you dont deserve to play in the NC game over that game, regardless of conference. If SC was in the Big 10, they would be the #4 team at best, behind OSU, Michigan, and wisconsin. Instead they play in the Pac-10 and cant even go undefeated in that sad sack conference. Sorry, but SC isnt deserving of jumping Michigan, even if the BCS gets it wrong again.

So if you dont win your division in the NFL, you shouldn't be able to win the SuperBowl. Hog wash. It so happens sometimes the 2 best teams are in the same conference. Obviously that is the case with Michigan and Ohio St this yr.

Guys, the BCS is set up to do one thing. Put the #1 team in the country against the #2 team. Doesnt matter if they played already, doesnt matter if they are in the same conference. The BCS was created to have the 2 best teams play for all the marbles. You can hate the system, and I do. But the BCS will again get ir wrong if OSU and Michigan dont play in the NC game, as they are both clearly the best teams in the country.

That's right if you don't win your conference (AFC or NFC) in the NFL you can't do to the Superbowl even if you are considered the 2nd best team in the NFL. The goal of the BCS is to help determine a NC not to determine who is the 2nd best team. FYI: The loser of the NC game doesn't automatically mean they are the 2nd best team. Heck we might find out Michigan is the 2nd best, but then again we might find out the Big Ten blows. We can't find out either of those things if there is a rematch.

That's right if you don't win your conference (AFC or NFC) in the NFL you can't do to the Superbowl even if you are considered the 2nd best team in the NFL. The goal of the BCS is to help determine a NC not to determine who is the 2nd best team. FYI: The loser of the NC game doesn't automatically mean they are the 2nd best team. Heck we might find out Michigan is the 2nd best, but then again we might find out the Big Ten blows. We can't find out either of those things if there is a rematch.

Come on dude, you cant really be this stupid can you. Are you trying to compare a college football conference to the AFC/NFC. First off, a conference in college football is more like a division in the NFL. there are about the same divisions as BCS conferences. Second, in the NFL, there are only 2 conferences, as opposed to 6+ BCS conferences in college football. That is a ridiculous comparison.

No one is trying to determine the 2nd best team after the title game. The BCS is set up to pit the #1 team vs the #2 team. No where in the BCS does it say those 2 teams can not be from the same conference. And who cares where things shake out after the games, this is to set up a NC game.

Just flat out not true. CLEARLY the 2 best teams? wrong. This is a down year for the Big 10 #1, and the PAC 10 is clearly the tougher conference from top to bottom, and it really isn't close. Period. end of story. The Big 10had Mich and OSU travel to ND, UT- great much respek, wisky has the #79 SOS in the country- NICE. PAC 10- traveled to: Knoxville, Baton Rouge, Auburn, to name a few. USC has the #3 sched in the country while Mich is at #12, OSU at #27. USC has 5 top 30 wins, Mich has 3. The Big 10 being down, and not having the strongest out of conference scheduling, there is just no way you can say they are clearly the 2 best teams. USC wins out they will leap Mich- and they will deserve a shot. The BCS is flawed, but USC wins out they are CLEARLY the #2 team in the country under this system.

Sarge's 100% trre declarations aside, its impossible to say that Michigan or OSU is better than USC or FLA when they haven't played each other, although I can honestly say now I think OSU is better than Michigan. Troy Smith & crew have done it 3 times in a row, and would do it 8 or 9 out of 10, so I'd like to see someone else get a chance. Its as simple as that.

But if they do the rematch (and yes, I'd still watch) and UM somehow pulls off a close upset, and FLA or USC ends with one loss and a big blowout win in their bowl, there will be a mess. How do you avoid a potential NC split between the BCS and AP again? You don't, and then you have UM fans for years saying the Trojans or Gators didn't really 'earn' their AP title. Same if USC or FLA beats OSU and Michigan blows someone out in the Rose - no one is undefeated. Or worse - what if OSU and Michigan are the two to split the NC, since they both just beat each other once?

That is BSCrap no matter what it smells like. The only way to avoid a mess is to have an undisputed winner like OSU, and I don't think they should have to beat the same team twice (in a row, no less) to prove it. So I'd just rather see another matchup, plain and simple.

Personally, I'd love to see USC & Michigan in the Rose - classic. Sweet.....

If SC was in the Big 10, they would be the #4 team at best, behind OSU, Michigan, and wisconsin. Instead they play in the Pac-10 and cant even go undefeated in that sad sack conference. Sorry, but SC isnt deserving of jumping Michigan, even if the BCS gets it wrong again.

I am starting to think you are mentally challenged. Take your meds and quit with this garbage. This sad sack conference was the highest ranked the entire season- Pac 10 has the highest number of quality wins of any conference in America- by quite a big number. Go back to your backwater dogsh1t Big 12- and come back with some real talk.

