[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Direct connection iPod adapters

Furd

I have an adaptor that connects my ipod to my car stereo but it's not that brand. Anyways, they give you radio stations 87.1 - 88.5 to use and only one station works with your ipod (for mine it is 88.5).

It works very well IMO, there are times when the static will override my ipod or a radio station will override it but those times are rare. I've driven up to 400 miles and only in rural areas have I had those problems and like I said, it has rarely happened even in the rural areas. All in all I'm happy with it. The only other downfall is the volume level is very low because of the compressed files.

I have an adaptor that connects my ipod to my car stereo but it's not that brand. Anyways, they give you radio stations 87.1 - 88.5 to use and only one station works with your ipod (for mine it is 88.5).

It works very well IMO, there are times when the static will override my ipod or a radio station will override it but those times are rare. I've driven up to 400 miles and only in rural areas have I had those problems and like I said, it has rarely happened even in the rural areas. All in all I'm happy with it. The only other downfall is the volume level is very low because of the compressed files.

Direct (wired) connections are better than rfi, but I'm not familiar with the brand either.

never used one, but i found this note in the apple support forums:

Just checking back in post install of the product referenced in my last post. Big hit with my wife for Christmas, she actually thought I was getting her a whole new stereo and was surprised that I was even able to install it before Christmas morning without her knowing.

Easy install, worked right out of the box and took less than an hour. Integration to factory car stereo is seamless, no negative effects to any of the existing stereo functionality. The unit allows you to toggle between 'simple mode' and integration right from the stereo deck (not with jumper settings on the neo unit). Simple Mode allows you to navigate from your iPod via standard method while in the integration mode control from the iPod itself is 'locked out' and all navigation is done from the stereo unit (play list, song, etc.) In integration mode the play list and song title information display on the factory stereo unit. The integration controls take some getting used to but its nothing out of the ordinary and being able to switch over to simple mode right from the stereo is great because you can essentially toggle back and forth if you need to get to a certain song or something like that.

In a nutshell - great product, easy install, worked right out of the box, radio text display, steering wheel controls work, no functional disruption whatsoever to factory Toyota stereo or DVD function .

As I said up above before - don't bother with the tape input, the RF transmitter, or any of those other hack solutions. Go to a direct connection for you iPod and this one from NEO Car Audio is a polished solution.

Happy Holidays.

jswinks

Details:

2004 Toyota Sienna

Factory stereo with 6 disc, in dash CD and RSE (rear seat entertainment/DVD)

Orginal iPod v3 20gb

Neo ProLink iPod Adapter {PODTOYSLI} from Neo Car Audio

also found this ...

"PLEASE NOTE: If you want text display AND you are currently using XM SAT Radio - It MUST be Disconnected! Were sorry but there is no way to have iPod text AND SAT radio at the same time. You must choose. PLEASE ALSO NOTE. This adapter can be used in the non-text mode, when used in non-text mode, SAT Radio WILL continue to function. You will not have to disconnect SAT radio. This is important bc if you are currently using SAT Radio and are NOT ready to lose it, you can use the adapter in NON-TEXT mode, then when you are ready to disconnect SAT Radio, you can switch the module settings over to TEXT and your ready to go! If you are not interested in the TEXT feature at all, please see our other adapter PODHONR3V2Y, that came up when you searched for your car."

looks like you should be clear on all technical specs with your car stereo and satellite radio, if you have it. also seem to be many models available and it is key to find the right one ... looks like several people bought the wrong one out of confusion.

never used one, but i found this note in the apple support forums:

also found this ...

looks like you should be clear on all technical specs with your car stereo and satellite radio, if you have it. also seem to be many models available and it is key to find the right one ... looks like several people bought the wrong one out of confusion.

Thank you for your help.

I've heard the playback is static-y. Just buy a new car with the MP3 adapter built in.

The Neolink provides a direct connection. Its not an FM transmitter.

Do newer car stereos allow you to plug your iPod/MP3 player into it without having to remove the dash?

• 2 weeks later...

I recommend this thing.

About $180. They shipped it the day after I ordered it.

My friend and I installed it in about an hour. We just had to remove the radio and plug the adapter into the back of it. I have some menu control from my steering wheel.

If you're using an FM transmitter, you might want to look into it.

I recommend this thing.

About $180. They shipped it the day after I ordered it.

My friend and I installed it in about an hour. We just had to remove the radio and plug the adapter into the back of it. I have some menu control from my steering wheel.

If you're using an FM transmitter, you might want to look into it.

what thing, dude?