[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rick Spielman was on the Radio today

MikesVikes

link

He wants to let everyone know that AD has a bad shoulder so move on. :D

Scoopage or was that poopage. :D Did the dude come clean? You make the call.

I can hear all 31 teams right now saying..."Whew! Thank God we heard what Rick Spielman had to say. Cross AD off the list!"

Please...these subtly leaked nuggets a few days before the draft crack me up.

Here's the deal, that's not meant to scare away other teams because frankly they're not that stupid... this is being said to try to calm down all of the ticked off fans that are going to be calling for his head once they pass on Adrian Peterson for someone with a lot less appeal.

Edit: I wrote that above before listening to the clip. Now I see he was obviously just goofing around. No big deal there.

Edited by Savage Beatings

I think that Spielman said more than he should about the draft. Any mention of any name in the draft leads to the Vikings showing their hand as to if they like that particular player or they don't. Mentioning AD in the way that he did indicates he's interested in him, imo.

Obviously Spielman intended to show all the crazed fans that he knows what he's doing and just calm the f down. Of course now the Viking board is all hopping because they think he said too much.

I read into the fact that the Vikings do have a good deal of interest in Peterson. The radio personnel was surprised with how much Spielman talked about the draft even if it was meant to be scoopage or meant to misdirect other teams. I am too.

Edited by MikesVikes

IMO, the Vikings have been all over the board when talking about the draft and have smoke screened very well. One of the few compliments they've earned from me in a while.

I still think (and i've seen someone on ESPN earlier today with the same thought) that the Vikings would really like to trade down from 7 to pick up another pick or two but could very well be screwed by Washington beating them to the punch and end up having to stay at 7 and reach for someone they don't necessarily want to reach for.

I think that Spielman said more than he should about the draft. Any mention of any name in the draft leads to the Vikings showing their hand as to if they like that particular player or they don't. Mentioning AD in the way that he did indicates he's interested in him, imo.

Obviously Spielman intended to show all the crazed fans that he knows what he's doing and just calm the f down. Of course now the Viking board is all hopping because they think he said too much.

I read into the fact that the Vikings do have a good deal of interest in Peterson. The radio personnel was surprised with how much Spielman talked about the draft even if it was meant to be scoopage or meant to misdirect other teams. I am too.

The Battle of Wits has begun. :D