[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Help

Larryalcohol

I have been offered a first rounder in 08,09 & 10 for the first pick in this years dynasty draft. Would you trade AP for 3 first rounders? It is a 12 team league so i might get stuck each year with the 12th first round pick. Should i take it or ask for the 11 first rounder as well, or just take AP and hope he is not a bust?

I would definitely do it as long as I felt confident the league was gonna be around that long!!! I've never played dynasty, but I've been in long-term baseball leagues and we always tried to avoid trades with long-term components.

If you think you can get him to sweeten the pot, I'd try and get a second or third rounder for THIS year thrown in.

While it's hard to imagine AP being a bust, you never know. If he ends up on the Raiders, you gotta figure he's stuck facing the Chargers, Broncos, and Chiefs twice a year each, will be on a team that's typically playing from behind, and that he'll probably end up in jail or rehab....

• 3 weeks later...

Definitely do the trade. Dynasty leagues you draft for long term.You may suffer some this year for the trade but having 2 first rounders for the next three years should allow you to build a somewhat dominant team.Another bonus of the 2 first rounders for 3years is the trade possibilites for established studs or other draft picks.