[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Torry Holt - not a top 10 WR this year

Tauntaun

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey dummy, you're not factoring in ALL of the offensive lineman that they've lost or are playing injured. In addition to Pace - Goldberg, Steussie, and Setterstrom are just a few more contributing o-line issues of the top of my head. The greatest show on turf hasn't been around since 2001 and anyone that follows the Rams knows that. So for once, quit reading the little yahoo "expert" blurbs you see in your free leagues and get your stats straight before you post.

Maybe I should speak a little slower for you... the o-line is C-O-M-P-L-E-T-E-L-Y decimated.

As a homer you should have known that Holt has digressed since the greatest show on turf left St. Louis. Given his age, injuries, Bulger injuries, a terrible o-line prior to this years injuries.......it should not have been that hard to see that he would not be a top 10 WR. That was the point of my original post.

I am done for now. Next year, I will give everyone something to think about with another prediction. For now, just know that I am in a League with Menudo for the past 10 years. I have 5 championships and Menudo has none.....no I do not play in free yahoo leagues, nor do I spend all day, every day chatting on message boards. Simply put, I am brilliant.

As a homer you should have known that Holt has digressed since the greatest show on turf left St. Louis. Given his age, injuries, Bulger injuries, a terrible o-line prior to this years injuries.......it should not have been that hard to see that he would not be a top 10 WR. That was the point of my original post.

I am done for now. Next year, I will give everyone something to think about with another prediction. For now, just know that I am in a League with Menudo for the past 10 years. I have 5 championships and Menudo has none.....no I do not play in free yahoo leagues, nor do I spend all day, every day chatting on message boards. Simply put, I am brilliant.

:D Great.

:D

First, there's this: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/digressed

Then: And yet you're here begging for approval and recognition. Look at me, I'm Tauntaun, Menudo is my friend, this validates me (ugh sorry Menudo), hooray!

All hail Tauntaun.

Edited by Sturphy

He's definitely not helping you. :wacko:

:wacko:

First, there's this: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/digressed

Then: And yet you're here begging for approval and recognition. Look at me, I'm Tauntaun, Menudo is my friend, this validates me (ugh sorry Menudo), hooray!

All hail Tauntaun.

Are you buddies with Ugly Tuna and Irish also? :D

:wacko::wacko::D

:wacko::wacko::D

Sorry. I am purposely trying to be a dick. I read the message board all the time. Just trying to get a rise out of people. I told Menudo I was going to mention his name so people think he is an ass as well. From this point forward I will not be a prick but my statement about me having 5 championships to Menudo's zero is true. I know he loves to hear that. Signing off. Peace. :D

T, I cannot believe you called this so early. Man thank god I read this post months ago. I stayed away from Holt and boy am I happy I did. Dude you must have some serious skills in breaking down predictions. This post might just have saved my season because all the reasons you mentioned are right on accurate, even though injuries are probably the biggest reason you still new his production would go down this year.

Bulger is benched, the line is in shambles and Holts production is going to end up no where near his previous stats. You are the man and I can't thank you enough for helping us all out here with Holt. Great info here! You guys need to give this guy his props because he saved my bacon this year and if you Holt owners would have paid attention to this post you may not be in the position your in now.

Keep on postin fella. Holt's not a top 10 WR and you called it. Man o man you called it. This post is probably the most important post of the year cause if it wasnt' for this post I would have had Holt in my top 5 for sure which would have pushed my whole projections off. Come to think of it, I could have not picked Steve Smith this year. Man the domino effect would have been absolutely devastating. I mean, my 4-0 record might be 0-4. I just don't know what to say...........THANK YOU. THANK YOU so much for this post. You might just have saved my season. Dude you are welcome in this forum as long as you want and I will put in a word for you for a free membership next year.

F..CK it......................POST OF THE YEAR FELLAS. Right here. Whatda Say! :D

For he's a jolly good fella, for he's a jolly good fella, for he's a jolly good feeeellllaaaaa, which nobody can deny...................

This is hilarious. It's like predicting that the population of New Orleans would drop because of changing demographic patterns and then screaming "I WAS RIGHT" after the frickin' hurricane.

NONE of your original reasoning is accurate with regard to why Holt's numbers are down. NONE.

Senator, I knew Big Mike and you are no Big Mike. :D

And you can tell me that the writing was not on the wall about their o-line from last year? Did you really expect something different this year? Maybe if they were all 10 years younger. Bulger has been on his back as much this year as he was last year.

You really got me, I will go back to my free Yahoo Leagues. Don't be too upset you had Holt ranked in your top 3 WR's.

