[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

antidepressants

isleseeya

Not sure ( and hope not ) if any huddlers have been battling any form of depression and anxiety and are taking antidepressants ..I throw this out there because since my early 20's ( I am 36 now ) I have had some bouts with depression and anxiety ...I was really good from 25 to 34 on zoloft ..then it stopped working and I tried a few others ..nothing really did the trick the way zoloft did and I was started to believe maybe there would be no med that would help

Well I am on cymbalta and it is amazing ..I heard from a friend how much it helped her and it has been really effective for me

If any huddler is struggling and on meds that they feel are not helping , should try consider using cymbalta and speaking to dr about it

Sorry to dump all this out now but anyone dealing with this knows how tough it can be and I figured if I can help even one huddler , with this post , well then it was well worth posting

PS I have a lot of info on the different types of meds so if anyone wants any info or has questions ( even on cymbalta ) please feel free to PM me

Not sure ( and hope not ) if any huddlers have been battling any form of depression and anxiety and are taking antidepressants ..I throw this out there because since my early 20's ( I am 36 now ) I have had some bouts with depression and anxiety ...I was really good from 25 to 34 on zoloft ..then it stopped working and I tried a few others ..nothing really did the trick the way zoloft did and I was started to believe maybe there would be no med that would help

Well I am on cymbalta and it is amazing ..I heard from a friend how much it helped her and it has been really effective for me

If any huddler is struggling and on meds that they feel are not helping , should try consider using cymbalta and speaking to dr about it

Sorry to dump all this out now but anyone dealing with this knows how tough it can be and I figured if I can help even one huddler , with this post , well then it was well worth posting

PS I have a lot of info on the different types of meds so if anyone wants any info or has questions ( even on cymbalta ) please feel free to PM me

I had a battle with panic attacks several years ago. This was probably about 7 years ago now. I was visiting a friend of mine and then boom, out of the blue, I just felt like I couldn't breathe right, which led to severe panic attacks. It turns out that I needed nasal surgery to fix a deviated septum, but, the panic attacks and anxiety remained for a while. When I say severe, I'm talking about not feeling comfortable being awake or in my own skin. I saw a couple of psychiatrist and tried many different medicines. I'm now about 3 years medicine free, and I have to say that going through and getting over the anxiety and panic attacks was the toughest thing I've ever gone through and I wouldn't with that on anyone. I've always been a happy guy who led a pretty blessed life, so, it was amazing to me how quickly it him me and how strange the thoughts in my head were, and how I could allow those thoughts to frighten me. Looking back now, it seems odd that I would allow the panic attacks to come, but, back then, fighting them off was a constant battle, and was much easier said then done. I can completely understand how these diseases can ruin people's live, as fighting them is no easy task. Like I said, toughest thing I ever dealt with, but, in the end, I know it made me a stronger person. I was able to handle my Dad's death better due to my experiences in getting over the anxiety. I've spent countless hours on message boards since then trying to help people who shared in the problems that I had, as my heart truly goes out to them, and I feel I can help.

Onto your point about Cymbalta, that is the medicine that eventually worked best for me. I never had serious depression, other than what comes naturally with anxiety and panic, but, Cymbalta really helped me as well. The other advice I give to people is to do as much research as possible, and try several different things that you find recommended, even if they seem strange at the time.

I give you credit for coming out with this, and, if there is anyone on these boards that ever has issues, feel free to PM me regarding them. I have a lot of experience in dealing with anxiety and panic attacks, and will try to help.

I had a battle with panic attacks several years ago. This was probably about 7 years ago now. I was visiting a friend of mine and then boom, out of the blue, I just felt like I couldn't breathe right, which led to severe panic attacks. It turns out that I needed nasal surgery to fix a deviated septum, but, the panic attacks and anxiety remained for a while. When I say severe, I'm talking about not feeling comfortable being awake or in my own skin. I saw a couple of psychiatrist and tried many different medicines. I'm now about 3 years medicine free, and I have to say that going through and getting over the anxiety and panic attacks was the toughest thing I've ever gone through and I wouldn't with that on anyone. I've always been a happy guy who led a pretty blessed life, so, it was amazing to me how quickly it him me and how strange the thoughts in my head were, and how I could allow those thoughts to frighten me. Looking back now, it seems odd that I would allow the panic attacks to come, but, back then, fighting them off was a constant battle, and was much easier said then done. I can completely understand how these diseases can ruin people's live, as fighting them is no easy task. Like I said, toughest thing I ever dealt with, but, in the end, I know it made me a stronger person. I was able to handle my Dad's death better due to my experiences in getting over the anxiety. I've spent countless hours on message boards since then trying to help people who shared in the problems that I had, as my heart truly goes out to them, and I feel I can help.

Onto your point about Cymbalta, that is the medicine that eventually worked best for me. I never had serious depression, other than what comes naturally with anxiety and panic, but, Cymbalta really helped me as well. The other advice I give to people is to do as much research as possible, and try several different things that you find recommended, even if they seem strange at the time.

I give you credit for coming out with this, and, if there is anyone on these boards that ever has issues, feel free to PM me regarding them. I have a lot of experience in dealing with anxiety and panic attacks, and will try to help.

Thanks menudo ..I agree and can relate with so much of what you wrote ...my family has had a history with this so we have a lot of experience ..unfortunately

I am glad you are doing better and I agree if any help is needed to anyone out there feel free to ask

Thanks again menudo

Some good info here!

That's how they market cymbalta....isn't it? To try if other medications aren't working anymore?

Glad it's working for you guys! Nice to see something work as advertised. I'm going to tell a few friends about it now. Thanks! :D

Some good info here!

That's how they market cymbalta....isn't it? To try if other medications aren't working anymore?

Glad it's working for you guys! Nice to see something work as advertised. I'm going to tell a few friends about it now. Thanks! :D

Thanks steelbunz ...cymbalta is also the newest of these drugs and apparently llittle or no side effects and very effective

Good luck

Takes a lot of guts to come on this board and admit this, not to mention offer your help to others in the same boat. :D

Takes a lot of guts to come on this board and admit this, not to mention offer your help to others in the same boat. :D

The huddle is such a great place and is very helpful in so many ways figured it was good idea to try and chip in with any help that is needed for this topic

Word. My wife's sister is having a hard time right now and is "between meds." Thanks.

:D agreed...I think this affects a lot more people than most want to admit.