[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

League question about the number of rounds to have in a draft

ateam1970

I would likely go 16

assuming a standard off lineup of 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 flex and the D player you have a roster of 10 starters and with 6 backups teams have the tough deision of carrying exactly one backup at each postion and having basicaly no depth anywhere of of playing musical chairs with their TE, K and D to be able to have any RB or WR depth. It would force WW and trade movement IMO

I would likely go 16

assuming a standard off lineup of 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 flex and the D player you have a roster of 10 starters and with 6 backups teams have the tough deision of carrying exactly one backup at each postion and having basicaly no depth anywhere of of playing musical chairs with their TE, K and D to be able to have any RB or WR depth. It would force WW and trade movement IMO

I agree with this.

• 2 weeks later...

I would likely go 16

I like it, more money for the league

• 2 weeks later...

I would likely go 16

My limited FF experience indicates that a larger FA pool promotes WW/FA transactions, but does not always promote trades. If there's a talent rich FA pool, when given a choice, it seems that managers would rather drop a player perceived as expendable for a FA of potentially greater productivity, instead of trading value for value. I'm sure there's a balance point, but I don't know what it is. Perhaps those with "high trade volume" leagues could chime in. In my league (1st year of a 14 team, 2 keeper league so maybe it's not representative) we have only 5 bench slots and had a lot of FA/WW moves, but almost no trades.

My limited FF experience indicates that a larger FA pool promotes WW/FA transactions, but does not always promote trades. If there's a talent rich FA pool, when given a choice, it seems that managers would rather drop a player perceived as expendable for a FA of potentially greater productivity, instead of trading value for value. I'm sure there's a balance point, but I don't know what it is. Perhaps those with "high trade volume" leagues could chime in. In my league (1st year of a 14 team, 2 keeper league so maybe it's not representative) we have only 5 bench slots and had a lot of FA/WW moves, but almost no trades.

Totally agree w/you here. The larger the roster the more trade activity you'll get. Why trade when you can just pick up a FA? If you take those FA's away from the pool, people are forced to make trades to better their team.