[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

4 AL Central teams in the Top 7 in all of baseball?

Puddy

I agree I have no problem with 3 teams in top 7 with sox , tigers and twins but I do not believe the tribe belong there at all

I would round off al with yanks and red sox along with the top 3 from al central for top 5 in al

I would throw in mets and cards from nl to make top 7 in all of baseball

:DLinky

this is what my first thoughts were.

but the real suprise is the Jindians rank 2nd. some other observasions - 7 of the last ten are of the NL. 4 of the top 7 are from the AL central, and 8 out of the top 10 are from the AL. and the defending world champs are 13th, and he could see them with a loosing record.

also look out for my white sox bullpen, i think it will be one of the top 5 and possibly the best when all said and done.

The Tribes bullpen is the only reason they were not up there with the Twins,Tigers and White Sox last year. they have good starting pitching and a very good hitting team.

They really lost noone from last year that was a much needed player but acquired..Josh Barfield,Joe Borowski,Dave delucci,Keith Foulke,Aaron Fultz,Roberto Hernandez and Trot Nixon. I would not be suprised at all to see the Indians winning our division.

If I had to rank what I thought would be the best 7 teams this year I would go like this.....

1. Yankees

2. Tigers

3.White Sox

4. Mets

5. Cardinals

6.Blue Jays

7.Indians.

Indians suck, they've been predicted to finish 1st and 2nd for the past 3 years with all those new look phenoms.

They still talk Indians in December on TKA, probably not with Lebron in town now.

White Sox (I think the hunger is back)

Tigers

Twinkies

Native Americans

Royals (Sorry CD)

The Tribes bullpen is the only reason they were not up there with the Twins,Tigers and White Sox last year. they have good starting pitching and a very good hitting team.

About the Jindians bullpen, its real old, i think the avg age is like 40. Its just my opinion but i think that their pen is overvalued, but will see.

I'm happy about my sox team, but man with Detroit, min, and Cleveland. this will be a dog fight. i mean the sox had 90 wins and missed the playoffs last year.

this is how I would rank them.

1. Yankees

2.Tigers

3a.White Sox

3b.Red Sox

5.Mets

6. Twins

7.Jindians

and the Twinkies you think they may not be as good, but they always find some guys from some where and he is a key player for that team.

You're absolute right about the Twins but without that #2 starter I think they will fall short again and this is presuming Johan has another 20 win season in him which I think is still probable.

Indians suck, they've been predicted to finish 1st and 2nd for the past 3 years with all those new look phenoms.

They still talk Indians in December on TKA, probably not with Lebron in town now.

White Sox (I think the hunger is back)

Tigers

Twinkies

Native Americans

Royals (Sorry CD)

Don't apologize. I'm pretty sure I am the first one every year to state the Royals shall suck. Blind homer I am not. :D

About the Jindians bullpen, its real old, i think the avg age is like 40. Its just my opinion but i think that their pen is overvalued, but will see.

Offseason additions:

Joe Borowski - 35

Keith Foulke - 34

Aaron Fultz - 33

Roberto Hernandez - 42

Other possibilities to make the team:

Rafael Betancourt - 31

Fernando Cabrera - 25

Jason Davis - 26

Matt Miller - 35

Edward Mujica - 22

Tom Matsny - 25

Unless this is some new-fangled weighted average that counts Hernandez' age times 7, they are nowhere near 40. But what do you want in your bullpen if not a "crafty veteran"?

Indians had a horrible year last year. Victor never threw out a baserunner before the all-star break. Betancourt was suspended for steroids. Peralta was unproductive all year long, as was Aaron Boone until he was benched for a rookie. Hafner missed almost the last 2 months (and still hit 42 HR). Wickman was traded mid-season, and we experimented with closers the final 2 1/2 months.

And they still won 78 games.

Indians had a horrible year last year. Victor never threw out a baserunner before the all-star break. Betancourt was suspended for steroids. Peralta was unproductive all year long, as was Aaron Boone until he was benched for a rookie. Hafner missed almost the last 2 months (and still hit 42 HR). Wickman was traded mid-season, and we experimented with closers the final 2 1/2 months.

And they still won 78 games.

I hear ya bro. If the Indians had their talent from the mid 90's I would still say they suck as I just don't like the team. Nothing personal.

I'm happy about my sox team, but man with Detroit, min, and Cleveland. this will be a dog fight. i mean the sox had 90 wins and missed the playoffs last year.

I don't think the Indians bullpen will be by any means 1 of the leagues best...but all it has to do is be mediocre IMO for them to challenge for the division, and I think they will be. I think many underestimate what Nixon is going to bring to them too.

You should be happy with your W.S. they will once again make some noise. I think what Podsenik and Tadahito bring this year in the front of that lineup will be big factors on how their season goes. Thome ,Dye and Konerko will produce. if those guys (Pod and Tad)can increase their OBP's this year I could see some huge offensive numbers in White Sox land. it suprises me they plan on batting Pierzynski in front of Crede though. Crede is a very underrated 3b/hitter IMO.

and the Twinkies you think they may not be as good, but they always find some guys from some where and he is a key player for that team.

Agreed..once again they will be good. they are a very well ran franchise. just wondering how far you can go with 1 dominant starter and a bunch of hopefuls.

You're absolute right about the Twins but without that #2 starter I think they will fall short again and this is presuming Johan has another 20 win season in him which I think is still probable.

Agreed.

Don't apologize. I'm pretty sure I am the first one every year to state the Royals shall suck. Blind homer I am not. :D

I think there is reason for omptimism this year in K.C. I mean I don't expect them to run for the division. but I also see them starting to progress. I would not be suprised to see them win 75 games this year. Teahen is a excellent hitter and I could see a lineup of Dejesus,Grudzielanek,Teahen,Shealy(who I think is gonna be very good), Sanders and Emil Brown putting some runs on the board and playing some solid defense. right now they are talking about Emil Brown batting 7th though..I would move him up to where Grud bats myself. I think he is ready for a breakout season. now pitching is another story. if Meche and Perez can get it together though I could forsee K.C. being a team to look at in a couple years.

Hafner missed almost the last 2 months (and still hit 42 HR). Wickman was traded mid-season, and we experimented with closers the final 2 1/2 months.

Yeah..if not for that time off I think Hafner is MVP last year.

Keith Foulke will retire

To bad for Keith, and thanks for the 2000 season.

But this makes you wonder what kind of physicals they give in Cleveland. He just got 5 million, and now he is done before throwing a pitch. And barowski also failed a physical with the Phillies before coming to the tribe.

Wow. Not totally unexpected in the long term (that someone would get hurt / not be healthy), but that was pretty quick and pretty severe. Didn't even throw a pitch!