[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Women gets two years in prison

TheGrunt

I actually had some punks throw an empty hairspray can into my window on 95 in VA. They were looking for a fight and wanted me to pull over so we could duke it out for some reason. Had there not been three in thier car I would have happily obliged. I was going to report the incident and saved the can for fingerprints but it just seemed like a hassle.

I actually had some punks throw an empty hairspray can into my window on 95 in VA. They were looking for a fight and wanted me to pull over so we could duke it out for some reason. Had there not been three in thier car I would have happily obliged. I was going to report the incident and saved the can for fingerprints but it just seemed like a hassle.

Turns out if you got their license plate and reported them there is a chance you could have helped put them behind bars for awhile. :D They threw a missile at you! :D

Just a couple of comments:

1) You can't throw sh*t at a moving car or a car in traffic.

2) The elected legislature of the great state of Virginny enacted the law that made what that lady did a felony. The courts can only interpret the law. So don't cry about the jury or the "court system" - it sounds like they did what they should have done. The prosecutor elected to or had no choice but to try the case.

3) I'm wondering if the prosecutor offered the lady a plea?

Some Miniature A-hole in a big F 150 through a cup or bottle at my car a few months ago....I had my family in the car so I was not happy....and luckily for him they were in the car or things would not have turned out well for him.....Instead of getting into any confrontation in front of the kids I wrote down his license plate # and went to the police dept. which was about 3 blocks away. Went in and told them what happened and they pretty much told me to F off.... I said so yer telling me I can leave here right now and go throw chit at someones car and nothing will happen to me....friggin idiots....this in a city where it's impossible to get a break EVER if you're pulled over for a traffic violation :D

You don't need fingerprints, I'd bet a millions dollars it was this guy!

Turns out if you got their license plate and reported them there is a chance you could have helped put them behind bars for awhile. :D They threw a missile at you! :D

I figgered I could get em with something, didnt think it would be jail time though. I wrote down thire license plate # and was going to call the po po when I got home. Then I smoked a couple of bong hits and forgave the azhatz.

I do agree the sentence seems a bit extreme.

But...I will say...anyone who throws something at a moving vehicle from another moving vehicle probably has some anger issues and is certainly a potential threat to society in the way of causing an accident...we take driving for granted and don't recognize it for the dangerous activity it can become in an instant.

:revsupenginelookingforTimCtorace:

:D

I figgered I could get em with something, didnt think it would be jail time though. I wrote down thire license plate # and was going to call the po po when I got home. Then I smoked a couple of bong hits and forgave the azhatz.

Just a couple of comments:

1) You can't throw sh*t at a moving car or a car in traffic.

2) The elected legislature of the great state of Virginny enacted the law that made what that lady did a felony. The courts can only interpret the law. So don't cry about the jury or the "court system" - it sounds like they did what they should have done. The prosecutor elected to or had no choice but to try the case.

3) I'm wondering if the prosecutor offered the lady a plea?

1. Very true. If that happened to me, I'd probably do anything to get them back... and I wouldn't mind seeing them behind bars. They could cause pretty big accidents that way.

2. Yup. See #1.

3. :D Sounds like she may have needed Furd as her lawyer.

I'd have to throw my lot in to skins' pickle cavity...er...I mean...:D...I...never mind. :D

:tup:

Can you have both of them as your lawyers, or are they different types? I just remember hearing something about Furd being a defense lawyer, and I'm not sure yet what kind of lawyer skins is.

Can you have both of them as your lawyers, or are they different types? I just remember hearing something about Furd being a defense lawyer, and I'm not sure yet what kind of lawyer skins is.

Well, skins is so damn argumentative, he would just wear down the other guys!

What?? " The instructions given to the jury said that 'any physical object can be considered a missile. A missile can be propelled by any force, including throwing.' "

That is crazy. I'm sorry, but I think that to most reasonable people, a 'missile' means something that is self-propelled and capable of inflicting some major damage. A cup of cold drink with some ice does not qualify, unless shot out of a friggin cannon.

Maybe they should change the law to read a 'thrown object' with a lesser sentence and keep the 'missile' part for something a little more dangerous. C'mon people....

Edited by Coffeeman

What?? " The instructions given to the jury said that 'any physical object can be considered a missile. A missile can be propelled by any force, including throwing.' "

That is crazy. I'm sorry, but I think that to most reasonable people, a 'missile' means something that is self-propelled and capable of inflicting some major damage. A cup of cold drink with some ice does not qualify, unless shot out of a friggin cannon.

Maybe they should change the law to read a 'thrown object' with a lesser sentence and keep the 'missile' part for something a little more dangerous. C'mon people....

Well, what's more dangerous - a thrown bowling ball or a self-propelled bottle rocket?

In another article about this incident, I also read this: So she gets 2 years for throwing a missle, but only $1,000 fine for assault, battery, and reckless driving. Our legal system is messed up.

This also just in, water is wet.

what the flip w/a cup of ice a "missile" - in fact they say ANY object is a missile. So if she threw a cotton ball at em she'd still be getting 2 yrs? Brilliant

Another shining example of what a hotbed of stupidity Stafford County is.

Edited by BeeR