[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NCAA Hockey Tournament

SeductiveNun

Here are the brackets:

Midwest Regional

Notre Dame v. Alabama-Huntsville

Boston v Michigan State

East Regional

Maine v St. Cloud State

Massachusetts v Clarkson

West Regional

Minnesota v Air Force

Michigan v North Dakota

Northeast Regional

St. Lawrence v Boston College

Miami (Ohio) v New Hampshire

In the semi finals:

Midwest regional winner v East regional winner

West regional winner v Northeast regional winner

Without knowing a whole lot about the eastern schools, my prediction for the Frozen 4 are:

Midwest - Boston (I just don't see Notre Dame lasting in the big tourney)

East - Maine (This team is just so much better than the rest of their bracket)

West - Tough to say, either Minnesota or North Dakota. I'll do the homer pick and say the Gophers

Northeast - I have no idea about any of these teams. St. Lawrence just for giggles I guess.

Tournament winner - Minnesota (unless North Dakota comes out of the west, then North Dakota wins it all), with Maine the runner up.

Games start on Friday the 23rd. :D

I can't speak for the WEST at all but as far as the rest go.........

In the midwest, Notre Dame is pretty good and they get a walk in the first round but the winner will come from the BU/MSU game. BU is not as dominating as they have been in the past.

The northeast will go to UNH. They have it all. BC could challenge.

The East is absolutely wide open. Clarkson is very good but the ECAC can't hold Hockey East jock anymore so they may be overrated. Both UMass and Maine can play.

So since you asked, I'll go with MSU, UNH, UMass in the upset, & Minnesota (they're the #1 overall, I think)

I can't speak for the WEST at all but as far as the rest go.........

In the midwest, Notre Dame is pretty good and they get a walk in the first round but the winner will come from the BU/MSU game. BU is not as dominating as they have been in the past. :doh:

The northeast will go to UNH. They have it all. :tup: BC could challenge. :D

The East is absolutely wide open. Clarkson is very good but the ECAC can't hold Hockey East jock anymore so they may be overrated. :D Both UMass and Maine can play. :D

So since you asked, I'll go with MSU :clap: , UNH :clap: , UMass in the upset :D , & Minnesota (they're the #1 overall, I think)

Is this true? If so how good or bad are these SEC teams? :D

Six SEC teams have ice hockey:

Tenn

Ga

BAMA

SC

Fla

Vandy

Are those club teams? I haven't heard of any of them in Division I hockey. There are however a lot of club teams at D-I schools.

Is this true? If so how good or bad are these SEC teams? :D

Six SEC teams have ice hockey:

Tenn

Ga

BAMA

SC

Fla

Vandy

None of those teams play college hockey. They are all club teams. I pulled this from the Tenn website:

Q: Is hockey a varsity sport at Tennessee?

A: No, the Ice Vols are a non-varsity sport; sanctioned through the RecSports office, made up of players who are members of the Tennessee Hockey Club. The Tennessee Ice Vols are not affiliated with the UT Athletic Department and receive NO money from the UTAD.

So to answer your question, yes they have hockey but they are all club teams. They would get killed if they played any D-1 Hockey school.

Edited by Jolly Rodgers

None of those teams play college hockey. They are all club teams. I pulled this from the Tenn website:

Q: Is hockey a varsity sport at Tennessee?

A: No, the Ice Vols are a non-varsity sport; sanctioned through the RecSports office, made up of players who are members of the Tennessee Hockey Club. The Tennessee Ice Vols are not affiliated with the UT Athletic Department and receive NO money from the UTAD.

So to answer your question, yes they have hockey but they are all club teams. They would get killed if they played any D-1 Hockey school.

I didn't think the SEC was involved in hockey. Of course, that's probably good news for the D-1 schools who do participate. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Tournament winner - Minnesota (unless North Dakota comes out of the west, then North Dakota wins it all), with Maine the runner up.

Well, that didn't exactly go as I called it. :tup:

Championship game this Saturday is Michigan State v Boston College. North Dakota should have won that game, but for some reason completely imploded against BC in the 3rd period. :D

Also, Maine was up 2-0, and ended up losing 4-2 to Michigan State. Between this and my Masters picks, remind me not to go to Vegas................................ever. :D

Michigan State pulls the upset getting the game winner with 18.9 seconds left after trailing 1-0 for almost the entire game. :D

And after netting the go-ahead with 18.6 seconds left, puts in the empty-netter for a 3-1 final! Incredible! MSU is now the only school to win multiple national championships in football, basketball, and hockey. Eat it, Florida. :D

Peace

policy

PS: GO GREEN!!!

I have to admit, I thought Michigan State pretty much came out of nowhere to win this championship. I never game them a chance.

Congratulations to MSU! :D

At least the championship didn't move too far out east. :D

yea they were ranked 10th in the country in the last poll. I never thought they could win it all

yea they were ranked 10th in the country in the last poll. I never thought they could win it all

Wasn't Notre Dame ranked 2nd in the last poll? I didn't think they were good enough to win either. All I remember about watching Michigan State this year was in the college hockey showcase, and I was unimpressed. :D

So I was wrong, sue me.

:D