[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lost

justin

So there seems to be push by the writers to bring in characters that equate the island as some sort of purgatory or hell. First the helicopter woman who said that there were no survivors from 815 (all dead) and then Locke's father who confirmed that Locke was dead.

I'm not sure if we already knew that Locke's dad was Sawyer's parents con man, but it is another hugh connection between two of the passengers on 815.

I had been pretty down on Lost most of this season, but I thought that last nights show was good. Only three more left.

I feel like the writers are trying to throw people off the popular purgatory arguement (to which they have denied).

I feel like I should have come off watching last night's episode satisfied, but I was not.

Edited by TDFFFreak

So there seems to be push by the writers to bring in characters that equate the island as some sort of purgatory or hell. First the helicopter woman who said that there were no survivors from 815 (all dead) and then Locke's father who confirmed that Locke was dead.

I'm not sure if we already knew that Locke's dad was Sawyer's parents con man, but it is another hugh connection between two of the passengers on 815.

I had been pretty down on Lost most of this season, but I thought that last nights show was good. Only three more left.

i don't think they ever explicitly said before last night that locke's dad was the con man sawyer was looking for, but i think it was one of those coincidences that people inferred. and i think the writers do want people to reconsider the purgatory/hell theory, but it doesn't explain how penny detected the signal.

my theory: locke is the one with healing powers, not the island. or it's some combination of locke and the island together. ben said he got better with locke around, and they showed locke's bitten hand, which had already healed just a few days later. plus locke's broken leg healed pretty quickly, too. i think ben may have figured this out, so the others kidnapped locke's dad by staging the car accident and then drugging him for the trip (just as juliet had been drugged -- although without the sub, i'm not sure how they got him there). ben wanted to test his theory by having locke kill his father, but i think whatever locke's healing power is, it prevents him from killing anyone. that's why the russian is still alive. when sawyer told locke to kill his dad himself, locke said, "i can't," meaning that he really couldn't -- he didn't think his dad would die if he tried killing him, so he needed sawyer to do it. anyway, i'm sure there are probably hugh holes in this theory, but what's what i think.

also, as far as the plane crash wreckage, naomi said it was found in some deep-sea trench. assuming the others are pretty powerful (or know powerful people), wouldn't it make sense that they could have someone SAY the wreckage was found with everyone dead on board, and then use the media to make it fact? the wreckage is supposedly in a place that no one would be able to confirm without some heavy-duty equipment, which i think is a little convenient.

one other thing i thought of: michael and walt are still out there. if the others are really hiding the truth about what happened to flight 815, then they'd have to make sure michael and walt don't blow it, meaning they really didn't let michael and walt go free. michael and walt left in last year's finale. my bet is they return in this year's finale.

one other thing i thought of: michael and walt are still out there. if the others are really hiding the truth about what happened to flight 815, then they'd have to make sure michael and walt don't blow it, meaning they really didn't let michael and walt go free. michael and walt left in last year's finale. my bet is they return in this year's finale.

I've been waiting for them to return too. I remember Desmond tried to leave on a boat last year and he said he couldn't, as the boat kept coming back to the island, if i remember right. Figure the same thing will happen to Michael and Walt.

Edited by BillyBalata

I've been waiting for them to return too. I remember Desmond tried to leave on a boat last year and he said he couldn't, as the boat kept coming back to the island, if i remember right. Figure the same thing will happen to Michael and Walt.

Makes sense that they would not want to be found by the others or the airplane passangers ... they both are threats to them now.

....but it doesn't explain how penny detected the signal.

Penny hired those people at the north or south pole that detected the bearings. remember they called her in the middle of the night to inform her that they found him?

others kidnapped locke's dad by staging the car accident and then drugging him for the trip -- although without the sub, i'm not sure how they got him there

The sub was blown up after Cooper was already on the island.

Not necessarily. The Others might have been able to give Walt and Michael coordinates or bearings to follow that were true. Desmond didn't have that benefit. Of course, that all assumes the Others were playing it straight with Walt and Michael, and I doubt they were.

Not necessarily. The Others might have been able to give Walt and Michael coordinates or bearings to follow that were true. Desmond didn't have that benefit. Of course, that all assumes the Others were playing it straight with Walt and Michael, and I doubt they were.

ben did give michael a bearing. he said to keep following 325 degrees (or something like that -- i remember it was in the 300s). of course, ben knew where that bearing would lead michael, so he and walt could just be in another prison or something.

Penny hired those people at the north or south pole that detected the bearings. remember they called her in the middle of the night to inform her that they found him?

sorry, i was unclear. what i meant to say was that the fact that penny's people detected that signal at all leads me to believe the purgatory/hell stuff is a red herring, unless we're to believe that the signal came from somewhere in the afterlife.

The sub was blown up after Cooper was already on the island.

you're right, i totally forgot about that. now it makes even more sense that they kidnapped him. so since locke knows that people can travel to and from the island via the sub, and locke already has shown to be a smart guy, there's no way i can believe that locke thinks there's a magic box.