[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brown Recluse Spider Bite part II

rajncajn

So, I was talking to Mom yesterday about how their business sale is going. At the time that I called they were in the middle of pulling out all the junk that they'd collected over the years in preparation for a big yard sale. Long story short the company they sold their business to is leasing their house & shop for 2 years until they can establish their own on the island. In the meantime they will be living in a small cottage further up on the property. So, I ask my Mom how everybody is doing...she gives me the typical "everybody's doing good, the baby is getting big, your Brother is so great with her, the dogs are driving me nuts...yadda, yadda." Noticing she's left him out I say "So Mom" I say, how is Randle?" Randle is my Stepdad. "Well....he's doing...ok" my Mom says. "What's up?" I say hearing the hesitation in her voice. "Well, A few days ago he was bitten by a brown recluse spider." Me---> :tup: "what???" "Well he's going to be ok, but for the next few months he's going to be a bit...incapacitated because he was bitten three times on his ass and once on his balls." Me---> :D "WHAT???" "Yeah, it's pretty bad...he has this softball sized whelp on his ass and in the middle there's this big nasty looking, hole full of puss." :doh: Thankfully she didn't go into the gory detail of how his nads were, but she did say they were pretty bad. She said he can barely walk & they have him loaded up on antibiotics & vicodin. Apparently he'd went ahead & moved out into the cottage while my Mom was still staying in the house and the spider was getting into his bed at night. They think the bites actually occurred over the course of a few nights. They've since fumigated the whole place. :D

Edited by rajncajn

I was bitten by a spider when I was a teenager and the doctor said it was a recluse (which were common) but my wound was nothing like the one in the above picture. The back of my hand was swollen and when I woke up I had red streaks going up my arm (blood poisoning). I still have a small scar from where it bit me.

I should probably hate spiders more than ants but hey, I've already devoted my life's work to eradicating ants from the face of the earth... Or at least my yard.

I was bitten by a spider when I was a teenager and the doctor said it was a recluse (which were common) but my wound was nothing like the one in the above picture. The back of my hand was swollen and when I woke up I had red streaks going up my arm (blood poisoning). I still have a small scar from where it bit me.

I should probably hate spiders more than ants but hey, I've already devoted my life's work to eradicating ants from the face of the earth... Or at least my yard.

A guy at work got bit by one on his forehead. After he was absent a couple weeks he came back to work looking like a cyclops. They are some nasty f'kers. I know they are here in Florida as well as the annoying fireants. I found out the hard way I was allergic to those. Had to be rushed to the hospital. To those of you up north that don't know about fireants, come down south and step on one of their mounds. You'll find out soon enough. As for the brown recluse, I hope I never find out.

Oh, one more thing. For those of you that live in southern states(I believe that's where the brown recluse reside), always check your clothes and especially shoes before putting them on. I saw a special on TV about those nasty f'ks and ever since, I always shake out my shoes and clothes before putting them on. Can never be too cautious when it comes to them.

Holy crap man! They are nasty little f'ers. I hope every thing turns out ok for him. bad enough to be bitten by one of those things, never mind on the nads. :shudder: