[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Norwood ATL RB v Chambers MIA WR

paulzale

I am trying to work out a deal and I have Chambers, who I think is in for a better year. The other guy thinks Norwood is equal or better than Chambers, but I think Norwood is a project and a year or two off. Any thoughts?

Norwood definitely has a lot higher poetential. If I had to choose one of them to keep I would definitely go with Norwood. Heck, he is probably just as startable right now as Chambers is.

• 3 weeks later...

I am trying to work out a deal and I have Chambers, who I think is in for a better year. The other guy thinks Norwood is equal or better than Chambers, but I think Norwood is a project and a year or two off. Any thoughts?

norwood is worth two Chambers

Edited by MustOfBeenDrunk

Okay, there are several ways of answering your question. The first is their generic value, such as on a ranking sheet. For the current year, Chambers and Norwood will probably generate about the same fantasy points, although Chambers may perform slightly better (especially in a PPR league).

However, this is a dynasty league, and I have to believe that Norwood will have significantly more long term value than Chambers. So it comes down to a question of whether you are asking this question for points for this year's run -- or longer term Dynasty value.

However (and gang, it really helps if you let the rest of us know these things in your questions), their value also needs to be considered relative to your current roster and your depth at each position. If your running backs are exceptional, and you have good depth in that position, that lowers Norwod's value. If your receivers are weak or your bench is extremely shallow in that position, then your need for a second to third tier receiver increases.

:D SuperChiefs / John

Really tough call.

I like Norwood's upside a lot, but we'll know a lot more after the draft where ATL wants to go with its RB situation. Chambers is a legit #1 WR in the NFL, but is saddled with a team that has crap for QBing right now, and also has a very good D that allows MIA to keep its QB situation from having to work too much.

Given my nature as a gambler and all other things being equal (like roster/starting lineup/position scoring), I think I'd lean towards gambling on Norwood. The guy has some eye-popping gamebreaking speed and is decent size for a featured NFL RB. I think he'll take a decent workload & be more consistent than Chambers in the coming 2-3 years.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Without knowing how deepp you are at WR and RB, its hard to measure the risk.

With that in mind, all I can say is...

If Atl goes RB, then Norwood's value goes in the tiolet. Play it safe and stick with Chambers.

Edited by DKF

Without knowing how deepp you are at WR and RB, its hard to measure the risk.

With that in mind, all I can say is...

If Atl goes RB, then Norwood's value goes in the tiolet. Play it safe and stick with Chambers.

Not to mention that Petrino is talking about a power running game and not sure if Norwood fits that mold. I guess at worst he could end up with a thunder/lightning approach like they did in NY.

Like others have said, it depends on the draft and if the Falcons get Bush.