[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Clemens Signs with Yanks

jaxfactor

Well the Yanks just bought themselves another World Series. :D

I wish him and the Yanks all the worst. F'n prostitute.

I thought the same thing when I heard the news. I have to say I am surprised that he is doing this to his legacy.

Really smacks of what Jordan did at the end of his career!

I thought the same thing when I heard the news. I have to say I am surprised that he is doing this to his legacy.

Really smacks of what Jordan did at the end of his career!

How is that? Jordan was a shell of himself with the Bullets, Clemens has been one of the best pitchers in baseball the last couple seasons. :D

How is that? Jordan was a shell of himself with the Bullets, Clemens has been one of the best pitchers in baseball the last couple seasons. :D

Just a bunch of wishful-thinking haters. Time will tell.

Retire then unretire then retire then unretire then reitre. I was and still am a hugh fan of both Jordan and Clemens. I just think that the way Clemens is bouncing around pitching partial seasons is tarnishing his image is all!

As for the image he's tarnishing, that dude has gotten more of a free pass than any pro player I've ever seen. I've never liked the dude which started with the fact that he made a point of hitting the one player who always seemed to own him (Piazza, and no, it's not like I'm a huge fan of his). I mean, not only did he go after him every time, he threw a freaking broken bat at him! Somehow that got written off as, "heat of the moment". How do you get confused and inadvertantly throw anything at a baserunner? Is that the first time he'd ever encountered a broken bat?

I mean, people go beyond saying what a great pitcher the guy is and claim that he's a great guy. If they're willing to look past the fact that he seems like a total prick, I'm sure they can look past the fact the retire/unretire thing as well.

As for the Yanks, he's certainly going to make them better and there's no need to wonder about bang for the buck since there's no cap in MLB.

Just a bunch of wishful-thinking haters. Time will tell.

When do Yankee fans stop being so cocky and Patriot like? 2 or 3 more seasons without World Series, how long will it take?

Tha Yankees aren't winning it this year. AP is old, RC is old and the only decent starter has been Wang and he's been hurt a lot. Mariano ain't even a gimme anymore.

They'll be lucky to make the playoffs this year.

Well the Yanks just bought themselves another World Series. :tup:

Yup. :D

They can barely play 500 ball with one of the hottest players on the team they have now, adding one pitcher is going to vault them right over everyone! :D

They can barely play 500 ball with one of the hottest players on the team they have now, adding one pitcher is going to vault them right over everyone! :D

+1

Clemens is a good pitcher so that now gives the Yankees 1 good, healthy pitcher. Either the rest of the rotation has to get/stay healthy or they will have to get more pitching help from somewhere.

When do Yankee fans stop being so cocky and Patriot like? 2 or 3 more seasons without World Series, how long will it take?

Tha Yankees aren't winning it this year. AP is old, RC is old and the only decent starter has been Wang and he's been hurt a lot. Mariano ain't even a gimme anymore.

They'll be lucky to make the playoffs this year.

Not one but two fish on!!! Guys, I was just throwing those lines out there in hopes to jumpstart some thoughts and have a little fun. In reality as a Yankee fan, I haven't been pleased with the way they've been doing business over the last several years. Paying way too much for over the hill/washed up players that don't get us anywhere. However, I don't for one second fool myself, the Yankees will most likely win the division and be in the playoffs again this year. Regardless of how much they spend and/or who they give up to try and get better, we win the division, are in the playoffs and compete for the WS every year and that truly makes other fans of teams jealous. See you all in the playoffs!! With a rotation consisting of Wang, Pettitte, Clemens, Mussina and one other (Hughes, Rasner, Desalvo, etc. as a #5) Has the chance of being very solid matching up with anyone and our offense is unmatched in all of baseball. We've had one of the worst starts in years and are still in second place behind Boston by only six games. Our division and the rest of the league should be very afraid when we get healthy and come storming back, which will eventually happen. :tup:

Edited by irish

I mean, people go beyond saying what a great pitcher the guy is and claim that he's a great guy. If they're willing to look past the fact that he seems like a total prick, I'm sure they can look past the fact the retire/unretire thing as well.

so let me get this straight, Joe Thomas skips the draft, quite possibly the most important day of his young life, so he can go fishing with his dad and everyone on these boards say what a great guy he is for choosing to spend time with his family, but Clemens demands to be able to go back home on his non pitching days so he can spend time with his family and attend his sons' sporting events and he gets the reputation of being a prick?!?! make up your minds fellas

so let me get this straight, Joe Thomas skips the draft, quite possibly the most important day of his young life, so he can go fishing with his dad and everyone on these boards say what a great guy he is for choosing to spend time with his family, but Clemens demands to be able to go back home on his non pitching days so he can spend time with his family and attend his sons' sporting events and he gets the reputation of being a prick?!?! make up your minds fellas

IMO, these are 2 different scenerios. There's a guy getting drafting where his presence or lack of, really didn't impact what happened. He'll get a contract, be in camp when it matters and help his team. Clemens is breaking long-standing, basic Yankee protocal. He's being paid the most amount of money ever paid in baseball history and doesn't even need to be around the team when he's not pitching. He could be helping the younger pitchers, basically every pitcher, get better and yet has the option, which he will exercise at some point to just up and leave. BS. He better win every game he starts and pitch complete games. :D

Edited by irish

They're interviewing the Kentucky catcher who caught him in his workout today. What a joke. Fricken ESPN sometimes.

Tis a little overboard. :D

Do you really think THAT is why I think he's a prick? I think it's great that he wants to be with his family. I think he's a prick because he's a bitter freaking prick. Once again, I was baffled that he was never punished for the fact that he kept hitting the same batter over and over, then went at his head, then threw a freaking broken bat at him. Nobody cared.

Other pitchers have bad nights and just say, "I guess I didn't have my stuff". Clemmons has one and complains about his hammy or shoulder or the strike zone.

I was talking about this yesterday with one of my employees who's a life long Yankee fan who also lived in Boston for some time and, while he certainly welcomes Clemmons 'cause he know they need the pitching, and is certainly happy Clemmons helped them win a WS before, he is equally baffled by his reputation as anything more than simply a great pitcher.

Lastly, let's just say Barry Bonds isn't the only player in MLB who got a lot bigger as he got older and found a rather mysterious fountain of youth.

Lastly, let's just say Barry Bonds isn't the only player in MLB who got a lot bigger as he got older and found a rather mysterious fountain of youth.

umm, this is a bit of a leap, Clemens name has NEVER been associated with ANY sort of steroid use and has remained consistently dominant throughout his career. Bonds on the other hand, while always a great player, never hit (or even really approached)40 HRs until he moved to BALCO-land(his high was 34 while with Pittsburgh), and never hit 50 until he exploded for 73 at the height of the "steroid era". Clemens has won 20 or more three times before he was 30 and three times after, has had an ERA under 3.00 six times under the age of 30 and six times after. Clemens had arguably his best season ever at age 23, Bonds at 37!