[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Joe Horn released

I disagree. I think this increases the reps between Colston and Brees and puts Colston into a bigger leadership role. Some would agree that they lost a veteran but I value this more than what Horn could teach Colston.

Considering that they played on opposite sides it has no bearing at all on reps or anything. and no he is a 2nd year player he is no where near ready for a leadership role. that is brees and duece's job on offense.

Considering that they played on opposite sides it has no bearing at all on reps or anything. and no he is a 2nd year player he is no where near ready for a leadership role. that is brees and duece's job on offense.

Horn played in 10 games, in which he probably only ran 61 routes total all year, had 61 targets while Henderson notched 54 in 13 games. I'd much rather have Copper starting opposite than a city favorite in Horn. I had him in the 12 area and think this move propels him to the 9 spot. :D

Edited by broncosn05

Love the guy was great for the team, but from a business standpoint he has been injured for the past two years and with the arrival of Colston and Henderson $5 mil is steep for a roster bonus.

That definately sums it up. I hate to see him go, but if it means we can bring in a serious CB or LB and make a stronger run at the Superbowl then so-be-it.

Serious question. Has there ever been a player that has asked for a release to test the free agent market only to go back to the original team?

There are a handful of other teams that need Horn more than the Saints do.

I honestly think Horn will give the Saints every chance to at least match any offer because I know he really wants to finish his career here.

I thought some fans were ill for him forcing Willie Roaf to leave.

It was Joe JOHNSON, not Joe Horn.

If he wanted to stay bad enough he could reduce his salary requirements, ala Bettis.

The only problem with that, and Joe has said this in the past, is that he knows he will only play for two or three more years and he knows he has to get what he can now.

I guess thats what happens when you say nothing could keep you out of playing in the NFC Championship game and then you know you dont play and then still have the set to not take a pay cut. The Siants will be better off with out his mouth and me first attitude.

Here comes the stampede of Saints fans I hear them now... :D

Wow, you are either one seriously misinformed dude or one HORRIBLE fisherman.

1. Joe Horn didn't play in the NFC Championship because Payton wouldn't allow him.

2. Joe Horn's "mouth" was one of great leadership on this team from day one.

3. Joe Horn ALWAYS put the team and the fans ahead of himself. The guy gives 100% effort in everything he does. He will always be one of my all-time favorite players because[/] of his attitude, not despite it.

I've been around him at the baseball field with his kid, Joe is a class act on & off the football field. He will be missed in New Orleans. Good Luck, Joe just stay away from Atlanta.

just heard an interview with Mike Tutilier(sp) and he said that more than likely it looked like Horn was leaning toward Alanta to sign with.

Joe do not do it. Not Alanta, we wish you the best of luck with the remaining portion of your career, sign with the birds and you become the enemy.

just heard an interview with Mike Tutilier(sp) and he said that more than likely it looked like Horn was leaning toward Alanta to sign with.

Joe do not do it. Not Alanta, we wish you the best of luck with the remaining portion of your career, sign with the birds and you become the enemy.

And Vick as QB will not help your cause.

Regardless I'll still be a big fan of his...Hopefully if he does sign with another team(I think he will) then when he does finally retire he will want to do so as a Saint. I'm pretty certain the team would do that. :D

It was Joe JOHNSON, not Joe Horn.

I always heard it was "Hollywood" Joe Horn that slept with Roaf's wife and that's why he Roaf left. Never heard Joe Johnson was involved. I'll see if I can find a link to anything.

Here's one: http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stor...ag_8577812.html

ROAF RUMORS RAMPANT -- Offensive tackle Willie Roaf of the Saints, who was taken off the Saints' expansion list because his knee injury won't be healed by June1, also has problems in his personal life and isn't sure whether he'll play again.

"The issue for me now is it would be kind of hard to play in New Orleans with all this stuff going on," he said. "I'll retire and try to get my marriage and family life together, or maybe I'll play. I don't know yet."

Roaf was referring to the rampant rumors that teammate Joe Horn was the father of a daughter recently delivered by Roaf's wife. The rumors were so prevalent in New Orleans that Horn issued a public denial.

"I did not sleep with Willie Roaf's wife," Horn said. Roaf said "my marriage with Michelle has been on a roller coaster for a while" but added, "I feel comfortable the child is mine."

Nobody knows how the rumors got started. Horn said he hasn't even met Roaf's wife. But it's easy to understand that if Roaf plays again, he may not want to do it in New Orleans.

and another: http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2002/0128/1319126.html

actually there are ton's of these all over the place.

Here's one: http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stor...ag_8577812.html

ROAF RUMORS RAMPANT -- Offensive tackle Willie Roaf of the Saints, who was taken off the Saints' expansion list because his knee injury won't be healed by June1, also has problems in his personal life and isn't sure whether he'll play again.

"The issue for me now is it would be kind of hard to play in New Orleans with all this stuff going on," he said. "I'll retire and try to get my marriage and family life together, or maybe I'll play. I don't know yet."

Roaf was referring to the rampant rumors that teammate Joe Horn was the father of a daughter recently delivered by Roaf's wife. The rumors were so prevalent in New Orleans that Horn issued a public denial.

