[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What is with Harrison?!

kdog55

I thought that's what you were implying. But since that's not the case, we can definitely agree. :D

:D

If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain - do you know which philosopher said that? Dolly Parton. And people say she's just a big pair of tits. - David Brent

2) Harrison and Manning don't really get along, so now that Wayne is finally getting to Harrison level of route running/experience with Manning, he's becoming his new "guy" (not kidding)

Agree on 2d part. lol @ first part. (not kidding)

Not buying the alleged "insider info" bit.

Harrison's always been kind of off to himself. He does seem to be copping a bad attitude though. His little "celebrations" lately were also out of character and disappointing.

His little "celebrations" lately were also out of character and disappointing.

If you're referring to the Pats game, Marvin has a history of being a bit more animated when he faces them. I remember him making the "first-down" sign after catching a big pass against them last year and I seem to remember him doing it the year before as well.

Agree on 2d part. lol @ first part. (not kidding)

Not buying the alleged "insider info" bit.

Harrison's always been kind of off to himself. He does seem to be copping a bad attitude though. His little "celebrations" lately were also out of character and disappointing.

OK, what aren't you buying about it?

OK, what aren't you buying about it?

I'm jumping into this conversation late..........it's not that I don't believe your "insider" information, but its really hard for me to believe that Marvin and Peyton dislike each other, especially considering that these two guys have been playing together for so many years, through all the TD's, through all the games, the emotional ups and downs of playoff losses. :D.

Even through all that, and to this day, they still come out before each game to practice running and perfecting routes. I think Reggie has finally been let into that relationship as well, but that's only happened in the last year or two.

These two guys have developed such a chemistry and trust over the years, that it's hard to believe that they dislike each other. For me personally..........the guys I dislike, I don't trust..........

I'll say that all of this is speculation IMO, but I just think this whole thing is getting blown out of proportion because the press/media wants & expects excitement out of WR's and it's just a rare thing to see emotion out of Marvin......

just my :D

Marvin has done this before. He was getting NO looks from Manning yesterday. Or against the Bills a couple weeks ago. Teams have been playing their safeties very deep, daring the Colts to run, or dump the ball off lately. The Colts have obliged.

I'll tell you this, defenses are still scared of Marvin. He is RARELY single covered. Always a safety over the top. Wayne DOES get singled up quite a bit more. Manning knows this.

Marvin is still the #1. He will have a big game this week. Bank on it.

As for Manning and Harrison's "relationship", it is not as close as it used to be. Manning has even said so this year in a couple radio interviews I've heard. Harrison is really weird. Never talks to the media. Sits by himself at the end of the defensive bench. Always has. His teammates rarely see him outside of practice and games.

He was definitely sulking last night though. As for leaving before the half, the refs fouled up that last FG attempt. They kept signaling to re-set the play clock, but it wasn't getting done. Then there was a false start penalty. The whole process took way longer than it should have. Marvin should have stayed though.

As for the Lito Shepherd pick, I was at the game. Harrison immediately turned to the ref looking for the flag, almost like he was postitive there would be one. He kept tugging on his jersey, demonstrating that he thought he was held. It did appear that the CB grabbed a hold of Harrison's jersey before the ball got there. It was a fantastic pick though. Harrison should have made more of an effort there too.

Edited by CaptainHook

Harrison is really weird. Never talks to the media. Sits by himself at the end of the defensive bench. Always has. His teammates rarely see him outside of practice and games

That fits my impression of him, as a football fan looking at the Colts from the outside in, I know nothing about the guy, hear very little about him and have just figured he is a self contained, strange dude. Good player, but an enigma.

I'm jumping into this conversation late..........it's not that I don't believe your "insider" information, but its really hard for me to believe that Marvin and Peyton dislike each other, especially considering that these two guys have been playing together for so many years, through all the TD's, through all the games, the emotional ups and downs of playoff losses. :D.

Even through all that, and to this day, they still come out before each game to practice running and perfecting routes. I think Reggie has finally been let into that relationship as well, but that's only happened in the last year or two.

These two guys have developed such a chemistry and trust over the years, that it's hard to believe that they dislike each other. For me personally..........the guys I dislike, I don't trust..........

I'll say that all of this is speculation IMO, but I just think this whole thing is getting blown out of proportion because the press/media wants & expects excitement out of WR's and it's just a rare thing to see emotion out of Marvin......

just my :D

As I said, I was skeptical at first, too. But the more I watched with that tidbit in my head the more I believed it. But, to each his own...

SI article on Indy team chemistry: Dysfunctional family

Link

That "dysfunctional" quote was from Edge a couple years ago, and while Reggie agreed with him, I think that dysfunction is more about their desire to get the ball more. These guys are superstars and they all want the ball, they all want to have that big game every week, and unless Indy takes up the "Randy rule" and starts passing 80% of the time, no one is going to get the ball as much as they want.....

As Reggie pointed out, Peyton wants a championship more than anything, and he'll take whatever the defense gives him (run or pass), and that's most likely a tough thing for these guys to get their arms around........

It's a great article though!!!

Edited by Big Dogs