[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Electric company was charging me the wrong meter

TimC

The cluster that was building the house continues...

I get a call from the Hillbilly Electric Co-Op. It appears they wrote down the wrong meter number to bill my house. Been in there since September and the customer service rep says she needs to figure out the numbers after I asked are we talking $100 or $1,000 and she said it'll probably be closer to $1,000. :D

She said no late charges would apply. I guess it's best they caught it sooner rather than later.

I don't claim to be the smarterest person in the world but when I moved to Hillbilly Virginny, the IQ of the entire county doubled.

I get a call from the Hillbilly Electric Co-Op. It appears they wrote down the wrong meter number to bill my house. Been in there since September and the customer service rep says she needs to figure out the numbers after I asked are we talking $100 or $1,000 and she said it'll probably be closer to $1,000. :D

She said no late charges would apply. I guess it's best they caught it sooner rather than later.

I don't claim to be the smarterest person in the world but when I moved to Hillbilly Virginny, the IQ of the entire county doubled.

Gee, really sporting of them not to charge you freaking late fees. I love it when they even bother to mention those types of things. It's like they're planning on using it as a bargaining chip. "Remember sir, we did waive the late fees." Like now you owe them a favor.

Yeah, this happens a lot. You would think that if your only job was to drive around and write down 4 numbers from a meter, that any monkey could do it. But I guess they aren't big enough monkeys. [/Chief Wiggum]

And you should be paying anything on someone else's electricity usage why? It's their mistake not yours. You shouldn't have to pay. If the nuber is big enough you may want to consider fighting it.

Ooooo......stay on top of that one, Tim. Had a similar thing happen a few years ago. Meter reader read the meter wrong....like dyslexic-wrong. Next thing I know.....I get a one month $500 bill. :D

It took 2 weeks to convince them THEY read it wrong in the first place......LOL. Then another 3 months for them to credit my bill correctly. Apparently....in addition to not being able to READ a meter.....they can't add and subtract either. :tup:

As an aside....one little flamer customer service rep got a HUGH attitude with me and was fired. :doh: It was recorded....he'd "not so subtly" said I was lying when I gave him the real number of the meter. :D

And you should be paying anything on someone else's electricity usage why? It's their mistake not yours. You shouldn't have to pay. If the nuber is big enough you may want to consider fighting it.

Well.....he should pay for his own usage....right? So they'll have to calculate what he should have paid and back out what he DID pay. Just like they'll be crediting the other owner for electricity they didn't use.

As an aside....one little flamer customer service rep got a HUGH attitude with me and was fired. :D It was recorded....he'd "not so subtly" said I was lying when I gave him the real number of the meter. :D

Awesome.

Well.....he should pay for his own usage....right? So they'll have to calculate what he should have paid and back out what he DID pay. Just like they'll be crediting the other owner for electricity they didn't use.

Stop being so damn feminine Bunz. I'm trying to raise his bloodlust and send him off into battle.

You think they'll really contact the customer who has been overpaying? If that customer isn't complaining, then why rock the boat with two customers. :D