I actually had a feeling Holt might not be a stud WR this year before the season started, and it was mainly due to the offense becoming more ball control. However, I still thought he'd be at the bottom of the top 10. As for your comments, I've seen you repeatedly call Holt an old man in this thread, that he doesn't have the speed that he used to have. Quite frankly, that is just asenine. He might be a little hindered by some previous injuries, but he can still create separation from opposing defenders. There is some validity in your argument about the offensive scheme change, but that's about it.

As for your "prediction", the situation with St. Louis injuries to multiple offensive linemen, the stud RB and the starting QB make it look more like the offense is failing Holt, not Holt failing the offense, so to say he's lost a step makes no sense. That being said, I would have liked to have seen the 10 WRs you thought would out-perform Holt this year when you made your prediction back in May.

I do not want to write about 10 guys as to why I think they will do better than Holt this year. I just think that Holt is going to have a down year, maybe get injured again? Who knows. I will take any of these guys this year over Holt (in no particular order):

Chad Johnson

Steve Smith

Larry Fitzgerald

Reggie Wayne

Marvin Harrison

Terrell Owens

Randy Moss

Donald Driver

Andre Johnson

Anquan Boldin

these guys certainly have the potential:

Colston

R Williams

Walker

Evans

I know, I am an idiot for saying I would take Moss or A Johnson over Holt given their histories. Again, from a fantasy perspective Holt is on a decline while Moss is in a good situation and AJ will finally break out over a full season.

MTSuper. Here you go since you asked.

I do not want to write about 10 guys as to why I think they will do better than Holt this year. I just think that Holt is going to have a down year, maybe get injured again? Who knows. I will take any of these guys this year over Holt (in no particular order):

Chad Johnson

Steve Smith

Larry Fitzgerald

Reggie Wayne

Marvin Harrison

Terrell Owens

Randy Moss

Donald Driver

Andre Johnson

Anquan Boldin

these guys certainly have the potential:

Colston

R Williams

Walker

Evans

I know, I am an idiot for saying I would take Moss or A Johnson over Holt given their histories. Again, from a fantasy perspective Holt is on a decline while Moss is in a good situation and AJ will finally break out over a full season.

Since you seem to be helping everyone draft a championship, why didn't you stop me from taking a future injury? Maybe thats what your prediction for next year should be. Figure out when and how players will get injured so I don't get stung next year. :D

And just so you can concentrate, we'll all leave you alone so you can go silent until 5/21/08. And :wacko: don't feel the need to reply or post until then, we'll be ok the damage for this year has been done. You have a very important mission ahead of you, god speed. :D

And just so you can concentrate, we'll all leave you alone so you can go silent until 5/21/08. And :D don't feel the need to reply or post until then, we'll be ok the damage for this year has been done. You have a very important mission ahead of you, god speed. :D

:wacko:

I was right too. I said the Eagles wouldn't win the superbowl this year. Where is my praise? :D

Yes, but, the Phillies made the playoffs ! Hasn't that been fun to watch so far ?

Since you seem to be helping everyone draft a championship, why didn't you stop me from taking a future injury? Maybe thats what your prediction for next year should be. Figure out when and how players will get injured so I don't get stung next year. :D

And just so you can concentrate, we'll all leave you alone so you can go silent until 5/21/08. And :wacko: don't feel the need to reply or post until then, we'll be ok the damage for this year has been done. You have a very important mission ahead of you, god speed. :D

It's goodspeed, sir. And Andre Johnson will still finish in the top 10 even with the injury.

I was right too. I said the Eagles wouldn't win the superbowl this year. Where is my praise? :D

Hey tough guy. It would be a different story if you made that post and 6 pages of posts said you were nuts. I still have not heard 1 person that has man love for Holt come out and say they had him overvalued. Injuries or no injuries to the team, he is obviously no longer a stud receiver.

It's goodspeed, sir. And Andre Johnson will still finish in the top 10 even with the injury.

Merriam-Webster:

Godspeed

Main Entry: God·speed

Pronunciation: \-ˈspēd\

Function: noun

Etymology: Middle English god speid, from the phrase God spede you God prosper you

Date: 15th century

: a prosperous journey : success <bade him Godspeed>

Nice try.

Hey tough guy. It would be a different story if you made that post and 6 pages of posts said you were nuts. I still have not heard 1 person that has man love for Holt come out and say they had him overvalued. Injuries or no injuries to the team, he is obviously no longer a stud receiver.

The reason no one has said that is because it is not true. At 31, Holt's skills and value as a receiver have not diminished, he is still one of the best in the game. The six pages of smack are because you think his stats this season support your hypothesis that he has lost a step and they do not. They are a reflection of what has happened to the team.

If you're still looking for someone to support you on this, you're going to need to wait another six pages. (Or 600.)