[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How Pittsburgh Are You ?

Menudo

79%

77%.

I think BJ's and my N Wisconsin/UP upbringing allows us to penetrate all but the most indecipherable dialects. (i.e. "Hey, youse wanna go up nort to da cabin fer a kegger? Scold, so bring yer choppers and chooks")

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for starting this thread Menudo! Pittsburgh is where I was born and raised and it still draws me there like a magnet. I try to visit once a year but sometimes it just doesn't work out. Didn't go last year. Plan on being ther the weekend before Thanksgiving this year.

And it still amazes me how people still think Pittsburgh is a dirty city complete with smog. The steelmills are mostly gone people. Try a visit. Methinks you'll like it.

Now, I'm craving a Primante Bros. sammich. Thanks Menudo!

Thanks for starting this thread Menudo! Pittsburgh is where I was born and raised and it still draws me there like a magnet. I try to visit once a year but sometimes it just doesn't work out. Didn't go last year. Plan on being ther the weekend before Thanksgiving this year.

And it still amazes me how people still think Pittsburgh is a dirty city complete with smog. The steelmills are mostly gone people. Try a visit. Methinks you'll like it.

Now, I'm craving a Primante Bros. sammich. Thanks Menudo!

There is a Primanti's about a mile from my house. Good stuff there.

Had lunch at the one on Route 60 today. :D Oh and Sky didn't really care for the Primanti if I remember correctly. :D

Nothing like the original in the Strip District. Me and my buds used to catch a Bucs game and head over to Primantes after we were good and sh*tfaced. I remember the original before they expanded and opened up the dining room. You guys get yours with egg on it?

Nothing like the original in the Strip District. Me and my buds used to catch a Bucs game and head over to Primantes after we were good and sh*tfaced. I remember the original before they expanded and opened up the dining room. You guys get yours with egg on it?

The original, (not the dirty O), but the original Primantes was for sure better than the rest. I don't do the egg and really no one that I go there with does.

I had a guy look at me really strange the other day at Damons when I put the coleslaw on my burger. Must have been an out of towner.

Hey, the Pirates are 2nd place in the Central as we speak (were does this "Bucs" bs come from anyway?).

We called the Pirates the Bucs, or Buccos long before the Tampa football team arrived. Even used to have bumper stickers that read "Beat 'em Bucs".

Yeah, I'm wondering how long they can stay within reach of 500.

We called the Pirates the Bucs, or Buccos long before the Tampa football team arrived. Even used to have bumper stickers that read "Beat 'em Bucs".

Yeah, I'm wondering how long they can stay within reach of 500.

Well, I haven't been paying much attention to them (the Brewers tend to have their own problems) but if they have anything resembling a legit major-league roster that plays hard, they oughta be able to stay afloat in the teat-weak Central.

The one in the Strip is the best but I am still glad I have one of the expansion Primanti's very close by. No Egg for me either.

What area do you live Skippy? I saw you mention rt. 60. So I'm gonna guess McKees Rocks or Crafton?

I live in the South Hills area. I often work in the West End area so heading down to Crafton for lunch is often the way we go.

I live in the South Hills area. I often work in the West End area so heading down to Crafton for lunch is often the way we go.

I'm from the South Hills area myself. I lived in Mt. Lebanon, right next to the Dormont border. In fact, Keystone Oaks HS was right down the hillside from the house that I grew up in, but i couldn't go to school there. My only buddy that still lives in Pittsburgh lives in Greentree right off the main road. I'll have to let ya know the next time i come up. maybe we can hook up for a beer somewhere.

Having grown up in PA and having a few roommates from the Steel City, I have visited the city a few times, including one PSU / Pitt game when the two mascots got into a fight. :tup: I had a great time hangin' out with my friends and drinking at some of the bars at Shadyside and getting some fries at the O.

I am a little rusty on my Pittsburgh slang, but was able to post a 90. Glad to know that I can still come up for a visit and understand the language!! :D:D

Having grown up in PA and having a few roommates from the Steel City, I have visited the city a few times, including one PSU / Pitt game when the two mascots got into a fight. :D I had a great time hangin' out with my friends and drinking at some of the bars at Shadyside and getting some fries at the O.

I am a little rusty on my Pittsburgh slang, but was able to post a 90. Glad to know that I can still come up for a visit and understand the language!! :D:tup:

Mmmm, the 'O'

My best friends sister used to go to Pitt when we were still in high school. Every time we would visit, we would stop at the 'O' for a big basket of Fries and cheese. MMMMMM good !!! Back then, I could get away with eating garbage like that and not pay the price. :D:doh:

Are you guys Pittsburgh enough to know that when I posted a reference to the "dirty O" that I was indeed talking about the "O"?

Nope...... I didn't make the connection. :D

I didn't see that remark about the dirty 'O'... was it in this thread?

The other thing I remember from my trip down the Strip was some guy that had his head beat in that was bloody from looked like a baseball bat, and he was sitting on the curb waiting for the cops to talk to him about some altercation that happened just before we walked past... :D Let's say I kept my Penn State garb out of sight when walking around in enemy territory to make sure I didn't wind up like the guy we saw sitting on the curb. :D

I truly enjoy Pittsburgh and would like to visit again, but it is hard enough to go up to see my folks and my brother, let alone a trip to the 'burg.

Edited by PSULions

Are you guys Pittsburgh enough to know that when I posted a reference to the "dirty O" that I was indeed talking about the "O"?

You know I knew that Skippy :D