[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I keep torturing myself

PantherDave

So, my computers fixed, the Panthers are at home, so I ponder along with this free time. I come up with another tidbit of info that just makes me shake my head and laugh.

In the Panthers last 6 games-"9" balls were fumbled by the opposing offense, and one in Philly that Monday night stands out, one in Washington when the Skins fumbled on 1st and goal....etc..etc..etc.., and the Cat's did not recover a single one. This is not an excuse thread, just sharing my collected pain here.

Edited by PantherDave

Now you can feel our pain we have felt all those years.... :D

Oh, I feel it, the funny thing is after the Giants win(Saturday vs Skins) I was like.....So the fug what, big deal. Now, that it's Wild Card Week it's a barren and cold place...must be like living on the moon. I trust Fox and have no doubt whatsoever that they will be back(actually they never left, just lost that chip on the shoulder that this team needs) and this season will slide into obscurity. Still, it blows the meaty one, but alas, live to fight and talk smack another day.

Edited by PantherDave

So, my computers fixed, the Panthers are at home, so I ponder along with this free time. I come up with another tidbit of info that just makes me shake my head and laugh.

In the Panthers last 6 games-"9" balls were fumbled by the opposing offense, and one in Philly that Monday night stands out, one in Washington when the Skins fumbled on 1st and goal....etc..etc..etc.., and the Cat's did not recover a single one. This is not an excuse thread, just sharing my collected pain here.

You're a minor leaguer - in week 15 I lost a fantasy playoff game by a measly .25 point. Any number of things would have gotten me into the title game, where I would've won something like 63-43.

So the Packers are watching the playoffs because they pissed away games against NO, StL, and Buff - any ONE of which would've had them losing to Phi or Seattle this week - that fantasy loss took REAL money from MY pocket.

You're a minor leaguer - in week 15 I lost a fantasy playoff game by a measly .25 point. Any number of things would have gotten me into the title game, where I would've won something like 63-43.

So the Packers are watching the playoffs because they pissed away games against NO, StL, and Buff - any ONE of which would've had them losing to Phi or Seattle this week - that fantasy loss took REAL money from MY pocket.

Minor Leaguer....No, I lost some serious quid this year in FF, but that happens, still more won that lost in my FF tenure. Looking forward to kicking GB ass next year at the Tundra

Minor Leaguer....No, I lost some serious quid this year in FF, but that happens, still more won that lost in my FF tenure. Looking forward to kicking GB ass next year at the Tundra

Oh, it's on, bee-yotch.... :D

EDIT: I just looked at the Panthers results, and next year they are scheduled to be "the good Panthers" as opposed the "underachieving Medio-cat-ies" so maybe they will make a game out of it...)

Edited by Chavez

Panthers missed playoffs after a mediocre season ...yet my giants are in playoffs and they had just as mediocre a season ...hav to admit ofcourse you always want your team to make it to playoffs regardless of their record as the slate is wiped clean and you get a 2nd chance

Oh, it's on, bee-yotch.... :D

EDIT: I just looked at the Panthers results, and next year they are scheduled to be "the good Panthers" as opposed the "underachieving Medio-cat-ies" so maybe they will make a game out of it...)

Yes, for what ever reason they are an every other year team, and should have that very important "chip" on their shoulders next year. Also, Fox prefers the "chip", as he absolutley hated the PS tag of juggernaught. I can' not explain it, but as a frontrunner they fail, but as a forgotten underdog they come to play with a vengence, and they never did that in 06.

Edited by PantherDave

I took my daughter to a Panthers game a couple years ago and now she only roots for the 'Mean Kitties'

I took my daughter to a Panthers game a couple years ago and now she only roots for the 'Mean Kitties'

:D Classic

Seriously though, any reason WHY the Panthers will be better next year? They look pretty entrenched in mediocrity with the contracts they've setup - they're aging fast, not a lot of consistent youth growth on that team...

No, their OLB's will be 3rd year and 2nd year. Glover should take over at DE for Rucker and he was a rookie. DeAngelo Williams was a rookie, and besides Minter at S, and Rucker at DE the DT is not old at all. They have many OL who are very young-in fact most of them are young. Richard Marshall, who is going to develop into a beast at CB was a rookie, Lucas and Gamble are young. Bottomline, the team just did not make plays and had "9" fumbles on the ground and recovered"0" in the last 6 games.. Sometimes ya gotta have a little luck and catch some breaks-did'nt happen this year. They just did not play well-period, and it's really that simple, theyjust did not play well this past season. They lost that crucial chip on the shoulder that they need, and trust me when I say Fox will make sure it's back on their collected shoulders, and as far as the "cap"-the Panthers work it as well as anybody and are in decent shape going into 07.

Edited by PantherDave