[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MLB.TV

Menudo

This is my first year with MLB.com. I realize tonight's game is blacked-out, but, I was looking through some of the archives, and I am not getting any sound. The video is playing fine. Does anyone else use this ? I'm wondering if this is a common problem right now, as I tested this a few days ago and it worked fine.

I don't. Is this a service that you have to pay for?

Yeah and if I can remember its like 100 for the year and they have a monthly rate too. Never used it though.

Yes, I payed $119 for the entire year, and I got the premium version. Tomorrow I can download the MLB Mosaic, that lets you watch 6 games at once, and you can put in guys you want to watch (fantasy players), and it will automatically tell you when they are at-bat.

This is my first year with MLB.com. I realize tonight's game is blacked-out, but, I was looking through some of the archives, and I am not getting any sound. The video is playing fine. Does anyone else use this ? I'm wondering if this is a common problem right now, as I tested this a few days ago and it worked fine.

Did you turn your speakers on today? :D:D

I also bought the premium version this season since I moved to Pennsylvania and can't get the Yes Network here. I have watched several spring training games, and have had a problem with the sound once, and one that just flat wouldn't load audio or video (I e-mailed them about that one because it was the first game I tried to watch and I wasn't sure if my computer was causing some kind of issue, but they said it was technical difficulties on their end). So, I guess I'd say that your problem doesn't appear to be a completely isolated incident, but I'm not worried yet. If it starts happening all the time during the regular season, then I'll start to get upset. I'm just happy to have baseball back again though. :D

I was going to get it but it blacked out the Pirates on me.

There is a work-around, I'm told. You can use a public proxy server, which makes it appear that you are connecting from a different location. I hope it works. Even if it doesn't though, I still will enjoy the Mosaic to follow my fantasy baseball players. Also, even if the game is blacked-out, they show you a condensed game when it is over, which shows all pitches where something happens, and you can watch a game in 20-30 minutes.

I also bought the premium version this season since I moved to Pennsylvania and can't get the Yes Network here. I have watched several spring training games, and have had a problem with the sound once, and one that just flat wouldn't load audio or video (I e-mailed them about that one because it was the first game I tried to watch and I wasn't sure if my computer was causing some kind of issue, but they said it was technical difficulties on their end). So, I guess I'd say that your problem doesn't appear to be a completely isolated incident, but I'm not worried yet. If it starts happening all the time during the regular season, then I'll start to get upset. I'm just happy to have baseball back again though. :D

My sound is working fine now. Must have been something on their end.

Do they not blackout games if you buy the premium version? How can you get the Yankees from PA?

My guess is that Yankees games aren't blacked-out in PA.

Games are blacked out if you live in the local team's broadcast area. Being a Dodgers fan in NJ, that never happens for me (unless they're on a national ESPN or FOX broadcast), but the Yankees, Mets, and Phillies would all be blacked out for me.

Do they not blackout games if you buy the premium version? How can you get the Yankees from PA?

My guess is that Yankees games aren't blacked-out in PA.

They are for me but I get Yes.

Correct, the Yankee games are not blacked out on MLB.com here (Philadelphia area). Our local cable company is Comcast, and much to my surprise and disappointment, they don't even offer YES as part of a premium sports package or anything - you just flat can't get it. If you are thinking of buying a MLB.com package and want to see if a particular team is blacked out in your area, you can go to this page: :D , enter your info, and it will let you know.

So, did anyone actually get the MLB.com mosiac to work today? I can't get it to install properly, evidently they have been having a lot of similar issues with people.

Yes, it worked fine for me.

This is my first year with the baseball package, and I'm quite pleased. I had to go through my proxy server at work to avoid the blackout, but, I was able to watch the entire Pirated game in 700K, and had no issues at all.

I also watched several other games, including a couple from work :D

The Mosaic looks pretty cool too. It was working, but, I didn't have time to really mess around with it too much.

After further review........

've got to give a ringing endorsement to MLB.tv

This is my first year using it. I switched from Directv to Comcast (long story on why), so, I no longer get Fox Sports Pittsburgh. I have to use my work laptop for Pirates games, to use the proxy server and avoid the blackout. For the first two nights, it worked flawlessly and looks pretty good in 700K half screen (premium subscirption).

The other things that I find really cool is the next day or later that night, you can watch the condensed game. It shows the last pitch of each at-bat during the game (walk, strikeout, out, hit) and quickly moves right through. It only takes like 5-10 minutes per game. There is also a highlight reel that MLB.com puts together for each game. Also, the option to listen to either the home or away audio is available for each game.

I've only gotten to toy around with MLB Mosaic a little bit so far, but, it looks very cool. You can watch up to 6 games simultaneously, and load in your fantasy rosters or favorite players. It will alert you when they are at-bat or when they do something noteable.

Like I said, I'm loving this, and I wanted to give it an endorsement for any of you that may be on the fence.

Right now Directtv isn't blacking out fsp. If they don't I'm good but if they do I'll be ordering mlb tv.

No, they won't black-out Fox Sports Pittsburgh. I had directv every year until this year. You'll be o.k. However, you won't get every game like I will.......... :D

I went out and bough a monster S-Video cable and monster RCA miniplug and have my laptop running on my TV now. Surprisingly, it looks really good. Certainly not HD quality, but, pretty close to cable TV quality, and now I don't feel like I'm wasting my 60" TV..........now, it's almost time to sweep the Astros !!! :D:tup::D