[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Another what TV should I buy thread...

Moneyshot

Don't always get sucked into the side by side. I found a bunch of times when I tried the side by side that someone jacked the settings up. I just kept checking and settled on the one that I liked that had the features that I wanted and was the best price of what I liked. I ended up with a Sharp and unless all the cable guys, three of them, that have been in my house are blowing smoke up my ass, everyone seems be be blown away by the picture quality.

:D i had to move a 32 inch, 150# CRT by myself once. it was not fun.

I did a ~125# 27" a couple of years ago! :bash:

Why the Hell can't they put handles on these things!!!! :D

Don't always get sucked into the side by side. I found a bunch of times when I tried the side by side that someone jacked the settings up. I just kept checking and settled on the one that I liked that had the features that I wanted and was the best price of what I liked. I ended up with a Sharp and unless all the cable guys, three of them, that have been in my house are blowing smoke up my ass, everyone seems be be blown away by the picture quality.

All TV's have a down side. I get compliments from everyone who sees my set also! And lets face it, if these momos don't know how to adjust a TV before they buy it, well they are idiots! If you can't play with it, WALK!!!

DONT buy yer cables at the store and especially dont buy MONSTER CABLES

go to monoprice.com for great product at great prices

also the AVS Forums are your friend http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdispla...aysprune=30&f=9

Good info! Monster Cables are a rip! JMHO

Monster Cables are a rip! JMHO

Not just yours. They are way over priced. You guys don't even know the half of it. Holy wars have been fought with less venom than the vitriol unleashed in the cable wars.

better idea. come out here for st patty's day (same weekend as h8 :D) and pick it up. oh, and add a zero. :D

That would be very entertaining i'm sure. Have you hid your coffee tables yet? What kind of TV is it? Probably don't want to buy a used one. I'm still in the 27 inch tube television stage and have had bad luck with TVs. I've bought 2 since i've moved to AZ in 2001 and both have crapped out. The first, which i'm still watching, has about 3 inches of the picture at the top flipped upside down. The second works for a while and then the picture goes black. Then after I turn it off and let it cool down or whatever it works again. I'm cursed. Most likely will get an HD of some sort this summer, but probably not a huge one.

Nope. Well, Im from MN, so I guess I'm near. Why?

I replaced my 36" sony (5 yo) in Nov.. Had it sittin' around til last week when we gave to a charity. I was only askin' $150 for it and got no takers. It had a picture second only to HD. It would have been perfect for you.

That would be very entertaining i'm sure. Have you hid your coffee tables yet? What kind of TV is it? Probably don't want to buy a used one. I'm still in the 27 inch tube television stage and have had bad luck with TVs. I've bought 2 since i've moved to AZ in 2001 and both have crapped out. The first, which i'm still watching, has about 3 inches of the picture at the top flipped upside down. The second works for a while and then the picture goes black. Then after I turn it off and let it cool down or whatever it works again. I'm cursed. Most likely will get an HD of some sort this summer, but probably not a huge one.

well, mine's 32 inches, flat screen tube, component video input, but not HD. the model number is slightly different, but it is essentially the exact same TV as this. i've got a progressive scan DVD player and component cable to go with it. it puts out a great SD picture. couple years old and hasn't missed a beat.

you and bier can arm-wrestle for it. :D

well, mine's 32 inches, flat screen tube, component video input, but not HD. the model number is slightly different, but it is essentially the exact same TV as this. i've got a progressive scan DVD player and component cable to go with it. it puts out a great SD picture. couple years old and hasn't missed a beat.

you and bier can arm-wrestle for it. :D

or a bier drinking pentathalon

Well, I was getting pretty serious about this little badass right here:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1140393183225

But, now I am not sure and can't decide. I hate buying things.

You might as well go w/ HD, as long as the set has a decent SD pic..

Do you have Cable or a dish, MM?

Edit for:

Best Buy will deal. I know I hate playing games also, but you have nothing to lose. Looks like a decent set! What are your viewing angles? And distance? Check those out at the store.

Edited by rocknrobn26