[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Opening a music instrument store

DMD

He should definetly offer lessons and repair as well..Also have a section for begginers. I bought a guitar recently for both of my daughters 6,3 and the guy said he cant keep them on the shelf..(the 3 year old is too small to play but just strums while the other one takes her lesson)

Edited by whomper

Doh!

I meant a store to sell musical instruments - mostly guitars. I agree, wanting to open a music CD store would pretty much have them rolling in the aisles down at the bank. It would be about guitars and accessories, maybe drums too. Plus he can give lessons there as well.

Gibson has their headquarters here in Nashville. I have a buddy that worked for them for quite awhile and still knows whats going on in the biz. Feel free to pm me if your nephew would like me to put him in touch with some folks over at Gibson to discuss opening a guitar shop...

If he buys and sells used gear, he'll bring in a lot of customers. Instruments hold their value.

I used to patronize "Daddy's Junky Music" all the time. Small, but very cool. Guys in there knew their stuff.

Been a long time since I heard that name. I still have an 83 Strat I bought from them used.

Gibson has their headquarters here in Nashville. I have a buddy that worked for them for quite awhile and still knows whats going on in the biz. Feel free to pm me if your nephew would like me to put him in touch with some folks over at Gibson to discuss opening a guitar shop...

Gibson is a great marquee, but their entry level nameplate, Epiphany, will sell more stuff. Just like the new store that opened up near me has about 20 Paul Reed Smith guitars in there, but at 2K + he won't sell a lot. Buit those $2-300 Epiphanys and Ibanezs are what keeps the store alive.