[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Blockbuster Total Access VS Netflix

keggerz

Which is better?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the better online service?

• Blockbuster Total Access
    • Netflix
    • Puddy(why?)

Netflix. I tried BB a few years ago. It was a crapshoot which movie I would get next. I tended to get new releases quicker, but everything else was short wait or long wait. Maybe that's improved. I also like the Netflix recommendations. I'll also second H8's like of the series stuff of Netflix. I don't usually want to watch a series all in one shot. I like to space it out.

I've had both. Netflix for a year and I'm currently on my third month of Blockbuster. I suspended my Netflix account while using a month free of BB.

Both got me new releases fairly regularly and I haven't missed one yet with Blockbuster. Probably because there are more subscriptions to Netflix in my area. Instore with Blockbuster is pretty good and I only did it because I have a store less than a half mile from the house. The coupon and free online return rentals works pretty well when we have extra time to watch more. And the monthly coupon is good to use on XBox360 rentals.

I find the web interface at Netflix leaps and bounds better than Blockbuster. And I hear BB's site was worse than it is now. No Friends, mouseovers on titles don't work like Netflix. One of my big issues is in the movies information. No audio information on Blockbuster movies. Netflix has more on future releases as well. Sometimes I try to put something as "Saved" and Blockbuster just farts on it.

There is one thing that Blockbuster does do that Netflix does not. If there is a re-release of an older title, BB will get it but Netflix will not. Sometimes a SE will be realeased with a DTS track. I may wait for that and not get the first release. I haven't kept up on it lately so not sure if Netflix changed.

For $17.99 for 3 out and the benefits of instore, I'll keep Blockbuster. The website stuff if minor. In the end I'd rather spend my time watching movies than messing with ratings and friend stuff.

I look at it like this....

Netflix is willing to offer a competitive product/price....

BB just really wants Netflix out of the picture so they can start raising prices for this service....they are going to try and put Netflix out of business or at least buy them out and raise hell...

I will join netflix...over bitorrents because I am going to need blu-ray movies soon...

I want to keep the market competitive....BB isn't going anywhere...and as long as Netflix is around, prices will be in our favor...

I switched to Puddy because we need more than two players in the business but the service is crap.

:D Puddy, where's my pr0n I ordered a week ago?

You didn't read the fine print. For adult material, I require pictures of the female that will be watching it with you and subjected to your disturbing advances.

I hate going to the video store, so the BB deal doesn't entice me. Netflix has been good, but really improved for me when they added a service center closer to where we live.

I'm still a bit bitter about some BB late charges from 10 years ago. :D

The thing that's great about online ordering - with either BB OR NF - is that when you think of a movie, you click it onto your queue; no going to the vid store and wandering around going "...what was the name of that movie?"

I use Netflix and have had zero issues with them. We have a service center here in my town, so I've had turnarounds of mail it out on a Monday and the new movie is here by Wednesday, Thursday at the latest. Terrific selection to boot.

And I don't get people who say that the movies sit around - I stick it in the envelope, and put it in my mailbox right outside my front door. That's about as easy as it gets IMO.

The thing that's great about online ordering - with either BB OR NF - is that when you think of a movie, you click it onto your queue; no going to the vid store and wandering around going "...what was the name of that movie?"

Boooooooyahhhhh. :D

I hate going to the BB store so that service is a good idea but I would never do it. The mailbox is always a few steps away and NetFlix offered me a good service at a good price when BB was charging 4 bucks for a rental.

Brand loyalty for me and Netflix wins. I hate BB and Time Warner for previous pricing tactics.

I currently have both, life partner says with blockbuster, if you want a series, you have to get the whole thing, where as netflix you can get one disc at a time... so with BB, you could get nothing but that one series at a time...

I've been using the Blockbuster service for about six months now. Haven't had any problems. With respect to this particular issue.... Absolutely incorrect. You have the ability to break the series down to individual discs. I've done it.