[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Congrats to Zach Johnson

Whiskey Pimp

So I am currently in Augusta as I work for a sports travel company and was the appointed host for our clients that are here. Here is my personal experience while getting chances to get onto the course a few times.

For me this was a truly amazing experience! Going in, I wasn’t sure if I would have a chance to get onto the course at all but I was obviously hoping for even a slight chance. I went to the Tuesday practice round and was able to bring my camera onto the course (practice rounds only). I took a ton of pics but I’ll have to wait to download them to see if they’re all still there (had camera issues). Walking the course is absolutely incredible as tv and pictures do not do the course justice as seeing it live. I got to walk the course and then see a few players very close up (Vijay, Sergio, Camillo Villegas and Tom “the other guy” Pernice Jr).

On Friday I had my first chance to attend the tournament live. I had 2 guests that dropped off their badges to me at 10:30am on Friday morning so I took the advantage of not needing to see any other clients until that evening to go onto the course and spend a few hours. I got there and had my lunch of 2 sandwiches and a coke for $4!!!! I then walked the course for a bit watching a few players here and there but I had a big plan. I then went and bought 2 adult beverages for $5 total and waited in line to get onto a grandstand (permanent seating structure for those not in the know). I waited for about 5 minutes in line and then I got my big chance. I went up to the second last row (top row was for Augusta members, press, etc) and sat in my seat waiting for the exact moment I had planned. My timing was perfect as I watched a few groups come through and all was good and the reason I was there was quickly approaching. At just over 1:30 EST I saw Tiger Woods approach the green on 11 (the start of famous Amen Corner). He ended up with a bogey on that hole so not a great start to my career of watching Tiger live. Then at 1:45 EST exactly, I had that adult beverage in my hand and watched Tiger woods tee off on 12 and put it in the water (par 3). He ended up with a bogey on that hole too. I then watched Vijay come through and a few more groups then I went for my next move. At 2:37EST exactly, I was against the rope and 8 feet away from Tiger teeing off with his driver at 15!!! I then walked a few other holes to catch some other players and then it was time to leave to get back to the hotel to meet with the clients.

On Saturday I had 2 guests bring back their badges at 5:15 and before they could even get into their car and out of the parking lot, I was on my way again to Augusta!!! It was freezing out there but I was there on the course at 5:30. I knew the round was ending in the near future so I went straight to the ropes at the 18th green. I saw fellow Canadian Mike Weir come up 18 and finish his round in not so stellar fashion. Then came the reason I went straight to 18 in the first place….here comes Tiger. This was going to be the third hole I’ve seen Tiger finish and, you guessed it, another bogey. I’ve seen Tiger Woods finish 3 holes live and all 3 were bogeys!!! After that I went to go find the leader Stuart Appleby to see if my jinx was for real or not. I waited at the 17th tee box and figured I’d follow him through to finish 18 and then leave. He went triple bogey on 17 and par on 18 so I think I am a jinx.

I never thought I’d get a chance to go on Sunday since why would anyone drop off their badges early so I set up and watched from my room. Then at 3:30 I get a call from a guest who is dropping off his badges in 5 minutes! I grabbed them from him and went back to the course for the third straight day. I knew I couldn’t stay long since I had some people dropping the badges off and heading back to Atlanta tonight. I got in and went straight to Amen Corner so I could watch the final group go through 11, 12 and 13. I got there with the third last group approaching which had the eventual winner in it. This was my chance to see Tiger play 3 holes and hopefully not bogey. He made par on 11, par on 12 and I was right there when he eagled 13 and was part of the incredible roar of the huge crowds. After watching that I had to bolt so I could get back in time.

This was a dream come true and an absolutely incredible experience!!!!

Congrats to (someone not named Tiger Woods) winning :D GB that prima donna losing. I'm sure all the media were crying buckets for hours.

Why hate? All the props to Zach, but you can't fault Tiger for being great. Frankly, I find it amazing how much the sports talk shows have gone on about all the things he did wrong. Yet he finished 2nd in a major. I mean, dude had a bad tourney and finished 2nd. Today in my local paper, there's a shot of him walking with a club snapped in half and a look on his face that was not very pleasant. And he finished 2nd.

In your opinion do you think watching the masters was as exciting as A-Rod hitting that walk-off Grand Salami the other night? :D

In your opinion do you think watching the masters was as exciting as A-Rod hitting that walk-off Grand Salami the other night? :D

Watching A-Rod go off in April? Been there, done that. Wake me up when he hits one in October.

Watching A-Rod get off in April? Been there, done that. Wake me up when he rubs one out in October.

:D:D:tup:

Actually this was meant as a joke.

You never got the memo, did you. Everyone takes you seriously. I'm just falling in line.

And whose problem is that? Not mine that everyone can have a sense of humor with everyone else but me. Tough sh1t if you don't like or can't kid around when I joke and have a mind of your own instead of just falling in line with the same old stale thinking. :D

My newb days are over and I can take the razzing along with shelling it out from time to time. Just try and relax instead of taking things too seriously. Hope this memo gets out.

Why hate? All the props to Zach, but you can't fault Tiger for being great. Frankly, I find it amazing how much the sports talk shows have gone on about all the things he did wrong. Yet he finished 2nd in a major. I mean, dude had a bad tourney and finished 2nd. Today in my local paper, there's a shot of him walking with a club snapped in half and a look on his face that was not very pleasant. And he finished 2nd.

If you didn't get to see the shot he made when he bent his club, you missed a fantastic golf shot! :D

He snapped the bent club in half and was allowed to replace it. If I would have tried that shot, my ball would have probably gone 3 feet and I would have broken both of my wrists :D (that's why I'm a firm believer in the "foot wedge").

Zach definitely didn't fold under the pressure, however, if it would have gone to a playoff, I don't think he would have kept it together.

But, congrats to Zach and his lifetime exemption to future Masters! :tup:

And whose problem is that? Not mine that everyone can have a sense of humor with everyone else but me. Tough sh1t if you don't like or can't kid around when I joke and have a mind of your own instead of just falling in line with the same old stale thinking. :D

My newb days are over and I can take the razzing along with shelling it out from time to time. Just try and relax instead of taking things too seriously. Hope this memo gets out.

OK, now we're both guilty of not getting a joke. Consider us even.

OK, now we're both guilty of not getting a joke. Consider us even.

:D:D