[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Question for handymen

Jimmy Neutron

Question for handymen

I don't know the answer to this question because I am not handy. I bet bunz could answer this question but since you did not exercise political correctness, you have insulted her and women the world over.

Who speaks for the women...untateve speaks for the women.

How much space should I leave between a concrete floor and the bottom of my baseboards if carpet is bring installed? TIA

None. Put the carpet tight to the floor, and the installers will tuck the carpet to the baseboard. That way, when you replace the carpet down the road, it comes out much easier if you don't have to remove it from under the baseboard.

I design kitchens and sell flooring for a living. If an installer tells you anything different time to question their ability.

I don't know the answer to this question because I am not handy. I bet bunz could answer this question but since you did not exercise political correctness, you have insulted her and women the world over.

Who speaks for the women...untateve speaks for the women.

Unta is on a roll this week. A negative roll but a roll nonetheless! He might be DMD's fave, but he is losing it. He is so wrapped up in "hisself" that even his 'Big Green Egg' is getting pissed and refuses to cook properly.

He is responsible for wiegie's departure, a drop in the stock market, and, although it's a stretch, he is responsible for global warming and some terrorist attacks. This is not a private forum, so I speak freely.

I say ban Unta! He's maybe just a pimple on the ass of the world, but he needs censure!

Ban him forever and let him spew his vile on FBG! :D

Unta is on a roll this week. A negative roll but a roll nonetheless! He might be DMD's fave, but he is losing it. He is so wrapped up in "hisself" that even his 'Big Green Egg' is getting pissed and refuses to cook properly.

He is responsible for wiegie's departure, a drop in the stock market, and, although it's a stretch, he is responsible for global warming and some terrorist attacks. This is not a private forum, so I speak freely.

I say ban Unta! He's maybe just a pimple on the ass of the world, but he needs censure!

Ban him forever and let him spew his vile on FBG! :D

There you have it. RR attacks a man who accepts women as his equal. RR is a woman hater and he wraps his hate in the American flag. His propoganda would make Goebbels shiver. While his attempt at blasphemy against the BGE makes me chuckle, it assures him a front row seat in the 7th ring of Hell.

There you have it. RR attacks a man who accepts women as his equal. RR is a woman hater and he wraps his hate in the American flag. His propoganda would make Goebbels shiver. While his attempt at blasphemy against the BGE makes me chuckle, it assures him a front row seat in the 7th ring of Hell.

I rest my case. Unta has lost it! His references to me as a Nazi proves that. His reference to my supposed women hating is not worthy of a comment. The BGE is a communist plot and all REAL Americans buy a Weber.

I may wrap myself in the American Flag, but only to put commies like you in their place!

I rest my case. Unta has lost it! His references to me as a Nazi proves that. His reference to my supposed women hating is not worthy of a comment. The BGE is a communist plot and all REAL Americans buy a Weber.

I may wrap myself in the American Flag, but only to put commies like you in their place!

Although long suspected, it has become apparent that RR has fallen in love with me. Please do not think less of him--my boyish charm attracts men as well as women. He has discovered that his love for me cannot be returned--at least not in the manner he desperately needs. Sadly, his primary defense mechanism is reaction formation [ http://changingminds.org/explanations/beha...n_formation.htm ].

His attacks upon me cry out for someone to hug him. Sadly, I cannot be that person.

Although long suspected, it has become apparent that RR has fallen in love with me. Please do not think less of him--my boyish charm attracts men as well as women. He has discovered that his love for me cannot be returned--at least not in the manner he desperately needs. Sadly, his primary defense mechanism is reaction formation [ http://changingminds.org/explanations/beha...n_formation.htm ].

His attacks upon me cry out for someone to hug him. Sadly, I cannot be that person.

:D You guys need some time to yoursleves?

NTTAWWT

About a 1/2".

Or about the size of unta's man-love for the Big Green Egg.

Yup......cut yourself 3-4 short pieces (bout 4" in length ) off the baseboard ya got.....look for a bad spot to use up for this........spread them out for your spacers.......base is usually 3/8''.......leaves a nice reveal without leaving a gap by the carpet......

What if he or the next homeowner rips out the carpet and wants to leave the concrete floor or in my case over the weekend wants the hardwood floors? All of my base molding is 1/2 - 3/4 inches above the hardwood floor which means I need to take it all off, take the nails out and re-nail it the wall.

Not to mention the hardwood floor seems to be recessed too much from the wall so I'll have to add some quarter round.

Wouldn't it be best to do the base mold right to the floor and then the carpet to the base molding or tuck it under as stated earlier?

Bunz?

None. Put the carpet tight to the floor, and the installers will tuck the carpet to the baseboard. That way, when you replace the carpet down the road, it comes out much easier if you don't have to remove it from under the baseboard.

I design kitchens and sell flooring for a living. If an installer tells you anything different time to question their ability.

This is what I ended up doing for a couple of reasons. The baseboard my wife bought is 3.5" tall and I thought it would look goofy with that much showing after the carpet is installed. I also spoke with a neighbor who once installed carpet and he said it was OK to attach it right at floor level.

Thanks for your help.

Today I'm playing with my Rigid comound miter saw :D doing window and door casing. That laser guide is cool. :D

why would you have the baseboard on until after you installed said floor? take em off and and put them back on when flooring is done. Unless of course there was similar carpeting there before.

Not for carpet.

We install carpet every day with baseboards in place. We tell customers to put it in place first. Doesn't matter if it's concrete or plywood. The average life of a carpet in the US is 7 years. Hardwood or tile averages over 20 years of install time. Vinyl is closer to 10. It's changed due to wear or fashion, or the house is sold so new homeowners want to change. If you put the baseboards on first, you can get the carpet out without a great fight. If they're put on after you'll have to pull the baseboards before you begin the rip out process. And good luck not damaging them to a point of needing to be replaced.

This is what I ended up doing for a couple of reasons. The baseboard my wife bought is 3.5" tall and I thought it would look goofy with that much showing after the carpet is installed. I also spoke with a neighbor who once installed carpet and he said it was OK to attach it right at floor level.

Thanks for your help.

Today I'm playing with my Rigid comound miter saw :tup: doing window and door casing. That laser guide is cool. :D

Good. When she wants to replace it in five years :D , you'll really thank me!