[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Clemens Signs with Yanks

jaxfactor

umm, this is a bit of a leap, Clemens name has NEVER been associated with ANY sort of steroid use and has remained consistently dominant throughout his career. Bonds on the other hand, while always a great player, never hit (or even really approached)40 HRs until he moved to BALCO-land(his high was 34 while with Pittsburgh), and never hit 50 until he exploded for 73 at the height of the "steroid era". Clemens has won 20 or more three times before he was 30 and three times after, has had an ERA under 3.00 six times under the age of 30 and six times after. Clemens had arguably his best season ever at age 23, Bonds at 37!

:D Honestly, that last one was really just fishing. I do, however, stand by everything else I said.

seriously?!?! you don't see the difference between the two?

Dude, what I'm saying is that I was just seeing who would bite if I even threw the dots out there to be connected. Do I think Clemmons is a total ass? Yes. Do I have any credible reason to think he roided up? Certainly not.

umm, this is a bit of a leap, Clemens name has NEVER been associated with ANY sort of steroid use and has remained consistently dominant throughout his career. Bonds on the other hand, while always a great player, never hit (or even really approached)40 HRs until he moved to BALCO-land(his high was 34 while with Pittsburgh), and never hit 50 until he exploded for 73 at the height of the "steroid era". Clemens has won 20 or more three times before he was 30 and three times after, has had an ERA under 3.00 six times under the age of 30 and six times after. Clemens had arguably his best season ever at age 23, Bonds at 37!

:D This is great. Clemens gets a free pass from everyone- he is the epitome of Roids. Kuods for not having it ever come up, but if anyone was on them it was Clemens. Has nothing to do with his best season, it has to do with having the same velocity after the age of 40 that he had at 25.

There was a great article on how pitchers benefit from Roids much more than hitters. Basically due to recovery time, and being able to add that all important extra 5-7 mph on the fastball.

You ever notice how many pitchers get caught for Roids?

Bonds/Clemens- these guys BOTH did roids/HGH- whatever you want to call it. The entire era is tainted because of it.

I can't stand the SOB- spending time with his family on all these off days? please - Phil Garner was on ESPN radio stating how the "family time" was actually golf tournaments and hunting/fishing. It is an insult to all his teammates that show up everyday.

I hope the Yankees don't even sniff the playoffs.

Edited by wildcat2334

I hope the Yankees don't even sniff the playoffs.

Well, that's about all you can do. Cause there's no way they're not making the playoffs and most likely will do so by winning the division. Not trying to bust chops just stating the obvious.

You should quit hoping they don't as it must be a hugh disappointment every year when they do. :D

Edited by irish

Gotta give props to Clemens. The Yanks pitching sitch is a disaster right now so he cashes in big time with the false hopes that he carries them to the promised land. Cha-Ching!

Oh, the Pirates have a few young arms Yanks. We'll send them to you. Make sure you give us some good garbage. :D

Well, that's about all you can do. Cause there's no way they're not making the playoffs and most likely will do so by winning the division. Not trying to bust chops just stating the obvious.

You should quit hoping they don't as it must be a hugh disappointment every year when they do. :D

The Yankee's win the division? Not.

They can't compete with the Sox. The Bosox pitching staff is outstanding and the Yankee's ......average at best. Keep spending that money George :D

Gotta laugh at all those saying there's no way the Yanks make the playoffs. Dude, they're six games out in freaking May. I'm going to go out on a limb and say bigger gaps have been made up in less time. I'm no Yanks fan but them throwing a ton of jack at Clemmons is not a bad idea. There's no cap, so unlike the NFL, this overspending will not come back to bite them in the ass in terms of product on the field down the road. If Steinbrenner has the the cash, why not spend it? They're certainly not worse off for having done this. It's not like there were any better options that could have been had for less out there and pitching is obviously where they need help.

They also didn't trade away any prospects.

Obviously, he alone is not going to be enough to do this. They're going to need others to step up. That said, Ming Wang had a great game his last outing, others will eventually get of the DL. If they can stay only 6 games out come late July and get healthy, it'll be "deja vu all over again".