Sarge's 100% trre declarations aside, its impossible to say that Michigan or OSU is better than USC or FLA when they haven't played each other, although I can honestly say now I think OSU is better than Michigan. Troy Smith & crew have done it 3 times in a row, and would do it 8 or 9 out of 10, so I'd like to see someone else get a chance. Its as simple as that.

But if they do the rematch (and yes, I'd still watch) and UM somehow pulls off a close upset, and FLA or USC ends with one loss and a big blowout win in their bowl, there will be a mess. How do you avoid a potential NC split between the BCS and AP again? You don't, and then you have UM fans for years saying the Trojans or Gators didn't really 'earn' their AP title. Same if USC or FLA beats OSU and Michigan blows someone out in the Rose - no one is undefeated. Or worse - what if OSU and Michigan are the two to split the NC, since they both just beat each other once?

That is BSCrap no matter what it smells like. The only way to avoid a mess is to have an undisputed winner like OSU, and I don't think they should have to beat the same team twice (in a row, no less) to prove it. So I'd just rather see another matchup, plain and simple.

Personally, I'd love to see USC & Michigan in the Rose - classic. Sweet.....

I don't think a split will happen this year. Michigan is #2 in the AP right now. unless USC jumps them this weekend, a split probably wouldn't happen, because if USC wins out they will be #2 in the BCS. The only possible split would be USC as BCS, and Michigan as AP. But that would mean that if USC beat Ohio State, that the AP just bumped Michigan up to #1 and USC only up to #2 even though they won vs Ohio State. Not gonna happen. AP will vote USC #1 if they beat Ohio State.

So if the BCS isn't supposed to determine #1 vs #2 like you say Rocker, then why does it even exist? Why not just go back to the old format under that logic.

Brian of all people I thought you would have known this. FYI: The reason why they don't go back to the old format is to avoid the conference bowl Tie-Ins that used to exist. Prior to the creation of the BCS National Championship Game teams were automatically tied into bowl games aka SEC with the Sugar, Pac 10 and Big Ten with the Rose, Big 12 with the Orange etc. So if a team like Ohio State finished the season ranked number one back then, they had no way of matching them against say the SEC champion or Big 12 if one of those teams happen to be ranked #2.

Edited by Rockerbraves

\

How is this unbiased, Who has Cal beaten. they have put up huge points on the Pac-10. Is that suppose to impress anyone. No one in this conference plays defense outside of maybe SC and now Arizona, and both of those teams have already beaten Cal. Tennessee crushed Cal the only other legit defense they played against thus far. Cal's biggest win has to be against unranked Oregon, who is 7-4, and should most certainly be 6-5 after the officiating debacle vs OU

Sorry, but Im not the least bit impressed with Cal. Texas Tech the 4th best team in the Big 12 destroyed them last year in the bowl, Tenn the 4th best team in the SEC destroyed them this yr, and then they lost to Arizona the 5th best team in the Pac-10, before losing to SC. Cal is average at best. How do those facts make me biased.

Just flat out not true. CLEARLY the 2 best teams? wrong. This is a down year for the Big 10 #1, and the PAC 10 is clearly the tougher conference from top to bottom, and it really isn't close. Period. end of story. The Big 10had Mich and OSU travel to ND, UT- great much respek, wisky has the #79 SOS in the country- NICE. PAC 10- traveled to: Knoxville, Baton Rouge, Auburn, to name a few. USC has the #3 sched in the country while Mich is at #12, OSU at #27. USC has 5 top 30 wins, Mich has 3. The Big 10 being down, and not having the strongest out of conference scheduling, there is just no way you can say they are clearly the 2 best teams. USC wins out they will leap Mich- and they will deserve a shot. The BCS is flawed, but USC wins out they are CLEARLY the #2 team in the country under this system.

The Big 10 has 3 of the top 8 teams in the BCS, and 4th in the top 25. The Pac-10 has 2. The Big 10 power house teams OSU and Michigan has wins against then #2 Texas, then #2 Michigan, then #2 Notre Dame, and #8 Wisconsin. What significant win does any Pac-10 team have. Seriously. SC beat Ark, who is #6 and Nebraska who is #22 but will be unranked after the Big 12 title game. Cal hasnt beaten anyone. Oregon didnt beat OU, and you know it, so this is just BS at its finest. The Pac-10 lost to those games mentioned they traveled, while the Big 10 won theirs. So hell no SC doesnt deserve to leap Michigan whose only loss is to the #1 team, while SC got beat by unranked Oregon St.

BTW, how does losing to an unranked team make you deserving of anything. The best you can do it tie what Michigan has already done by beating Notre Dame. Its my opinion Arkansas will lose again, making that quality win less significant than Michigans win over #8 Wisconsin who is 11-1 and done until the bowl. Nebraska will also lose in the Big 12 Championship game, knocking them out of the top 25, leaving SC schedule looking more like a paper bag then anything Michigan has done to date.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan