[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tim Duncan........

wildcat2334

Duncan continues to amaze me. For all the props and flash of Kobe, LBJ, Wade, Dirk, Nash..... Duncan is still the best player and MVP of the league. He is remarkable in his play both O and D, consistency, he is an awesome teammate, and he will lead the Spurs to yet another title this year. Take away the stupid foul y Ginosely last year, and the Spurs would be looking to defend their title this year as they would have dummied the Heat.

The big fundamental is boring, and doesn't get the publicity of the other stars, but he is still the most efficient, dominate player in the game.

I hate the Spurs as well, Parker, Bowen, Ginosely, cannot stand them- but Tim Duncan is flat out incredible, and will go down as one of the all-time greats when it is all said and done. The best player in the NBA for the last decade and it isn't really even close.

Assuming the Spurs win it- we are talking about 4 rings, two regular-season MVP awards, at least 3 finals MVP's and nine first-team All-NBA nods.

Duncan continues to amaze me. For all the props and flash of Kobe, LBJ, Wade, Dirk, Nash..... Duncan is still the best player and MVP of the league. He is remarkable in his play both O and D, consistency, he is an awesome teammate, and he will lead the Spurs to yet another title this year. Take away the stupid foul y Ginosely last year, and the Spurs would be looking to defend their title this year as they would have dummied the Heat.

The big fundamental is boring, and doesn't get the publicity of the other stars, but he is still the most efficient, dominate player in the game.

I hate the Spurs as well, Parker, Bowen, Ginosely, cannot stand them- but Tim Duncan is flat out incredible, and will go down as one of the all-time greats when it is all said and done. The best player in the NBA for the last decade and it isn't really even close.

Assuming the Spurs win it- we are talking about 4 rings, two regular-season MVP awards, at least 3 finals MVP's and nine first-team All-NBA nods.

I agree with this.

I still remember the first time I saw Duncan play. It was at the Smith Center and Wake Forest was playing the defending national champion Tar Heels. Eric Montross was a senior and he was completely dominated by this unknown from the Bahamas. Duncan was nearly fundementally perfect then, even though he didn't start playing ball until late. He was amazing.

Did you come up with this yourself, or did you just paraphrase Bill Simmons article from ESPN the Magazine?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...09&sportCat=nba

Duncan is the silent assasin. His D is what seperates him from Garnett. His D allows others around him to front their guy on the perimeter knowing he has their back. Thus, Duncan makes those around him better, and he is one of the top 3 players in the game in his own right.

His FT % is really his only weakness.

• 2 weeks later...

Tim Duncan has not been the best player in the league for a few years now...

Maurice Podoloff Trophy

2005-06 - Steve Nash, Phoenix

2004-05 - Steve Nash, Phoenix

2003-04 - Kevin Garnett, Minnesota

2002-03 - Tim Duncan, San Antonio

2001-02 - Tim Duncan, San Antonio

2000-01 - Allen Iverson, Philadelphia

1999-00 - Shaquille O'Neal, Los Angeles Lakers

What's odd, though, is Lebron & Kobe have never been on this list...

Maurice Podoloff Trophy

LBJ is 22 years old, and plays on a team by himself. Kobe Bryant also plays on a team by himself, but has already won 3 rings.

I also think they're the only two players that can go to any team in the league and make them playoff teams.

Maurice Podoloff Trophy

And I still wouldnt say Dirk is the best player in the league.

My feeling is that the MVP should somehow account for how good the player makes the team, or on the flip side, how much worse the team would be without the player.

I think one could easily make the case the Kobe or King James should have been MVP this year.

My feeling is that the MVP should somehow account for how good the player makes the team, or on the flip side, how much worse the team would be without the player.

I think one could easily make the case the Kobe or King James should have been MVP this year.

I am in no way a Kobe fan, and I'm perfectly fine with them giving it to Dirk this year. But seriously, if the Lakers had been without Kobe this past year, how many games would they have won? 15?

I agree 100 percent. Kobe Bryant and Labron James are, in my opinion, the only players in the league that can go to any team and make them instant playoff caliber teams.

I have to remind myself that Labron is only 22 years old. He's already starting to dominate... :D

I am in no way a Kobe fan, and I'm perfectly fine with them giving it to Dirk this year. But seriously, if the Lakers had been without Kobe this past year, how many games would they have won? 15?

That was my point exactly, Kobe brought another 27 games to the win column. Dirk or Nash don't do that 'cause they are on fairly good teams without them.

That was my point exactly, Kobe brought another 27 games to the win column. Dirk or Nash don't do that 'cause they are on fairly good teams without them.

Oh yes they do. Replace Dirk at PF with Jason Collins and you'd have a team that couldn't have possibly been the 1 seed in the playoffs. And take out Nash and replace him at PG with Eric Snow. . .same deal. You just don't notice it as much because they're surrounded by more talent than Kobe is. But Dirk and Nash are definately responsible for a higher team win percentage. Maybe not as high as Kobe on the Lakers. But if you had transported Steve Nash to the Celtics or the Knicks for the entire season this past year, I'm willing to bet they'd have made the playoffs (seeing as three .500 teams made the playoffs in the east)

How so?

Who has Manu Ginobli, Parker, Horry, and Finley? Who does Kobe Bryant have to play with?

I'll take Kobe or Labron over Duncan. Anyday.

If you put Manu or Tony on a team with Kobe, do you still think they would be all-stars? I don't. Conversely, if you put Duncan on the Lakers roster instead of Kobe, I think they would have made a serious run in the playoffs versus a quick exit in the first round.

My definition of a true superstar is a player that elevates the play of his teammates (i.e Jordan, Bird, Magic) to improve his team instead of trying to score 50 points every night.

How so?

Who has Manu Ginobli, Parker, Horry, and Finley? Who does Kobe Bryant have to play with?

I'll take Kobe or Labron over Duncan. Anyday.

Neither Kobe or Lebron have ever been the best player on a team that has won it all. Duncan has.it is because Duncan can dominate on offense and defense and the other 2 can just dominate on offense. although Lebron is still young and learning and I give him the benefit of the doubt so far.

Maurice Podoloff Trophy

Steve Nash winning the last 2 years is a joke IMO.

LBJ is 22 years old, and plays on a team by himself. Kobe Bryant also plays on a team by himself, but has already won 3 rings.

I also think they're the only two players that can go to any team in the league and make them playoff teams.

Kobe's 3 rings came from Shaq.

I think Dirk has been the regular season MVP for the last 2 years myself.

To me the top 3 players in the league this year were Nowitzki,Marion and Duncan.

You take Dirk off of Dallas and they miss the playoffs.

You take Kobe off of the Lakers and they usually don't miss a beat.

Kobe's 3 rings came from Shaq.

I agree.

I also don't understand how you take Duncan and put him on any team, and they don't become a playoff contender. As was stated, Duncan makes those around him better. He wouldn't just be trying to win games by himself. That could wear you down over the course of a season and you get swept in the first round

I agree.

I also don't understand how you take Duncan and put him on any team, and they don't become a playoff contender. As was stated, Duncan makes those around him better. He wouldn't just be trying to win games by himself. That could wear you down over the course of a season and you get swept in the first round

I agree.

IMO you put Duncan on any team and his team is a title contender. you take him off the Spurs and the Spurs battle to make the playoffs.

That being said..we are looking at the end of Duncans domination IMO. he may have 1 more year of dominating in him.he has been the best player of the 00's but all things come to a end. as I think we finally seen the end of Shaq this year.

I agree.

IMO you put Duncan on any team and his team is a title contender. you take him off the Spurs and the Spurs battle to make the playoffs.

That being said..we are looking at the end of Duncans domination IMO. he may have 1 more year of dominating in him.he has been the best player of the 00's but all things come to a end. as I think we finally seen the end of Shaq this year.

Do you think that Duncan could give the Pistons a run for there money if he was on Cleveland instead of Labron?

Duncan used to be a dominating force... I don't think he's quite there anymore.