"I did not sleep with Willie Roaf's wife," Horn said. Roaf said "my marriage with Michelle has been on a roller coaster for a while" but added, "I feel comfortable the child is mine."

Nobody knows how the rumors got started. Horn said he hasn't even met Roaf's wife. But it's easy to understand that if Roaf plays again, he may not want to do it in New Orleans.

and another: http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2002/0128/1319126.html

actually there are ton's of these all over the place.

Key word there is RUMOR. The rumor got stared when Roaf stated something about "Joe". It was assumed that he was talking about Joe Horn and the whole situation from that point forward was put under wraps. But people closer to the situation were saying that it was actually Joe Johnson & not Horn.

Key word there is RUMOR. The rumor got stared when Roaf stated something about "Joe". It was assumed that he was talking about Joe Horn and the whole situation from that point forward was put under wraps. But people closer to the situation were saying that it was actually Joe Johnson & not Horn.

Gotcha! Never heard the Joe Johnson piece. I do remember reading that Horn seemed very upset about the whole thing which didn't seem to make sense. That changes my whole attitude toward him.

Gotcha! Never heard the Joe Johnson piece. I do remember reading that Horn seemed very upset about the whole thing which didn't seem to make sense. That changes my whole attitude toward him.

he's being quoted on espn as saying that Payton wants to prove he can win without Horn...

EDIT: Right now it's going around that (the Saints) wanted to restructure my contract and I asked to be released, but this has nothing to do with money," Horn said told The Fayetteville (N.C.) Observer. "I wanted to retire as a Saint. I've been through hell and back for that city and that organization. If I wanted out of New Orleans that bad, I would have just kept my mouth shut and let them move the team to San Antonio.

"I just don't think [coach] Sean Payton wanted me back. I asked to be released because I felt betrayed by a head coach who wanted to prove he could win without Joe Horn."

Edited by HowboutthemCowboys

he's being quoted on espn as saying that Payton wants to prove he can win without Horn...

EDIT: Right now it's going around that (the Saints) wanted to restructure my contract and I asked to be released, but this has nothing to do with money," Horn said told The Fayetteville (N.C.) Observer. "I wanted to retire as a Saint. I've been through hell and back for that city and that organization. If I wanted out of New Orleans that bad, I would have just kept my mouth shut and let them move the team to San Antonio.

"I just don't think [coach] Sean Payton wanted me back. I asked to be released because I felt betrayed by a head coach who wanted to prove he could win without Joe Horn."

Yeah, I kinda expected this eventually...I'm sure Joe is still pretty hurt that Payton didn't let him play in the playoffs. I don't think Payton did it because he wanted to prove anything though. Hopefully they will be able to work it out between them eventually. Payton & the organization are looking at what they think is best for the team and right now it looks like by keeping him it could jeopardize their chances at bringing some much-needed defense in. Right now a CB would be a lot more valuable than an iffy future with Horn on the team. All I gotta say to the organization is they better make good on it, ie bring in a quality D FA and/or make it to the Superbowl, or they will never hear the end of this.

Yeah, I kinda expected this eventually...I'm sure Joe is still pretty hurt that Payton didn't let him play in the playoffs. I don't think Payton did it because he wanted to prove anything though.

Couple of comments about the release of Joe Horn. NFL first and foremost is a business and because of that tough decisions have to be made regardless of a player's tenure with the team. From what I have heard, the Saints did make him an offer and he refused. Secondly Coach Payton is new to the Saints franchise and may not feel the loyalty to Horn as many long time Saint fans might. His job is to win games and perhaps he's simply sending a message to all the players that no player's job is safe unless they produce.

Couple of comments about the release of Joe Horn. NFL first and foremost is a business and because of that tough decisions have to be made regardless of a player's tenure with the team. From what I have heard, the Saints did make him an offer and he refused. Secondly Coach Payton is new to the Saints franchise and may not feel the loyalty to Horn as many long time Saint fans might. His job is to win games and perhaps he's simply sending a message to all the players that no player's job is safe unless they produce.

I don't think it has anything to do with whether Payton likes/dislikes Horn or whether he feels any loyalties towards him or not. Payton know that a Superbowl is more important to the fans and the team than Joe Horn is and in their minds they are comfortable with letting Horn go if it means they will save the cap space to bring in a defensive FA...they better friggin get on the ball quick tho because they are going fast. :D

According to Adam Schein of Fox Sports:

"League sources have confirmed to us that Horn failed his latest physical with the Saints. Thus, cutting him was a no brainer. In fact, the Saints did want to keep him at a lower number for this year, but Horn refused. And that's strange on 2 fronts; Horn knows he failed his physical and he told Sirius NFL Radio when he signed his extension a few years ago that he knew he would never see the back end of the deal."

Looks like there may actually be something here, Horn's agent is already in contract talks with Atlanta.

Horn in contract talks with Atlanta

our ex#3 oft injured wr is now gonna be the falcons #1 wr in vick's first year as a drop back qb. no problem there 1 down, 2 to go. c'mon tb do something stupid.