[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hunter Hillenmeyer

The Peanut Guy

How lucky is Bears linebacker Hunter Hillenmeyer? He was drafted out of Vanderbilt by the moribund Green Bay Packers. Their brilliant coaching staff decided that he simply isnt good enough to play for the star-studed defense. So, they just cut him. The Bears immediately pick him up and put him in the starting lineup. Now he is a starter on the NFC superbowl bound Chicago Bears rather than lanquishing in mediocrity in Wisconsin. That is one very lucky football player! Just another in a long line of stupid moves by the Packers and great moves by the Bears.

:D

That is all you can say to the Packers cutting Hillenmeyer who becomes a starter on one of the best defenses in the league? From cut by a horrible defense, to a starter on a superbowl team is an unbelievably great stroke of luck for that kid. I am sure he is thankful that the Packers coaching staff is such poor judge of talent...

It just coincidentally happens to the Packers all the time... :D

Don't hog all THAT glory. The Chiefs had Ryan Lilja on their team and cut him to try to put him on their practice squad. Lo and behold, the Colts pick him up and he's a starter on their O-Line.

And the Chiefs could really have used him now.

Edited by Chief Dick

It just coincidentally happens to the Packers all the time... :D

:D

Sure, rattle off the list of names of guys the Packer have cut since Sherman took over as GM (and into Thompson's) , who have gone on to stardom.

Hillenmeyer? Sherman traded up for him, and inexplicably cut him. Right now, he'd be an upgrade over Poppinga, but I like Poppinga's upside.

Kevin Kaesviharn starts for the Bengals.

Mike Wahle was an All-Pro caliber LG who was cut for money reasons; I'm glad he's getting long overdue recognition in Carolina.

Bottom line is that Hillenmeyer is an exception - not because Green Bay's front office was so awesome under Sherman, but because they had to hold onto what good players they DID have; it will certainly happen more in the future because TT is simply a better GM than Sherman was. And it isn't like this DOESN'T happen all around the league every year anyway.

Good for Hillenmeyer, though - obvious this newbie turd's halfwit fishing expedition, he seems to be a good, hardworking guy - much like just about all the players on this Bears squad. It's hard to hate 'em, but I manage.

He is the worst player on that Bear's defense. Who cares.

He is a STARTER on one of the best defenses in the league. A defense that just happens to have crushed the Seahags, then the Aints, and is playing in the Superbowl today. Not a bad gig if you can get it. and the only reason he has it is because the Fudge Packers decided that he couldnt play in this league. I am just shocked they didnt cut Favre his first year with the team... :D