[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So, what's your favorite Rush song?

PantherDave

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just listened to "The Villa Strangiato" again, and I realise music is about taste etc. But bands like Rush, Zep and VH say VH1-Fair Warning were just so much more advanaced and talented than the crap that has come since then-sorry Grunge movement, not impressed at all. Rush is so classical music influenced the use of "crescendo" in the well, a rock symponhy like the "Villa" is a lost art. When someone like the incredible Al Dimeola can enjoy the talents of Rush it's a true statement in my opinion.

Also, Peart, who wrote most of the songs, only has his Masters Degree in English. Also, I believe they all have Masters Degrees in Music-ala Strings and percussions. I've never tried to verify that, but it's waht I've heard-Loaf??

Edited by PantherDave

Neil Peart..... still is the drummer and the best "percussionist" ever IMO.

2112 gets my vote

Wrong, the first album "Rush" the drummer was John Rutsey, and Peart's first album was "Fly by Night".

Edited by PantherDave

YYZ. :D

Edit:

Thanks for the link Evil, as that was awesome. I truly believe that Ludwig and Bach would have liked "Villa" and "YYZ"-for they are in essence "rock symphonies"-thanks again :tup:

Edited by PantherDave