[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vacation Budgets

whoopazz

I know alot of you travel for leisure frequently. I haven't. But I just finished putting together a trip to Nova Scotia for a week in July for my family (4 total). Flying from Raleigh to Halifax, rent a car and tour the Island for a week. Right now, my costs are around $4,300, not counting the $400 I had to cough up for passports. Does this seem about right to those of you in the know? TIA.

I know alot of you travel for leisure frequently. I haven't. But I just finished putting together a trip to Nova Scotia for a week in July for my family (4 total). Flying from Raleigh to Halifax, rent a car and tour the Island for a week. Right now, my costs are around $4,300, not counting the $400 I had to cough up for passports. Does this seem about right to those of you in the know? TIA.

Doesn't sound too bad. I spent $5500 in Maui 13 years ago for 3 people! :D

On a big trip I usually look at $400-$500/day minus airfare. Side excursions can great pricy, especially if you include Helicopters/Plane tours or even water excursions.

Make sure you go to Peggy's Cove, NS. Great photo ops!

Have fun!

We spent about $5k on a Disney vacation last year. I thought it was a rip off, but my wife didn't.

This year we'll spend less than a grand on a local river trip for a family vacation.

I found out last night that I will also be going to San Diego in August. My wife is going down there to train some people on a computer system and I'm going down to keep her company for a few days. :D

Doesn't sound too bad. I spent $5500 in Maui 13 years ago for 3 people! :D

On a big trip I usually look at $400-$500/day minus airfare. Side excursions can great pricy, especially if you include Helicopters/Plane tours or even water excursions.

Make sure you go to Peggy's Cove, NS. Great photo ops!

Have fun!

Spending two nights in Mahone Bay to tour that, Lunenburg, and Peggys Cove. Can't wait.

I might need a tutoring session from you for posting a slideshow :D

We just got back from Disney. Spent 8 days between Disney and Newport Beach. My sister has a 2 mill plus home in Newport. We spent the first 4 nights with their family and then stayed at a hotel very close to Disney.

It was tough staying in the hotel after having access to all of their toys at their home. They had a maid, nanny, and gardner.

The trip cost us for 2 adults and 2 kids about 3k.

We spent about $5k on a Disney vacation last year. I thought it was a rip off, but my wife didn't.

This year we'll spend less than a grand on a local river trip for a family vacation.

I found out last night that I will also be going to San Diego in August. My wife is going down there to train some people on a computer system and I'm going down to keep her company for a few days. :D

Let us know when this trip will be and perhaps Chargerz, myself and some of the other SoCal Huddlers can arrange a time ot meet up for beers, etc.