[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Interesting Gun Control For vs Against

DMD

Gun Control  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Does there need to be more stringent gun control laws?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure

Being a marksman and being able to utilize a firearm most efficiently in an engagement with a criminal are vastly different things.

When external factors, like innocent bystanders and armed resistance, are entered into the equation people who are excellent marksmen on the range may be terrible in a real fire fight.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

google jim zumbro outdoor life and read what happens to an outdoorsman who trys to speak his mind obout minimal gun control... the freaks came out in force and the NRA forced most if not all of his sponsors to drop him.... nothing like free speech in America....

F

or 40 years, Jim has been a spokesman and ambassador of good will for hunting. Through his tireless efforts as a teacher and lecturer on hunting and hunting skills, he has done more for the sport than any 250 of the yahoos who called for his blood.

Yes, but more gun regulation in and of itself is no solution. At most, it should be considered one part of a larger strategy to increase national safety, effectively treat the mentally ill, and enforce/enact effective gun-related criminal penalties without sacrificing 2nd Amendment rights.

This is a very complicated issue, and more effective gun regulation certainly figures into the equation. However, more regulation, blindly enacted in a knee-jerk fashion, would be a mistake IMO.

Yes, but more gun regulation in and of itself is no solution. At most, it should be considered one part of a larger strategy to increase national safety, effectively treat the mentally ill, and enforce/enact effective gun-related criminal penalties without sacrificing 2nd Amendment rights.

This is a very complicated issue, and more effective gun regulation certainly figures into the equation. However, more regulation, blindly enacted in a knee-jerk fashion, would be a mistake IMO.

On this we agree.

most cops i no cant hit a barn at 25 yards...

Why are your cop friends shooting at barns ?

I know some bad cows but this is a bit extreme

:D

As for the pt of thread , I am in favor of more stringent gun laws ...imo , its too easy to get a gun still in too many places in america

All it takes is one wacko to wipe out 32 people ...should not have been that easy for him to get a gun

I'm sorry, but isn't there a difference between marksmanship and gun use?

I don't know any of your specifics, but it sounds like you are bragging about your skill at shooting. I don't have any way of knowing that you would act apropriately with a handgun from what you are saying. Being able to take out a guy from 100 yards away on the run is impressive, if the guy you shot was actually just trying to catch the 5.19 train, not the killer on the lose, I guess it's a little less impressive...

You are right on one count, of course. I've never been involved in a shooting, and I did not mean to brag - only say that I shoot a whole lot more than the vast majority of LEOs.

I will say that the shooting games some of us play do help prepare for an ugly possibility. To "win" in IDPA competition, a shooter must properly use cover, use proper engagement rules ("slice the pie"), change mags and put rounds in the vitals and/or brain pan all in short order. While that is no substitute for the stress of bullets being fired back at you, the level of competiton does get the heart rate up. :D One reason these competitions are attended by LEOs is because they feel it does get them quality trigger time they don't receive through department training.

Another misconception is that I (one any other self-respectable gun nut :D ) would try to play hero in an inappropriate time or place. Nobody I know is looking for a fight. We just want to be prepared if one is brought to us.

Their setup is kind of lame, but indoor ranges will do that to you.

You are right on one count, of course. I've never been involved in a shooting, and I did not mean to brag - only say that I shoot a whole lot more than the vast majority of LEOs.

I will say that the shooting games some of us play do help prepare for an ugly possibility. To "win" in IDPA competition, a shooter must properly use cover, use proper engagement rules ("slice the pie"), change mags and put rounds in the vitals and/or brain pan all in short order. While that is no substitute for the stress of bullets being fired back at you, the level of competiton does get the heart rate up. :D One reason these competitions are attended by LEOs is because they feel it does get them quality trigger time they don't receive through department training.

Another misconception is that I (one any other self-respectable gun nut :D ) would try to play hero in an inappropriate time or place. Nobody I know is looking for a fight. We just want to be prepared if one is brought to us.

Their setup is kind of lame, but indoor ranges will do that to you.

Jimmy, it appears you take gun ownership quite seriously and I would never support legislation that would limit gun ownership to the extent that people who take this level of care (or even close to it) would not be allowed to own them.

That's probably the understatement of the year. :D

One more video - Julie Goloski. The girl has skilz. I :heart: her.

Edit to add:

:D

Well played sir, using the hawt french girl to convince me that what you do is not just run around in a basement with a bunch of sheets hanging and shooting at cardboard boxes with a bunch of middle aged guys who are just slightly too old for paintball. :tup:

Jimmy, it appears you take gun ownership quite seriously and I would never support legislation that would limit gun ownership to the extent that people who take this level of care (or even close to it) would not be allowed to own them.

There we have it. How do we let responsible Jimmy continue to do what he does while making sure loony Cho doesn't get to do his thing?

Because both are imperatives.

There we have it. How do we let responsible Jimmy continue to do what he does while making sure loony Cho doesn't get to do his thing?

Because both are imperatives.

:D:D:tup:

That is exactly what I am talking about.

Well played sir, using the hawt french girl to convince me that what you do is not just run around in a basement with a bunch of sheets hanging and shooting at cardboard boxes with a bunch of middle aged guys who are just slightly too old for paintball. :D

Never too old for paintballin'! :D

Gun control idea from typical democrat: http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...50310/0/OPINION

I read that on another site. There would be a lot of LEOs quitting out of principal in that scenario. Still more when their peers started getting shot in the process of carrying out that order. Never mind the logistical impossibility of it. :D