[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

bears-pats

montster

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovie needs to bench Grossman. He's been absolutely awful against good defenses (and even some bad ones). The Bears will not win the NFC with this clown.

As the Hawks continue to get healthy and almost every NFC team proves to be truly mediocre, I can only hope that Lovie keeps Grossman as the starting QB!

Lovie needs to bench Grossman. He's been absolutely awful against good defenses (and even some bad ones). The Bears will not win the NFC with this clown.

+3 Samuels picks

I hate to agree, but I agree! He thinks he's Favre and plays like Minny Mouse! Whata Clown!

Now Brady just jukes Brian Urlacher out of his stripped sox. I heard somewhere that BU was voted "most overrated" by his peers recently. After that, I can see why

Yeah.........you know football! Base one play against a career! One third of your name is right! :D

As the Hawks continue to get healthy and almost every NFC team proves to be truly mediocre, I can only hope that Lovie keeps Grossman as the starting QB!

Speaking of mediocre, the Hawks defense is below-average and their O-line hasn't been able to run-block effectively all season. I'd be more worried about that than Chicago's QB situation if I were you.

Speaking of mediocre, the Hawks defense is below-average and their O-line hasn't been able to run-block effectively all season. I'd be more worried about that than Chicago's QB situation if I were you.

word

Was Chicago's entire gameplan in the second half to just throw up bombs and hope for penalty flags against the Pats secondary? The only reason this game was as close as it was on the scoreboard was because the Bears got 2 HUGH pass interference calls which were bogus. The Bears will obviously clinch the #1 seed in the NFC (because the rest of that conference is horrible except for the Cowboys right now) but they need to either get the running game back on track or get Grossman out of there if they want to go to the SB.

Was Chicago's entire gameplan in the second half to just throw up bombs and hope for penalty flags against the Pats secondary? The only reason this game was as close as it was on the scoreboard was because the Bears got 2 HUGH pass interference calls which were bogus. The Bears will obviously clinch the #1 seed in the NFC (because the rest of that conference is horrible except for the Cowboys right now) but they need to either get the running game back on track or get Grossman out of there if they want to go to the SB.

The calls were justified, not to mention the one's that the Zebras missed! Agree w/ the running game and Grossman! :D

Seriously, though, if you're a defensive back, you have to realize that you can't keep colliding with wide receivers before the ball gets there. I know if both guys are going for the ball and you get the legs tangled it's not interference, but both of those calls involved major upper body contact before the ball arrived. Even if you believe that's not technically interference (even though it is), you have to realize it's almost always going to get called.

There were two calls not given, one where Berrian was sandwiched, so for the Pats fans to whine about interference calls is ridiculous.

What about the Bears DB not turning around and then sticking his hand in Chad Jackson's face to obstuct his vision on the ball? Is that the other non-call you were referring to above?

Edited by Whiskey Pimp

There were two calls not given, one where Berrian was sandwiched, so for the Pats fans to whine about interference calls is ridiculous.

No kidding. See: 2003 AFC Championship Game :D

Taking advantage of NE's depleted secondary is one thing, but trying to throw 50-yd bombs to Berrian on every third or fourth play is completely asinine. The Bears don't need a Favre impersonator at QB (especially when he plays more like a Vinny Testaverde impersonator). They just need a veteran who will manage the offense, won't turn the ball over three or four (or five) times a game, and will let CHI's defense and special teams do their thing. And I think that Griese should be given the opportunity to be that guy. Griese isn't anything special, but he's a veteran with modest success who was playing pretty well in TB before the knee injury two years ago.