[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

anyone want to be a loan shark?

dmarc117

It seems that there are people who want to borrow money at an interest rate of 20% so that they can pay off "High Interest Credit Cards". :D

no kidding.....plus the concept of loaning somebody i dont even know, with little or no collateral doesnt seem so appealing. but wait, their group leader will scold them and their rating will go down.

:D

It seems that there are people who want to borrow money at an interest rate of 20% so that they can pay off "High Interest Credit Cards". :D

Well, if the CCs are charging someone, say, Prime + 15% because they were late once and the late payment coincided with being $14 over the credit limit ... and this borrwer can drop it down to 18% through something like this, great for them ...

Again, there is a HUGH market for non-bank lending.

no kidding.....plus the concept of loaning somebody i dont even know, with little or no collateral doesnt seem so appealing. but wait, their group leader will scold them and their rating will go down.

When this thread was first started, I poked around on the site a little. The first one I read was from a long time financial advisor working near Wall Street that needed to borrow something like $10K@22% to help pay off some overdue bills. I would have a hard time lending any amount of money, no matter what the rate, to a financial advisor that fell behind on that much of bills.

:D

There is some basic thoughts behind this idea that do have some value (as a matter of fact, the person who just won the Nobel Peace Prize is an economist who has set up a micro-credit bank).

But the idea of group sanctioning there, seems like it will work a whole lot better than internet group sanctioning.

I'm not going to lend any money here. The information asymmetries are just way way too high.