[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Xbox 360 Live (online play)

Brentastic

Cool, there are a few of you. Maybe we could set up a tourny or something? :D I have a friend that just got it which is why I finally got a 50 foot ethernet cable to play online.

Maybe friday night we can geek out. One of us can create a lobby under: Online play>Lobbies. You can even set a password so only "us huddlers" can be in there. Anyways if anyone is interested in Friday night tourny pm me.

E2A: I won't get home from work until 8PM cst, probably won't be able to play until 9PM cst at the earliest.

Edited by Brentastic

Can't remember the amount of times a linebacker had a RB lined up in Madded and just ran right through him like Kitty Pride of the X-Men. Crap.

Haha.

What's his face in the movie The Break Up was playing Madden online and talking trash to a 10 yr old.

Madden sucks, HARD.

The ESPN/SEGA 2Kx games where much better.

Can't remember the amount of times a linebacker had a RB lined up in Madded and just ran right through him like Kitty Pride of the X-Men. Crap.

+1

I'm absolutely NOT going to be purchasing Madden '08. I've been buying Madden for years, and it's been slowly getting worse and worse every single year. It's almost as though they want to deter people from buying their poorly developed game. :D

I miss the days of ESPN 2k_ games... :D

+1

I'm absolutely NOT going to be purchasing Madden '08. I've been buying Madden for years, and it's been slowly getting worse and worse every single year. It's almost as though they want to deter people from buying their poorly developed game. :D

I miss the days of ESPN 2k_ games... :D

I don't think this is true at all. In fact for me the opposite is the truth, at least for the consoles that have been around for awhile, like pS2, Madden improved each year.

I do think the 360 version is a huge downgrade from the ps2 version but only because it is a new console and they have to work out the kinks. Madden 06 for PS2 is perfect in every way - tell me one flaw it has.

I am confident that the 360 Madden will improve drastically for 2008, at least I hope.

I don't think this is true at all. In fact for me the opposite is the truth, at least for the consoles that have been around for awhile, like pS2, Madden improved each year.

I do think the 360 version is a huge downgrade from the ps2 version but only because it is a new console and they have to work out the kinks. Madden 06 for PS2 is perfect in every way - tell me one flaw it has.

I am confident that the 360 Madden will improve drastically for 2008, at least I hope.

One flaw -- it's for PS2

I am NOT confident that 360 Madden will improve drastically. However, the regular XBOX version of Madden works for 360 and is also $10 cheaper, and on top of that it also has several features that appear to be stripped out of the 360 version. The reason I'm not so confident the xbox 360 version will improve is due to the fact that they had an entire year (just like all of the other console's) to create Madden '07, yet they still failed to add any new features, and actually dumbed-down the '07 version even more than the horrible '06 xbox 360 version.

And the other major reason we'll see very little change with Madden '08 for xbox 360....

Madden got lucky because they bought out ESPN rights, and therefor have the only exclusive rights to NFL players and their names. They are a monopoly without any competition. Any intelligent person knows that competition between businesses creates efficiency and drives innovation to excel over it's competition. The problem is that when a large corporation, such as EA Sports (Madden) existing without any sort of competition what-so-ever will have no motivation to achieve excellence or compelling products because it already dominates the market. When it comes to purchasing NFL console games, there is only one option. All that does is harm the consumer, which is you, me, and the rest of us NFL loving game players. That my friend, sucks big time. :D

One flaw -- it's for PS2

I am NOT confident that 360 Madden will improve drastically. However, the regular XBOX version of Madden works for 360 and is also $10 cheaper, and on top of that it also has several features that appear to be stripped out of the 360 version. The reason I'm not so confident the xbox 360 version will improve is due to the fact that they had an entire year (just like all of the other console's) to create Madden '07, yet they still failed to add any new features, and actually dumbed-down the '07 version even more than the horrible '06 xbox 360 version.

And the other major reason we'll see very little change with Madden '08 for xbox 360....

Madden got lucky because they bought out ESPN rights, and therefor have the only exclusive rights to NFL players and their names. They are a monopoly without any competition. Any intelligent person knows that competition between businesses creates efficiency and drives innovation to excel over it's competition. The problem is that when a large corporation, such as EA Sports (Madden) existing without any sort of competition what-so-ever will have no motivation to achieve excellence or compelling products because it already dominates the market. When it comes to purchasing NFL console games, there is only one option. All that does is harm the consumer, which is you, me, and the rest of us NFL loving game players. That my friend, sucks big time. :D

You definitely make some good points Grunt, especially the competition factor. And I definitely agree that the Madden 07 for 360 has a lot of features missing and is very stripped down - in fact I was very pissed when I first got the new Madden because you can't do a fantasy draft in franchise mode. However, having said all of that I still think they will get it right. The 07 version is really the first true version for the 360 and maybe I'm naive, but I think next year's version will be much improved. I can't imagine EA ignoring the swarm of complaints they received after 07 was released. We will see I guess. I will say this: If 08 disappoints as much as 07, I will officially go postal on dey a$$.